LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 307 users in the forums

TD Return should have been called back.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
And the holding call in the EZ on the safety. So obvious. The guy was bear hugging him from behind. This isn't whining either. I just want to know why they werent called.
now when I play madden, and ray lewis is at the beginning...it just makes me think this whole thing was set up somehow. I mean, Know the ravens had to play well...but, some of that stuff was just ablsolutely crazy to see in a big game. I know referees shouldn't have the final say, but there were clearly 4 or 5 calls that if they had not gone against us, or been called we would have won.

1) Ed reed was way off sids
2) Holidng on the Punt/Safety
3) Holding on Crabtree

4) offsides for brooks and smith...both actually timed it perfectly from the angle I saw..they were not offisdes...
5) There should have been a penalty on the ravens during that fight..that williams guy is a complete waste of human existance....his name will never be remembered.

In a few years. Ray Lewis case will be re-opened. My bet is eventually, he'll serve his time.
I agree that the refs were terrible and missed a bunch of calls for both teams. With everything that happened we still had a chance to win but we could not execute. The play I wanted to see was the QB sweep that we started to run on second down with the ball on the 5. Looked like Kaep had a lot of room to un and blockers in front but we called a timeout
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
now when I play madden, and ray lewis is at the beginning...it just makes me think this whole thing was set up somehow. I mean, Know the ravens had to play well...but, some of that stuff was just ablsolutely crazy to see in a big game. I know referees shouldn't have the final say, but there were clearly 4 or 5 calls that if they had not gone against us, or been called we would have won.

1) Ed reed was way off sids
2) Holidng on the Punt/Safety
3) Holding on Crabtree

4) offsides for brooks and smith...both actually timed it perfectly from the angle I saw..they were not offisdes...
5) There should have been a penalty on the ravens during that fight..that williams guy is a complete waste of human existance....his name will never be remembered.

In a few years. Ray Lewis case will be re-opened. My bet is eventually, he'll serve his time.

I agree with everything except #4. I saw them both as being offsides. Gotta be honest with myself about that. However, the refs had no issues calling penalties against us. On #5, there were multiple times where the Ravens should have gotten unsportsmanlike conduct, not just on that one play.
I saw a post where someone said it isn't holding unless he is taken to ground. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Was, from the images we saw, that a 100% hold? If so then I would change my tune about refs. I am ok with the other no calls. But this one I wouldn't be.

Can someone clear this up for me?
What about the fact that #29 on Ravens, I believe a CB pushed a ref and was not flagged or kicked out of the game?
Originally posted by zozell:
I said this when I called into Murph and Mac on KNBR this morning but why is no one talking about the blatant MAULING of Bruce Miller on the TD return? Everyone watch #49. Miller is held, for at LEAST 10 seconds.

Not saying this makes up for our 2ndary getting torched by Flucko and all of the clock management mistakes... that being said, 1 or 2 critical plays in either direction could determine outcomes of close games... This and the Crabtree hold were 2 that I think did...

This TD should have been called back... This was a game changer... officiating was a travesty.

If there's a thread on this, I didn't find it.

No sir we all suffered from collective delusion
Those replacement refs were perfect during SB
the NFL is in good hands
When I saw it happen I knew it was going to come back as just about every kick return for a TD nets a holding call on somebody. When no flag came I was beyond pissed off and stunned at how horrible we are at tackling. I don't even care about the other blown calls but that one made me sick and in the end 100% cost us the game. That TD comes back they don't score on that drive and it's game over we win.
That was holding on that punt return, but most of all they needed the Ravens to win to send thug role model and murderer Ray Lewis out with another f**king ring just like they did Jerome Bettis in 2005. That was by far one of the most horrible officiated Super Bowls ever. The 2008 Cards/Steelers, 2005 Seahawks/Steelers, and 2001 Rams/Patriots, along with this one. That makes the entire NFC West even with being screwed by NFL officials against east coast teams since the 2000 season.
Need knowledge of zone to answer my question above. I am sitting at airport, delayed hours, Raven fan sitting at my gate, getting angry. Need this cleared up for me.

Blocker cannot use his hands or arms to push from behind, hang onto, or encircle an opponent in a manner that restricts his movement as the play develops.

Link

Pretty sure the Ravens did all of the above to Miller, with not only 1 guy but 2
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Feb 4, 2013 at 1:32 PM ]
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Need knowledge of zone to answer my question above. I am sitting at airport, delayed hours, Raven fan sitting at my gate, getting angry. Need this cleared up for me.

Holding is holding doesn't matter whether the player is taken to the ground or not.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Quote:
Blocker cannot use his hands or arms to push from behind, hang onto, or encircle an opponent in a manner that restricts his movement as the play develops.

Link

Pretty sure the Ravens did all of the above to Miller, with not only 1 guy but 2

Thank you.
Originally posted by niners94510:
I agree that the refs were terrible and missed a bunch of calls for both teams. With everything that happened we still had a chance to win but we could not execute. The play I wanted to see was the QB sweep that we started to run on second down with the ball on the 5. Looked like Kaep had a lot of room to un and blockers in front but we called a timeout

This is SO true...THAT was a TD if no TO/Penalty. That said, the initial spot SHOULD have been at the 2.5 yard line, NOT the 7. Take a look at the 2:39 mark.
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Sigh.

Thanks Marvin!!! How obvious does it need to be?

Also, on the other side, D Walker was also held on that play... Gee, when you have 11 on 9, you should f***ing run it back for a TD!!

I cannot believe these pics. This needs to be a giant response from the 49ers on this. Why is it a punishable offense to call out bad officiating? I am starting to think this game really was rigged. It happened in the NBA, why can't it happen in the NFL?

Share 49ersWebzone