There are 111 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

TD Return should have been called back.

The refs were terrible, and that head ref leads the worst officiating crew in the NFL. I was horrified when I saw him on the screen to start the game. I couldn't fathom how he actually made it to the Super Bowl.

Anyway, here is something no one is taking into account.
It's only a penalty if its called. The refs are a part of the game, getting away with as much as you can with the refs is a part of trying to win a football game. The Ravens obviously did an excellent job of this, and won because of it. If the refs don't call it, it's a credit to the players for anticipating that.

The refs are a part of the game and if the're bad, then you should play them for all they're worth. The Ravens did that and won the game because of it.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Feb 4, 2013 at 9:05 AM ]
That power outage was designed to give the Ravens defense more rest and to throw off our offense who just so happened to have the ball at the time.

This game stinks of of a setup I know everyone is saying the outage helped us and maybe it did but I still think it was done to try to throw us off balance because they know we made adjustments in the Atlanta game during the half and stormed back just like we did in this game.

If ever I saw a slanted game this was it and the NFL should be ashamed of putting such bad officials in the biggest game then say we were just letting them play WTF??? so toss out all the rules in the biggest game ??????
Originally posted by drakan:
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by drakan:
The Niners were lucky with the power outage. Delays usually work to the losing side's advantage as it kills whatever momentum the other side had.

100%. without the power outage this game was gonna be like the seattle one

Well this game played out like our previous playoff games. We got down then came back. Just came up short with that holding that wasn't called.

I highly doubt the game would have been competitive without the 34 min. delay.

The delay, like the refs, is a part of the game. Its the player's job to take advantage of it. IF IF IF... forever and ever. The Ravens won because they WANTED it more. That's what every game like this comes down to.
Originally posted by Niner_Fan:
That power outage was designed to give the Ravens defense more rest and to throw off our offense who just so happened to have the ball at the time.

This game stinks of of a setup I know everyone is saying the outage helped us and maybe it did but I still think it was done to try to throw us off balance because they know we made adjustments in the Atlanta game during the half and stormed back just like we did in this game.

If ever I saw a slanted game this was it and the NFL should be ashamed of putting such bad officials in the biggest game then say we were just letting them play WTF??? so toss out all the rules in the biggest game ??????

If the officials are bad (which I agree), then our players should have taken ADVANTAGE of that situation. Now, if you're saying that the officials were throwing the game for one team over another, that is another story, and it is a story in the fiction section.
Originally posted by RavinRaven:
Quit b***hing take your loss like a man!! HAHA itll be years before the 9ers make it back prob even longer for the ravens....but guess what.....we are champs!

How pathetic are you. You team just won the superbowl and you have to come to our website and talk s**t because you have no friends to celebrate with. You won congrats but only a b***h would come here to brag. Please leave little boy before we just ban you from our site. It was a hard loss Niner fans but we will be back.
But it wasn't. So I guess it counts.
Come on guys. Yes there were poor officiating calls, but there is no conspiracy against the Niners. It wasn't a conspiracy that caused Culliver to allow Jones to get over the top and get an easy 56 yard touchdown. It wasn't a conspiracy that made Donte Whitner have one brain fart after the other in coverage. It wasn't a conspiracy that had the Niners down 28-6 in the 3rd quarter. The 49ers did not play good enough to win, period. And that defense, which was supposed to be the strength of the team, has been abysmal the last two games. We have to recognize that we have some weaknesses that need addressing in the offseason. I am encouraged by the potential of this offense, which has become much more explosive with Kaepernick at the helm. We're going to get Manningham, Williams, and Hunter back next year, which will make our offense that much better. If we can add a big bodied wide receiver, we'll be set. On defense we need to fix several things. But all in all, I like our chances to get back to the SB next year.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Tired of hearing the complaining about the refs, usually the non calls or bad calls balance out. Not once do I ever hear anyone mention something a 49er got away with. I think I am the only one who ever mentions Rice's non fumble against the Packers in the 1998 play-off game that should have prevented the Catch 2 from ever happening. Stop being so biased, with 7 guys watching 22 at field level moving full speed there are bound to be mistakes. The only way to guarantee perfect officiating would be for the refs to watch tape of the previous play over and over again, and make calls off of that. Then the games would take two days to play, would that make you happy?
Other than the glaring and obvious double teamed jersey pulling holding of #49 Miller to let the returner ran past, we just can't blame the officiating for that return for TD. One Raven had his arms bear hugging Miller from the back preventing him from turning and running after Williams and the other Ravens was also pulling his jersey. 0:5 to 0:09 -- Miller getting mauled but no call....

[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Feb 4, 2013 at 9:29 AM ]
yeah the refs f*ing blew this game.
I had the feeling going into the game that the Niners would have to beat the Ravens and the officiating to win the SB because of the Ray Lewis factor -- they came up short on both.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Feb 4, 2013 at 9:34 AM ]
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
The KO return was, IMO, the backbreaker.

That said, we lost - period. It's over.

Now, we need to regroup and fix it.

Not a gambling person, so this is just my curiosity ... if we were 4 point favourites, how did Vegas do on the game.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:
Not a gambling person, so this is just my curiosity ... if we were 4 point favourites, how did Vegas do on the game.
The spread is their attempt to balance the action on each side, if there is equal money on each side Vegas makes 4.5% called the vig. Normally to win $100 a person has to bet $110 against the spread, keeping that $10 is their profit, as they took $110 off the losing side and only paid out $100 to the winners. If the money is balanced and it normally is they don't care who wins.