There are 242 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

There was a worse penalty that wasn't called!

Originally posted by RavinRaven:
Get over it guys ray lewis prayed his way to victory....God loves us hates you! Go ravens

Here we go again, another raven fan that would have been hiding under his wing had his team lost last night. I actually had tremendous respect for your team before and even shortly after last nights super bowl and if the niners were not in the super bowl, I would have rooted for you guys with another Harbaugh coaching your team but you fair weather raven fans coming on here pretty much have killed that. Learn to win with some class boys. You got a long way to get to those five rings we already got. It will be even more challenging considering your old @$$ team has pretty much peaked and our overall young @$$ team is just peaking. We will be back, you guys, not so sure. You guys are hilarious.
People are complaining about the no-calls on 3rd and 4th down, but I really don't care or agree. Even on the 4th down play, Kaepernik did not throw a good ball. It was overthrown, and I don't think Crabtree was catching it anyway.

The fact of the matter is, we had four plays to go nine yards and we didn't do it. That's all there is to it. Roman or Harbaugh thinking it was a good idea to line up in shotgun/pistol with 3 wide receivers in lieu of a power running formation had a hell of a lot more to do with us losing that the refs did.
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
That was a horribly called game by the ref, but roman's last 4 plays made me completely forget about them

This.
Originally posted by theduke85:
People are complaining about the no-calls on 3rd and 4th down, but I really don't care or agree. Even on the 4th down play, Kaepernik did not throw a good ball. It was overthrown, and I don't think Crabtree was catching it anyway.

The fact of the matter is, we had four plays to go nine yards and we didn't do it. That's all there is to it. Roman or Harbaugh thinking it was a good idea to line up in shotgun/pistol with 3 wide receivers in lieu of a power running formation had a hell of a lot more to do with us losing that the refs did.

as i said in another thread, its always sad in sports when a team known for doing something goes away from it at the seasons most crucial moment
Originally posted by crabman82:
as i said in another thread, its always sad in sports when a team known for doing something goes away from it at the seasons most crucial moment

Calling Joe Staley's number would've been a good call on 1st or 2nd down.

[ Edited by paperplanemedia on Feb 4, 2013 at 8:44 AM ]
Go to the 2:41 mark...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-super-bowl/0ap2000000135933/Super-Bowl-XLVII-remix
[ Edited by paperplanemedia on Feb 4, 2013 at 8:52 AM ]
Originally posted by iLL49er:
stop this non-sense

refs called a good game

we lost cuz our defense couldn't get off the field on 3rd down in the 2nd half that led to 2 huge fg's for the ravens and our bad play calling at the goal line

Are you actually serious? "Refs called a good game?" A good game would mean they made all the right calls. I live in Dallas and even sports talk radio hosts here are saying that we got robbed. They are specifically calling out the play where Ed Reed was offsides on the 2 point conversion, among other no-calls.

Now, we did lose because of other, bigger mistakes on D and ST, but to say the "refs called a good game" is ignorant to the facts.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
That was a horribly called game by the ref, but roman's last 4 plays made me completely forget about them

This.
of course this is the truth,, did you really think roman could call three good games in a row,, he needs to go right now and take akers with him and the secondary
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
Originally posted by iLL49er:
stop this non-sense

refs called a good game

we lost cuz our defense couldn't get off the field on 3rd down in the 2nd half that led to 2 huge fg's for the ravens and our bad play calling at the goal line

I'm not blaming the refs, just calling it out like I saw it. The no call on the holding I was ok with because the ball was thrown to a spot that made it difficult to call. If Kap throws that lower and to the back shoulder, it probably would've have been called. We lost this game with our slow start on offense and turnovers, IMO.

Well if the play was a designed fade route, then Crabtree should not have run up to the CB and initiated contact. He should have run to the corner of the endzone.
Your absolutely right. Ref's have called that all year long for less helmet to helmet hits. So that should have been called................