LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

There was a worse penalty that wasn't called!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It was the play before the no call on the holding. Crabtree took a helmet to helmet blow, he was clearly a defenseless player when it happened!
stop this non-sense

refs called a good game

we lost cuz our defense couldn't get off the field on 3rd down in the 2nd half that led to 2 huge fg's for the ravens and our bad play calling at the goal line
Originally posted by iLL49er:
stop this non-sense

refs called a good game

we lost cuz our defense couldn't get off the field on 3rd down in the 2nd half that led to 2 huge fg's for the ravens and our bad play calling at the goal line
Good game?
They had key miss calls on both sides.
Short of a good game.
stop this non-sense

refs called a good game

I'm not blaming the refs, just calling it out like I saw it. The no call on the holding I was ok with because the ball was thrown to a spot that made it difficult to call. If Kap throws that lower and to the back shoulder, it probably would've have been called. We lost this game with our slow start on offense and turnovers, IMO.
you guys blaming the refs are sounding like the seahawk fans from their sb. i got a concept, how about not going down 28-6? that power outage saved us from a total s**t kicking
Originally posted by crabman82:
you guys blaming the refs are sounding like the seahawk fans from their sb. i got a concept, how about not going down 28-6? that power outage saved us from a total s**t kicking

Where does it say I'm blaming the refs? All I'm saying is there was a penalty worse than the one everyone is crying about. Player safety rules that are missed IMO are far worse.
stop this non-sense

refs called a good game

Sorry but that statement just couldn't be further from the truth.

Look at the safety the Ravens took. While they are running out the last few seconds with their punter screwin around in the end zone there is a 49er with a Ravens players arms around his waist, hugging him from behind being held and prevented from tackling him earlier. The holding in this game was so damn blatant and all game long. The Ravens got away with one and the refs helped them.

The Niners were penalized early and always right when the Ravens needed it and the Ravens were not penalized much at all. Yet held, blatantly held, several times.
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:

Where does it say I'm blaming the refs? All I'm saying is there was a penalty worse than the one everyone is crying about. Player safety rules that are missed IMO are far worse.

it so counter productive after the fact to nit pick what calls were or were not made. you go into any football game understanding the refs are going to miss some calls, usually for both sides. its an execution game, if you execute you'll win especially with a team as talented as we have. for every missed or questionable call, there was like 5 plays where we flat out didnt bring it.
stop this non-sense

refs called a good game

Disagree and agree.

Worst officiated game in Super Bowl history. On at least three different occasions, I saw Ravens players slapping the side of 49er player helmets AFTER the play had ended and well after the whistle had blown. In any other game? Those would have been personal foul calls, costing the Ravens 15 yards. But they were only penalized twice for twenty yards. This was clearly a screw job against the Niners.

BUT -- I will agree -- it's not the reason why we lost. We lost because our defense got torched for 34 points. Our pass rush was non-existent. Our secondary was terrible. Culliver played the worst game of his career.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WINiner:
stop this non-sense

refs called a good game

Sorry but that statement just couldn't be further from the truth.

Look at the safety the Ravens took. While they are running out the last few seconds with their punter screwin around in the end zone there is a 49er with a Ravens players arms around his waist, hugging him from behind being held and prevented from tackling him earlier. The holding in this game was so damn blatant and all game long. The Ravens got away with one and the refs helped them.

The Niners were penalized early and always right when the Ravens needed it and the Ravens were not penalized much at all. Yet held, blatantly held, several times.
Funny, I have not heard one guy complaining about the officiating ever mention something that a 49er got away with. You guys are watching the game from a very biased viewpoint. The bad calls and non calls all even out. The refs aren't watching the game from a TV with perfect camera angles. They are watching from field level with a lot of very large fast men running all over the place. You have seven officials trying to watch 22 guys, they aren't going to get all the calls right.
[ Edited by BobS on Feb 4, 2013 at 8:11 AM ]

it so counter productive after the fact to nit pick what calls were or were not made. you go into any football game understanding the refs are going to miss some calls, usually for both sides. its an execution game, if you execute you'll win especially with a team as talented as we have. for every missed or questionable call, there was like 5 plays where we flat out didnt bring it.

Agreed, I'm tired of everyone blaming the refs too and just wanted to point out that the helmet to helmet hit that was missed was worse.
There was a conspiracy here for the Ravens to win there's no doubt in my mind because the Ray Lewis story was good for the media.

There were so many penalties against the Ravens that were not called it's unreal I mean explain to me how you shove a ref and get away with it WTF???

And what was with the power going out after the kickoff return of 108 yards that just about every Raven on the field was holding in order to achieve, the Niners have the ball on a third down play and the lights go out at the Superbowl WTF?? they knew we made big adjustments during the half in the Atlanta game so they toss in a big distraction like that to put us off balance and what was with the commercial about the stain on a Montana jersey where the lady ruins the Niner jersey then says go Ravens WTF?? the hidden secret message of the game that was.

This game was rigged you'll never make me believe otherwise
That was a horribly called game by the ref, but roman's last 4 plays made me completely forget about them
Get over it guys ray lewis prayed his way to victory....God loves us hates you! Go ravens
stop this non-sense

refs called a good game

The niners lost the turn over differential, gave up a 108 yard kick return, gave huge yards to players via mis tackling, to be within striking distance to win shows that the offense did their part.
Share 49ersWebzone