There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

So Proud of the Team

  • Buchy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 754
There seems to be a huge amount of hysteria on the board, and some unclear thinking from some posters on what would have made a difference and trying to lay blame on some players in an utterly bizarre fashion.

The fact of it is, we were in the Superbowl for the first time in 2 decades on only our second winning season in a long time. We went in there with a young team and a lot of injuries, and we laid an egg in the first half.

However, I have never seen that kind of fight from any other team in a long time. Guys could have shrunk back, hung their heads, played out the rest of the game in a lackluster fashion. Instead we took it to them. Every single guy manned up, put themselves on the line and stepped forward. They provided the most exciting game in Superbowl history, they competed and fought and from being 28-6 down at the start of the 3rd Quarter, they went to the edge and took us within 10 yards of winning.

Incredibly proud of this team, and no one watching that game (or the NFC Championship) is ever going to think we're out of a game. They'll always be worried that we'll come back at them.

Everyone on here should be so proud of the team - we've gone from the wilderness to SB contender in 2 seasons. We have a young team, that are incredibly tough mentally and physically, and the future is bright. Everyone should be basking in the glory of that. We've gone from under achieving for many years and turned around to being at the superbowl.

Let's not focus on the "what ifs", let's focus on the success we've built and look to the future to continue in the same vein.
[ Edited by Buchy on Feb 4, 2013 at 2:15 AM ]
agreeed 100% we will be back and ready to go. come seasons start, man, this sucked on losing side. never thought id agree. goniners this is just the beginning!
proud to be a niner fan, just dont know how to quit. get justin n the team healthy n lets roll! we have something great brewing
Time to move on and get better.

The draft is around the corner and FA is looming. Trent & JH will have us back in the bowl next year.
Originally posted by frankie:
agreeed 100% we will be back and ready to go. come seasons start, man, this sucked on losing side. never thought id agree. goniners this is just the beginning!

Yep. This is what they draw on next year.
I am extremely proud, too. The fact that they made this a game after being down 28-6 says a lot. I can't believe it ended up being a competitive, entertaining game at all. That alone is makes the loss bearable. I would be a lot more devastated if we been blown out like 45-14 or something.

The only thing that scares me is how volatile the NFL is. I really hope we can sustain this success and be consistently competitive like the Patriots have been, but I'm not holding my breath. The Pats are the exception, not the rule.
Here's how I look at it. Let me compile a list:

1. We lose our #2 receiver in Mario Manningham
2. We lose our #3 receiver in Kyle Williams
3. We lose our #2 RB in Kendall Hunter
4. Our best defensive lineman, Justin Smith, gets dinged last quarter of the season
5. Our starting QB has played less than a dozen games.
6. Our current #2 WR, Moss, is a part time player at best.

All this and we almost beat the Ravens in the SB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[ Edited by pete98146 on Feb 4, 2013 at 11:31 AM ]
Absolutely agree. I've been a fan of this team for 25 years and this topped the NFC championship loss to the Giants in 1990 as the most heartbreaking loss. But despite the flaws and the loss in SB I was very impressed with the never say day attitude of this team. Especially Colin. I have absolutely no doubt we will be back next year even stronger.
Originally posted by pete98146:
Here's how I look at it. Let me compile a list:

1. We lose our #2 receiver in Mario Manningham
2. We lose our #3 receiver in Kyle Williams
3. We lose our #2 RB in Kendall Hunter
4. Our best defensive lineman, Justin Smith, gets dinged last quarter of the season
5. Our starting QB has played less than a dozen games.
6. Our current #2 WR, Moss, is a part time player at best.

All this and we almost beat the Ravens in the SB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crazy.. I almost forgot about Kendall Hunter. Manningham was severely missed.
I'm extremely proud of this team! They have went from shot to te Super Bowl in two years! We're the youngest team in the league and will only get better. We WILL win it all next year
Originally posted by Buchy:
There seems to be a huge amount of hysteria on the board, and some unclear thinking from some posters on what would have made a difference and trying to lay blame on some players in an utterly bizarre fashion.

The fact of it is, we were in the Superbowl for the first time in 2 decades on only our second winning season in a long time. We went in there with a young team and a lot of injuries, and we laid an egg in the first half.

However, I have never seen that kind of fight from any other team in a long time. Guys could have shrunk back, hung their heads, played out the rest of the game in a lackluster fashion. Instead we took it to them. Every single guy manned up, put themselves on the line and stepped forward. They provided the most exciting game in Superbowl history, they competed and fought and from being 28-6 down at the start of the 3rd Quarter, they went to the edge and took us within 10 yards of winning.

Incredibly proud of this team, and no one watching that game (or the NFC Championship) is ever going to think we're out of a game. They'll always be worried that we'll come back at them.

Everyone on here should be so proud of the team - we've gone from the wilderness to SB contender in 2 seasons. We have a young team, that are incredibly tough mentally and physically, and the future is bright. Everyone should be basking in the glory of that. We've gone from under achieving for many years and turned around to being at the superbowl.

Let's not focus on the "what ifs", let's focus on the success we've built and look to the future to continue in the same vein.

I agree completely...It feels crappy right now but things are looking pretty darn good for the future.
Go Niners!
Im also very proud of them.

Thank you for the awesome year I was thoroughly entertained all season.
I'm proud of them as well. They fought their asses off.