Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 686 users in the forums

Your reasons for why we lost

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Just wasn't our time. Not that I wanted us to lose because I didn't, but I think we'll be a better, more hungry and more focused team next year and beyond because of this loss.

It's like we had to lose the NFC championship in order to win it the next season and now we have to lose a superbowl to come and win it? I don't see us back here though and think we see a steady decline. We missed two golden chances that don't come around very often and we choked.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by danimal:
Kaepernick ran the ball 25 times in the post season for 264 yards. That is a 10.5 avg.

Why did he not run the ball 50 times in the playoffs????

If we had him keep running until the defenses could have held him to lets say a 5 or 6 avg......we not only would have won our sixth ring, but none of this games would have even been close.

I truly believe this. And I am not the type of guy who wants a QB running the ball 20 times a game. I have and will always ackowledge that pocket QB's rule the NFL. BUT.....for very special runners like Vick or Kaep.....there is a small window in their career(lets say before age 28) where these running QBs can claim a championship if they embrace the run as opposed to seeking to prove to the world they are a just as effective in the pocket.

We only got to the SB because CK ran the ball 25 times in the post season. And we only would have won if he simply ran more

We aren't trying to run an offense like RGIII to get his knees blown out. He needs to make timely runs.

We got to the Superbowl because of his leg and his arm.


1. Kaep barely gets touched.
2. Of course his strong arm was just as important in getting there. But at the end of the day, Niners coaches and or Kaep himself missed what would have been the perfect run to pass ratio
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
We scored almost easily on a Frank Gore run just 10 minutes beforehand. Ngata was out. We should have shoved it down their f**king throats. Not rolled out... not a fade. Damn!
Exactly my feeling. We boast all year long about being a shove it down your throat team, and in the biggest game of the year throw three passes???
[ Edited by 49erBeachBum on Feb 4, 2013 at 12:38 PM ]
The Niners could have kept the game alive by kicking a field goal on 4th down and then trying an onside kick. Yes Akers was a liability all year but if he makes it they stay alive. Recover the kick and then you only have twenty yards of open field before you try the game winner. Risking but not as risky as putting all your eggs in one basket. Surely Roman and Harbaugh knew pressure was coming....similar to the failed 2pt convert attempt. I would have kicked it and played strategy! Especially short the time outs like they were!
I'm not saying it was set up for the ravens to win. But, my wife and I watched a ton of superbowl coverage last week, and we were disgusted at how much the ravens were talked about over the 49ers.

Madden was all over the ravens nut sack putting ray lewis as the spokesperson...

the whole...I was a young man, now i'm a leader...

some of the calls that weren't...

the fight that nothing happend...there should have been 3 penalties on the ravens...

i'm sure we did stuff but there retaliations were clearly seen on TV...

The niners had an uphill climb the whole game...

This game made me sick...especially when i read reports of the bowman interview and he's hearing ray lewis scream and yell and whatever
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Also I see a lot of people dogging Culliver but IMO he is one of the few CB's on our team who can consistently make plays on the ball deep down the field and he can play man pretty good. I think the only person at this point I would want removed from out secondary is Whitner, I don't think he brings anything special to our defense. We need someone special back their who can make a qb think twice before he lets a pass fly. Also the pass rush has NOT been helping our DBs at all. My only issue with the AJ Jenkins pick was the fact that front seven help was a bigger issue with Aldon moving to be a 3 down backer. Which personally I think we need to draft a three down olb and turn Aldon into a pass rush specialist again.

in Peter Kings Monday Morning QB he writes the ravens players after the game in their locker room were joking about Culliver's ineptitude.
Joe Flacco played flawlessly.

He made some amazing plays.

He won the game for them.

The jacoby jones return was icing on the cake.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 44,536
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Just wasn't our time. Not that I wanted us to lose because I didn't, but I think we'll be a better, more hungry and more focused team next year and beyond because of this loss.

Problem is that almost never happens in the NFL... This will be a HUGE test to really see how good a coach Harbaugh is.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 44,536
Originally posted by Garcia:
Joe Flacco played the first half flawlessly.

He made some amazing plays in the first half.

He won the game for them in the first half.

The jacoby jones return was icing on the cake.

Fixed!
Why are we the kings of abandoning what we do best when it matters the most? It is painful the way we lose games. Every time we get down it's like they instantly abandon the run as though passing is your only option. Especially when we have TONS of time left you would actually want to score slower and eat clock in that situation.

I fully believe if we run the pistol Kap would have gotten it in the end zone on the first play.

I don't even want to think of how bad we blundered that one away when we were 7 yards from the win. We wanted to lose and played like it.
Originally posted by theduke85:
Originally posted by SkyGod:
What do the Roman apologists have to say now?

Roman's playcalling has been called out as suspect for 2 years by many yet the Roman nutswingers said he was fine.
It's not black-or-white. The offense put up nearly 500 yards of offense, we had a 100-yard rusher, 2 100-yard receivers, a 300-yard passer. If Roman was so putrid, we wouldn't those kinds of lines in the box score. At the same time, I thought the playcalling on those last three plays was indefensible.


I expected to see Kaep around the left side. So did the Ravens.....if you watch the OLB on the left, he sat on it and took it away!
If a play works once it will usually work again. I don't get why coaches don't call the same plays when it works so well the 1st time. Roman should have called the same play that got Gore that rushing TD.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 65,216
Should have bootleged Kap.
Originally posted by sfout:
I'll say this and only this.

We tried to engineer Kaepernick's legacy rather than letting Gore put the finishing touches on his.

We lost because we wanted to prove that Kaepernick was/is the right choice(which he is but that doesn't change that fact that we should've ran the ball at least 2 of those 4 plays)

Yup
double post
[ Edited by WINiner on Feb 4, 2013 at 12:58 PM ]
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone