There are 187 users in the forums

Your reasons for why we lost

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Well thanks pickle, honestly i thought it was the deciding factor too. But if u just heard Irving and Deion,

"On that last play everyone wants to call holding, Crabs slowed up on the play, and he and Kaep knew they wanted the back shoulder fade. Crabs didnt extend his arms like he should have, and the D back stayed with him, and just helped make a play. The refs are right there. And then... after it was over. What did Crabs do.... Absolutely nothing. I mean if he was held, when was the last time, not even in a big game, but any game, that the WR gets held, and doesnt make a stink or say anything. He had no reaction and said nothing, because it was nothing. So harbs needs to let go of that being the only reason."

And like i said, when i watched the play, i saw the dback all over Crabs, but also saw Crabs with his hands all over the dback. thats why i said it was a good no call.

I think that is a big part of why it wasnt called to me the issue on the play was the dback bear hugged crabs and crabs tried to get loose from him by trying to push off, almost the same exact thing that happened on the PI call on Cully. But i still dont understand why Kaep tried to rocket the ball way over crabs and way out of reach. The only penalty im seriously sore over was the Hold on Miller during the 2nd half opening kickoff.
Defense plain and simple. As the demonstrated the offense would have overcome the LMJ fumble and the INT, and even the return they gave up to start the second half. If the defense could have gotten a stop when they needed it on the drive where the Ravens scored their final field goal it would have been a different game. It's bizarre because the defense used to be the strength of the team.
It wasnt just the last drive. Sure that series was about as bad as they come, but we had to settle for two RZ FG's in the first half as well.

Not running when you have 4 downs and 5 yards to go is inexcusable though.
Turnovers, 3rd down defensive penalties and deep ball gaffes by Whitner and Culliver. And we should have ran Gore or Kaep at least once down around the goal line on that final possession. And yes there was some favoritism on penalties but that 109 yd kickoff return really killed us
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Well thanks pickle, honestly i thought it was the deciding factor too. But if u just heard Irving and Deion,

"On that last play everyone wants to call holding, Crabs slowed up on the play, and he and Kaep knew they wanted the back shoulder fade. Crabs didnt extend his arms like he should have, and the D back stayed with him, and just helped make a play. The refs are right there. And then... after it was over. What did Crabs do.... Absolutely nothing. I mean if he was held, when was the last time, not even in a big game, but any game, that the WR gets held, and doesnt make a stink or say anything. He had no reaction and said nothing, because it was nothing. So harbs needs to let go of that being the only reason."

And like i said, when i watched the play, i saw the dback all over Crabs, but also saw Crabs with his hands all over the dback. thats why i said it was a good no call.

I think that is a big part of why it wasnt called to me the issue on the play was the dback bear hugged crabs and crabs tried to get loose from him by trying to push off, almost the same exact thing that happened on the PI call on Cully. But i still dont understand why Kaep tried to rocket the ball way over crabs and way out of reach. The only penalty im seriously sore over was the Hold on Miller during the 2nd half opening kickoff.

Dont even get me started there. Not to mention obvious hold on dixon on last punt. Would have gave us more time and chance to tie.
another big reason, lack of endzone effort by Moss, I appreciate what he did for our young receivers this year, but If hes no going to even attempt to jump for a ball hes got no place on this team. Ginn made more effort trying to catch the one pass thrown his way by jumping for it then i had seen Moss do all season with the high passes.
i think that Roman and Harbs, wanted the ball in Kaep's hands and not Gore's.

Is it a bad thing, nope, just was. Think about it, perfect ending. Kaep throws the winning TD, Harb's is a mastermind, and Kaep willed this team to a victory.

however, we did have one run, and then 3 passes, to be fair.

On that last play, there was a little holding on the db that was on crabs, and Crabs was interfering too with his hand all over the guys helmet, and faceguard.

So I agreed with the nfl crew, espn crew, and guys calling the game. Both men had their share of a penalty. As a matter of fact, I thought that Crabs was gonna do what Boldin did when he had the receiver right in his pocket. Beat him and catch it.

If u notice before snap, Kaep was only gonna go to crabs. Soon as he snapped the ball. just like in that falcon game when bowman knew it was going to jones i think.

Hell of a game, but the last 4 plays werent the reason we lost.

Damn, Mooch just confirmed what i said (about Crabs and the Db both doing their thing). aint that sumthin.
[ Edited by Jersey9er on Feb 3, 2013 at 9:52 PM ]
All of those reasons above are valid.

But we have the ball 1st and goal with 2:30 left.

SEAL THE DEAL!
It's crazy to think that the game could have been won if only Harbaugh did NOT call the time out at the end.....looked like an end around with Kaep to the left with a nice lead block by Gore.

Originally posted by trogdor:
Defense plain and simple. As the demonstrated the offense would have overcome the LMJ fumble and the INT, and even the return they gave up to start the second half. If the defense could have gotten a stop when they needed it on the drive where the Ravens scored their final field goal it would have been a different game. It's bizarre because the defense used to be the strength of the team.

It just occurred to me that we need to draft a lot of defense like the Saints because now we are set offensively and once we address our depth this offseason, we should be on fire. We have no limitations offensively now. We will get Hunter, Kyle Williams, and Mario healthy next year and once we draft better defensive personnel we are gonna be an unbeatable NFC number one seed next season.

players weren't ready to play. jim harbaugh's little brother complex
Originally posted by MontanaSBGod:
All of those reasons above are valid.

But we have the ball 1st and goal with 2:30 left.

SEAL THE DEAL!

1 read option, not three passes to the right. Baltimore knew exactly where to defend because we did it three times in a row.
Originally posted by TruNinerFan:
we needed to burn some clock so the Ravens wouldn't be able to drive down the field. Why we didnt run the ball makes no sense

i think it was the wrong strategy as well. they were down and needed chances to score. thy should have trusted their defense and tried to score faster and have a second chance in case they couldn't punch it in rather than letting the clock run out.
  • dj43
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Biggest single reason is just too many mistakes, mental & physical. Thought we had it won at the end, but our guys just failed to execute. Not crazy about the playcalls, but that's not the reason we lost. Our secondary was exposed...but it's not all on them. Outside of a couple of plays, we had a very poor pass rush. For the most part, Flacco had all the time he needed to pick our secondary apart. He deserved the MVP. Now he'll be a rich man and he's earned it. Kap did show his inexperience, particularly in the 1st half. But overall, the Ravens took advantage of more key situations than our guys did. We had enough chances to win the game, and just couldn't execute enough of them.

I agree with all you say. I would add that the Ravens OL deserves some credit. They gave provided excellent pass protection all through the playoffs. It wasn't just tonight that opponents were not able to get to Flacco.
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
The betrayal of Alex Smith by Harbaugh.

Karma.
If this is Karma, what was last year?
Share 49ersWebzone