LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 283 users in the forums

Your reasons for why we lost

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by diablo:
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Kapow had the option of changing the play. He failed to execute. It falls on him. The moment was too big for him.

What a choke job...I feel sorry for the kid.

You need to stop with non-sensical posts already.

Been a fan since 92. As a kid i took the winning for granted. This would have been cherished. I was nervous at the end but thought it was gonna happen. The non calls are s**t. I am sorry especially since their previous drive got extended with a PI call on 3rd down. Also, what about the helmet to helmet on Crabtree on third down? wtf

The last two years have ended so painfully. It was easier when we just sucked.
Excuse me bud, but what is wrong with pointing out his choke job? If you're willing to point out other aspects of the game that hurt us, why not Kapow's failures? Why is he getting a pass and all this mothering?
[ Edited by truekingcarlos on Feb 3, 2013 at 9:23 PM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
1. Whitner's 1st have coverage
2. mental mistakes (the 1st play of the game cost us ATLEAST ffield position. then follow that up with brooks offsides on a 3rd down incomplete that gave them a 1st.
3. Whitner's 1st half coverage
4. not playing safeties deep all game. the only way the move the ball consistantly is deep ball
5. Cully getting beat alot all game
6. Whitner's 1st half coverage
7. the last 3 plays were just WTF
8. Whitner's 1st half coverage

The key plays in the game.

If Crabs dont go up for th ball on that kaep scramble. moss catches 4 point swing

brooks dont jump offsides. they kick FG 4 point swing

If kaep throws to VD on the post/corner route insstead of Ted ginn in triple coverage. we get a tDD instead of FG 4 point swing

if jacoby jones kneels it and our D plays the way it did in the 2nd half 7 point swing
  • dj43
The betrayal of Alex Smith by Harbaugh.

Karma.

Not sure if you are serious or not but there were numerous situations in the game where Kaepernick was clearly confused and was not able to adjust the play to something that worked. His inexperience showed. Even the announcers were talking about bringing Smith in to replace CK. However, in the end, this loss falls squarely on the coaching staff. They did not get the players ready to start the game and they let them down at the end with horrible play calling. In between there were mistakes by players but that always happens when you play a good team. The coaches, however, should keep their poise and allow the players to play the way they can best play. That did not happen tonight.
Originally posted by theduke85:
The holding on Dixon had absolutely no bearing on the end of the game. Had they called it, it would've been an automatic safety (which was the result of the play anyway). It would not have altered the time remaining at all -- you still play out of the remainder of a play when there's holding, the results are just nullified. It's not like the clock is reset to the time that the penalty occurred.
Even so they should have called it because its a penalty. Wheres Ed Hochuli when you need him
Originally posted by Hopper:
Even if we scored the Ravens only needed a FG with two minutes left and all of their timeouts left. I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket on the last drive. If not for penalties and turnovers in the first half and we wouldn't have been in that position.

An illegal formation on the very first play is unacceptable. So is lining up offsides when you're lined(Brooks) up right over the nose of the football. We came out flat and sloppy.

Brooks is good for at least one offside penalty a game...
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
terrible defense
no pass rush aldon smith was garbage, complete garbage and his shoulder had nothing to do with him being out of position all night long.
garbage play from safety and corners,, you need to blow it up and start over, that defensive effort and even bowman missed tackles was terrible,
penaltys that extend drives for the other team and stop our drives which of course happened on the first play of the game
we got outcoached by big brother, our head coaches got out coached, roman was terrible at the end. overall red zed zone offense was putrid
special teams was putrid kickoff return, missed tackles, and we let the punter run around for 8 seconds cuz we had no clue what they were going to do
ck made nice throws but the pick was a terrible pass to a wide open moss,, on the pass to ginn in the endzone vernon was wide open, on third down at goal all ck had to do was turn and throw to gore but roman was a dips**t and we did not use james or gore effectivly
the team and coaches should apologize for this crap tonight, do not give me s**t about we made it close and we came on strong, we played a terrible over all game and the things we suck in this year came up big tonight, like no pass rush, pass coverage, special teams and penalties.
but what the f**k, we set two records,,, first pick thrown by a niner quarterback in the super bowl and the first niner team to LOSE A super bowl,
Now some of you kids may be ok with this cuz you never been here but losing a super bowl makes most of us fans who have been here a while sick to our stomachs. ,. the head should just shut the f**k up about officials, you are a sore loser and diminish the game,, in stead you better f**king fix the secondary you better find some guys who can rush the passer, you better find a way to stop with the f**king penalitys, you better get a kicker . you can lose alot of championship games but you can not lose the super bowl if you are a niner. out coached tonight and out played. oh and keep in mind, in 1984 marion was the wonderboy of the nfl just like ck is but he never got back to another super bowl. fix the god damn problems Jh, you know what they are, they been here all year long, you can start by getting rid of akers and roman, all the corner backs and both safetys
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BloodWolf209:
Originally posted by rtj03:
1)Mental mistakes -all of the penalties
2) whitener in the first half
3) culliver all game
4) Aldon smith still disappearing

You know what. I think Aldon's injury is a lot worse then let on. I remember when they showed the replay on one of Pierce's runs, it showed Aldon trying to reach out for him but it seemed like he just couldn't reach out with his left arm. Not sure what shoulder was hurt but that's just something I noticed.

I think we lost because of those turnovers plain and simple.

and dumb dumb mistakes
As has been with the post season, the team put itself in the hole and came up short at the end. This team is too talented to beat themselves. The 49ers should have easily of won this game. Mental mistakes, and not paying attention to detail beat them on this game.
Kapow had the option of changing the play. He failed to execute. It falls on him. The moment was too big for him.

What a choke job...I feel sorry for the kid.

You need to stop with non-sensical posts already.

Been a fan since 92. As a kid i took the winning for granted. This would have been cherished. I was nervous at the end but thought it was gonna happen. The non calls are s**t. I am sorry especially since their previous drive got extended with a PI call on 3rd down. Also, what about the helmet to helmet on Crabtree on third down? wtf

The last two years have ended so painfully. It was easier when we just sucked.
Excuse me bud, but what is wrong with pointing out his choke job? If you're willing to point out other aspects of the game that hurt us, why not Kapow's failures? Why is he getting a pass and all this mothering?

hahaha mothering...stop trying to stir up stuff

He played pretty damn well.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
our secondary has sucked since the 2nd half of the pats game. I swear we better look into revis and CBs in the draft

of course this is the truth

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by sspiker:
Greg Roman. /thread

Post of the day
i knew he could not call three good games in a row, get this mother f**ker out of here
The play calling got dow inside the 10 yard line with over 2 minutes left.

Blame the execution and the decision making of Kaepernick.
This game falls squarely on the secondary, and whoever called that s**t pile of plays in the RZ at the end. Worst series of calls offenseively at the end of the game i can remember. When you have 4 downs to score and dont play to your strengths there is no excuse.

Front 7 got it done on D, and the offense did what was necissary to have a shot to win. Akers even made all three FG's (even though he missed the first shot on the one before the penalty).
  • fip24
  • Veteran
LaMichael James fumble killed.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
1)LaMichael's fumble
2)Jacoby Jones burned us for two Td's
3) Brooks lining up offsides which would've held them to a FG
4)Culliver was awful
Share 49ersWebzone