There are 143 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Analysts' Reasons For Picking Ravens

Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
there will be a lot of disappointed media experts on monday

also i really hate those who say that the Harbough bros are overrated and this is a stupid SB

Eh, haters gonna hate.

Jim has been an NFL head coach for two seasons and has two NFC title games and a Super Bowl appearance to date.

John has been an NFL head coach for five seasons nad has been in the playoffs all five years, with at least one win in each year, a Super Bowl and three AFC title game appearances.

Yeah, those Harbaugh's are waaaaaayyyyy over-rated.
[ Edited by 49er-from-Yavin-IV on Feb 2, 2013 at 2:05 PM ]
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
there will be a lot of disappointed media experts on monday

also i really hate those who say that the Harbough bros are overrated and this is a stupid SB

Eh, haters gonna hate.

Jim has been an NFL head coach for two seasons and has two NFC title games and a Super Bowl appearance to date.

Jon has been an NFL head coach for five seasons nad has been in the playoffs all five years, with at least one win in each year, a Super Bowl and three AFC title game appearances.

Yeah, those Harbaugh's are waaaaaayyyyy over-rated.

exactly
the only thing they should have done to avoid the Harbowl is to beat either Jim or John
We cant help that there is noone better
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
there will be a lot of disappointed media experts on monday

also i really hate those who say that the Harbough bros are overrated and this is a stupid SB

Eh, haters gonna hate.

Jim has been an NFL head coach for two seasons and has two NFC title games and a Super Bowl appearance to date.

Jon has been an NFL head coach for five seasons nad has been in the playoffs all five years, with at least one win in each year, a Super Bowl and three AFC title game appearances.

Yeah, those Harbaugh's are waaaaaayyyyy over-rated.

No matter what two teams are in the SB, there will be people saying that it will be a boring SB that no one will watch.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,198
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Ravens can win this game because they really are a good team but it annoys me when they pick the Ravens because they are the "hot team." The previous years we have seen lower seeded teams make a run in the playoffs and win the whole thing. Why aren't the Niners considered the hot team? We finished out the season securing 2 of our last 3 with a very hard road schedule. Most people predicted we would lose to Green Bay even though we were the 2 seed. They said Kaep would get rattled because the playoffs are different than the regular season. Since Kaep became starter I think we avg a league high 28 points per game and we have beat some very good teams... (Chicago, Saints, Pats, Green Bay, Atlanta, etc...). Again I just don't understand why the Niners aren't considered the hot team going into the Superbowl?

Because God wants Ray Lewis to win The Super Bowl
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Ravens can win this game because they really are a good team but it annoys me when they pick the Ravens because they are the "hot team." The previous years we have seen lower seeded teams make a run in the playoffs and win the whole thing. Why aren't the Niners considered the hot team? We finished out the season securing 2 of our last 3 with a very hard road schedule. Most people predicted we would lose to Green Bay even though we were the 2 seed. They said Kaep would get rattled because the playoffs are different than the regular season. Since Kaep became starter I think we avg a league high 28 points per game and we have beat some very good teams... (Chicago, Saints, Pats, Green Bay, Atlanta, etc...). Again I just don't understand why the Niners aren't considered the hot team going into the Superbowl?

Because God wants Ray Lewis to win The Super Bowl

49ers are heathens
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
Tony Dungy ‏@TonyDungy MVP for the Ravens may end up being practice-squad QB Dennis Dixon. He has same skill set as Kaepernick and has simulated him for their D.

wow

If Dennis Dixon is so great why has he bounced around the league since he left college and why is he on a practice squad? Blah blah blah
Team of "destiny" bit is overblown and mainly a media creation.

If you look at the past team of "destinies" they were actually the better matchup against most of the teams they played against in the playoffs.

Giants last postseason face 3 pass heavy offenses with average at best defenses which is a matchup that completely favors them and their pass rush. The only team they struggled against was us because we weren't a great matchup for them.

Packers the year before was the same and they were the better team in all their matchups despite their not so great regular season record.

The 9ers should win because looking at it from a matchup and talent standpoint they win in those departments which is why "analysts" are having a tough time thinking of reasons other then Lewis is going to will them to win, Flacco has more experience over CK, and other weak reasoning.

But it's the NFL playoffs and every team is good enough to beat the other team so there are actually quite a few reasonable ways the Ravens win. If the Ravens O line continues to be hot and stonewalls our pass rush the Ravens could put some points on the board. If the Ravens defensive line is able to beat our offensive line it could be a really long day for our offense. We've laid some serious eggs this year to go along with our wins so you never know what's going to happen.
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
Tony Dungy ‏@TonyDungy MVP for the Ravens may end up being practice-squad QB Dennis Dixon. He has same skill set as Kaepernick and has simulated him for their D.

wow

If Dennis Dixon is so great why has he bounced around the league since he left college and why is he on a practice squad? Blah blah blah

This is the same Tony Dungy that predicted the Vikings were going to beat the Packers because their starting QB got injured and they were fortunate to have a backup QB in Webb that was apparently better than their starter. Dude needs to get off the jock of every QB that shows the slightest level of athleticism. Dixon is no Kaep, never will be.

Not too mention that it's a severe disadvantage that a team has to spend so much time and energy gameplanning for a play that may happen 4 or 5 times in the game. Lulz.
[ Edited by AmpLee on Feb 2, 2013 at 1:34 PM ]
Really the main reason why the analysts are picking the Ravens is due to Justin Smith's injury. Say what you want but without a healthy Justin Smith, our defense does NOT get pressure on the QB. Our defense in the playoffs is not the same as it was in the regular season. Advantage Ravens.

If (and it's a HUGE if) we can somehow get in Flacco's face we regain the advantage. If Flacco can sit back all day and pick apart our defense it might be a long day. Gotta admit that Pitta and Bolden over the middle scare the heck out of me.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
Tony Dungy ‏@TonyDungy MVP for the Ravens may end up being practice-squad QB Dennis Dixon. He has same skill set as Kaepernick and has simulated him for their D.

wow

If Dennis Dixon is so great why has he bounced around the league since he left college and why is he on a practice squad? Blah blah blah

This is the same Tony Dungy that predicted the Vikings were going to beat the Packers because their starting QB got injured and they were fortunate to have a backup QB in Webb that was apparently better than their starter. Dude needs to get off the jock of every QB that shows the slightest level of athleticism. Dixon is no Kaep, never will be.

Not too mention that it's a severe disadvantage that a team has to spend so much time and energy gameplanning for a play that may happen 4 or 5 times in the game. Lulz.

Dungy after that game also said that the Packers playing Webb was going to help them the following week against Kaepernick. LOL. Then look what happened.
So all I got out of that was. Ray Lewis, destiny, ray Lewis, team of destiny, blah blah blah.... Charlie brown teacher voice...

As im writing this and watching college basketball they just asked a cohost who would win and he said Ravens cuz it's Ray Rays last game!
Originally posted by pete98146:
Really the main reason why the analysts are picking the Ravens is due to Justin Smith's injury. Say what you want but without a healthy Justin Smith, our defense does NOT get pressure on the QB. Our defense in the playoffs is not the same as it was in the regular season. Advantage Ravens.

If (and it's a HUGE if) we can somehow get in Flacco's face we regain the advantage. If Flacco can sit back all day and pick apart our defense it might be a long day. Gotta admit that Pitta and Bolden over the middle scare the heck out of me.

We got good pressure on Ryan last week. In the beginning of the game he had a few nice pockets, but as the game wore on he was getting hit quite a bit. The sacks didn't materialize, but they also didn't score any points in the second half. Justin, is no question the engine of our defense, but he was doing work last game. He'll be even better tomorrow.
One thing I have noticed is that no one really has the Ravens winning by more the spread, whereas a few have the Niners running away with it. I think some of the heads are picking the Ravens but not with a lot of confidence.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
Tony Dungy ‏@TonyDungy MVP for the Ravens may end up being practice-squad QB Dennis Dixon. He has same skill set as Kaepernick and has simulated him for their D.

wow

If Dennis Dixon is so great why has he bounced around the league since he left college and why is he on a practice squad? Blah blah blah

This is the same Tony Dungy that predicted the Vikings were going to beat the Packers because their starting QB got injured and they were fortunate to have a backup QB in Webb that was apparently better than their starter. Dude needs to get off the jock of every QB that shows the slightest level of athleticism. Dixon is no Kaep, never will be.

Not too mention that it's a severe disadvantage that a team has to spend so much time and energy gameplanning for a play that may happen 4 or 5 times in the game. Lulz.

Dungy after that game also said that the Packers playing Webb was going to help them the following week against Kaepernick. LOL. Then look what happened.

Yup. You'd think he had learned by now. Webb prepared the Packers so well that they gave up the most rushing yards IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL to a QB the following week.
[ Edited by AmpLee on Feb 2, 2013 at 1:39 PM ]
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Dungy after that game also said that the Packers playing Webb was going to help them the following week against Kaepernick. LOL. Then look what happened.

I respect Dungy as a person but as an analyst he's just a windbag. Trent Dilfer is more credible.