LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 332 users in the forums

Great Coaches dont have to say a word

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This is my observation over the last few days , there appears to be a "calm" that has come over the 49er players and coaching staff .

I see it in how "loose" Jim Harbaugh is in his press conference , both yesterday and today at media day. The players are also very relaxed and focused which leads me to the conclusion that they feel prepared and confident .

In the two previous playoff games I have had great anxiety that the Niners would slip up and fall short of their goal. I now feel like the Niners have a destiny , I believe they are the better team and I think they now believe they are the better team compared to the Ravens.This isn't a team coming off a short week , hoping they are good enough with a QB who prefers to take a sack or a check down when the rush is heavy. It isn't an O-line with a revolving door at Guard ( Chilo Rachel ) long story short it isn't 2011.

Once the Niners came back from 17-0 down in Atlanta I think they began to believe that this is their time , their moment .

This reminds me of two past 49er Super Bowl moments , the first , Bill Walsh dressing as a bell man and greeting the team bus in 1981 in Detroit . Walsh knew he had to keep his team light and carefree with so many young players , the players took their coaches que and went on to make history with one of the great goal line stands in football history.

The second involves Bill Walsh again , this time it was 1984 against Miami. All the talk was how the Niners couldn't stop the Dolphins offense, Walsh lay on the floor of the locker room looking up at the ceiling minutes before the players were about to walk out on the field. Walsh began to talk out loud to no one particular ( in a mocking tone ) saying " how are we going to stop Marino ? " , " those receivers are too fast " , " we can't score enough points , oh well .... " with that he stood up and walked the players out of the locker room, the players knew that they were ready !

Harbaugh is leading by example and the players KNOW they are ready .

Can you feel it ?

I CAN

SIX !
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I hope you are correct sir.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Now whyd you have to go and do that?
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

easily the anti-Harbaugh when it comes to false bravado (those stupid suits, the NFC West hoopla) and revealing WAYY too much to the media. seeing that just makes me so much more grateful for the current staff! I think even on KNBR yesterday, Tolbert and Ray Ratto were talking about how all the great superbowl-winning coaches never enjoyed talking to the media.
I was jumping out of my skin with each of the last two playoff games. With this Super Bowl it's just TCOB.
Originally posted by Paulhofer:
This is my observation over the last few days , there appears to be a "calm" that has come over the 49er players and coaching staff .

I see it in how "loose" Jim Harbaugh is in his press conference , both yesterday and today at media day. The players are also very relaxed and focused which leads me to the conclusion that they feel prepared and confident .

In the two previous playoff games I have had great anxiety that the Niners would slip up and fall short of their goal. I now feel like the Niners have a destiny , I believe they are the better team and I think they now believe they are the better team compared to the Ravens.This isn't a team coming off a short week , hoping they are good enough with a QB who prefers to take a sack or a check down when the rush is heavy. It isn't an O-line with a revolving door at Guard ( Chilo Rachel ) long story short it isn't 2011.

Once the Niners came back from 17-0 down in Atlanta I think they began to believe that this is their time , their moment .

This reminds me of two past 49er Super Bowl moments , the first , Bill Walsh dressing as a bell man and greeting the team bus in 1981 in Detroit . Walsh knew he had to keep his team light and carefree with so many young players , the players took their coaches que and went on to make history with one of the great goal line stands in football history.

The second involves Bill Walsh again , this time it was 1984 against Miami. All the talk was how the Niners couldn't stop the Dolphins offense, Walsh lay on the floor of the locker room looking up at the ceiling minutes before the players were about to walk out on the field. Walsh began to talk out loud to no one particular ( in a mocking tone ) saying " how are we going to stop Marino ? " , " those receivers are too fast " , " we can't score enough points , oh well .... " with that he stood up and walked the players out of the locker room, the players knew that they were ready !

Harbaugh is leading by example and the players KNOW they are ready .

Can you feel it ?

I CAN

SIX !

Great post!
Share 49ersWebzone