There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who has the bigger task on sunday Roman or Fangio?

Though play calling on both sides will be vital in this game, do you feel one has more importance than the other? I personally feel Roman has the taller order due to how the raven's defense has been a different team as of the playoffs. I am interested to see what Roman dials up to catch the raven's defense not only off guard but keep them on the field longer than their offense. Any thoughts on this?
Fangio. If we contain the Ravens offense, we win.

Kap and the offense has become so dynamic that were going to score our fair share of pts. Just the threat of the pistol alone gives us an automatic leg up. The D has to decide in a split second if its a run by the RB, a run by the QB, or a pass. When 3 possible dangerous outcomes exist at any time, youre going to be tough to stop.

The D containing the Ravens running game, and the deep ball, is going to be the major factor.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Kap and the offense has become so dynamic that were going to score our fair share of pts. Just the threat of the pistol alone gives us an automatic leg up. The D has to decide in a split second if its a run by the RB, a run by the QB, or a pass. When 3 possible dangerous outcomes exist at any time, youre going to be tough to stop.

The D containing the Ravens running game, and the deep ball, is going to be the major factor.
great points, I'm still trying to shake the flashbacks from the first half of the falcons game. These two weeks I truly hope Fangio took a long hard look at what the ravens present on offense and have our guys ready to attack and react
Originally posted by mryan1004:

great points, I'm still trying to shake the flashbacks from the first half of the falcons game. These two weeks I truly hope Fangio took a long hard look at what the ravens present on offense and have our guys ready to attack and react

Whole different animal in ATL. Loud dome, east coast game, and Matt Ryan is probably a top 5 QB as far as pure ability. The Falcons also have FAR better pass catchers. Ryan to Julio Jones, Roddy White, and Tony Gonzalez is about as scary at it gets for defenses. Especially on the road.

Flacco to Boldin, Smith, and Jones is still formidable, but as long as we contain the deep ball with safety help, and snuff out the running game, they will be manageable.

When it comes down to it, were better. We lose this game if we fail to execute. Kap said it, SF is prepared and focused. As long as we make our blocks and perform, were going to beat them. Were better, were younger, were faster, and we certainly arent any less physical.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Jan 29, 2013 at 5:27 AM ]
Whole different animal in ATL. Loud dome, east coast game, and Matt Ryan is probably a top 5 QB as far as pure ability. The Falcons also have FAR better pass catchers. Ryan to Julio Jones, Roddy White, and Tony Gonzalez is about as scary at it gets for defenses. Especially on the road.

Flacco to Boldin, Smith, and Jones is still formidable, but as long as we contain the deep ball with safety help, and snuff out the running game, they will be manageable.

When it comes down to it, were better. We lose this game if we fail to execute. Kap said it, SF is prepared and focused. As long as we make our blocks and perform, were going to beat them. Were better, were younger, were faster, and we certainly arent any less physical.
I can't wait for this game. I'm tired of the Ray Lewis non-sense, and the talk of these vets on their defense having one last monster game left in them. I certainly wouldn't take them lightly, as they've showed what they can do with the odds stacked against them. A bit overhyped, I think so, but I think the most effective strategy against them is to keep them on the field, force Lewis to try to run with Walker or Davis and just wear that defense down. I'm excited to see what Roman strings together

I totally agree.
Though perhaps Atlanta was potentially a tougher obstacle to overcome than the Ravens might pose, the grain of salt in that whole postulation is Baltimore is better coached than the Falcons...it was readily apparent Atlanta's coaching staff didn't make the necessary adjustments (if any, especially on D lol) once the Niners made a game if it. Don't count on the Ravens staff to snooze at the helm should they fall behind, or get ahead but let the Niners back in it...they are after all, led by a Harbaugh.
I think they are a tougher match up than the Falcons b/c they are more balanced offense. Their run game with Rice and Peirce is something the niners haven't seen all playoffs. Not to mention they have a nice screen game and use Rice a lot out of the backfield. And their o line has been balling. Niners defense can't come out slow again. If you give Flacco time off that play action Torrey Smith will toast the secondary. Gotta get some hits on Flacco and make him have to move
Fangio. He needs to grow a pair and blitz. We win this game if Flacco gets pressured.
The ravens held the colts to 9, the broncos to 21 if you take away the pr and kr td's, and the patriots to 13.....Roman needs to be on his A-game without a doubt as do the players
[ Edited by mryan1004 on Jan 29, 2013 at 8:29 AM ]
BOTH!!!
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Fangio. He needs to grow a pair and blitz. We win this game if Flacco gets pressured.
Pressure equals victory. Flacco's worst games are when the pressure is on him, he needs to be uneasy back there as he definitely hasn't seen the ground enough in the post season

Agree completely
While the Patriots didn't score in the 2nd half versus New England I think that was more of a product of shooting themselves in the foot. We're going to be able to score. Like I said last night, its going to come down to pressuring Flacco.
I'd say Roman has the bigger chore. Fangio needs to get pressure on Flacco, which is the easier chore. Flacco is a statue and those deep passes that everyone is touting take a longer time to develop than the quick passes we saw from the Falcons. However, the Ravens have had two weeks to figure out how to defense the Pistol and Kap. I think they will rotate responsibilities between a DB, LB and DE as to who covers it. Roman and Kap will have to make the right reads/calls to figure out who is spying the QB.