• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by TlSSER:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
still needs the quentin caps font...

now that is gorgeous

murph and mac on knbr are saying the same thing

hey ya'll...let's start a petition on twitter to jed york to bring back queintin font!

let it go leave it in the past this a new era of niner football

now that is gorgeous

hey ya'll...let's start a petition on twitter to jed york to bring back queintin font!

i've been dying for someone to tweet him about it...maybe tweet murph and mac too and get them on board
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

This. As much as I like the old font style as well, this new one kind of represents a new era for the team.
With all the player comments these past few weeks, I think they too are focused on establishing a new identity.
Originally posted by SaksV:

This. As much as I like the old font style as well, this new one kind of represents a new era for the team.
With all the player comments these past few weeks, I think they too are focused on establishing a new identity.

so by that token, then the cowboys, raiders, packers, steelers all need to change their unis etc..

now that is gorgeous

Yeah this.

I miss it too. Badly. Harbaugh respects the club's legacy, but he knows enough that it means something to his players to start their own legacy, and not live in the shadow of the past. That's what motivates these guys every day when they get up. Knowing that what they are doing, is the start of a new era that no one has ever seen before, and has no connection to days of yore.

It's not disrespect, it's desire. Desire to separate themselves and make a name for this group of men. It's a good thing for us all. So let them do what they must.
so by that token, then the cowboys, raiders, packers, steelers all need to change their unis etc..

Who gives a **** about those teams? Don't put words in other people's mouths. I can see the merit in the old and the new fonts, but as long as the 49ers win this Super Bowl it doesn't really matter.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Yeah this.

I miss it too. Badly. Harbaugh respects the club's legacy, but he knows enough that it means something to his players to start their own legacy, and not live in the shadow of the past. That's what motivates these guys every day when they get up. Knowing that what they are doing, is the start of a new era that no one has ever seen before, and has no connection to days of yore.

It's not disrespect, it's desire. Desire to separate themselves and make a name for this group of men. It's a good thing for us all. So let them do what they must.
I am pretty sure that the players think of this stuff about .0000001% of their day. Their main concern is winning, then getting the big bonus that comes with winning, then hooking up with chicks after, then trying to get to the hall of fame so their ego can be fed until they die.

Don't get me wrong, I bleed red & gold and have for my entire life, but I think we as fans romanticize this stuff a little too much. If you asked Frank Gore what QUENTIN CAPS was I am sure he would have no clue.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:

Who gives a **** about those teams? Don't put words in other people's mouths. I can see the merit in the old and the new fonts, but as long as the 49ers win this Super Bowl it doesn't really matter.

My point is those who want the old font back don't care about bringing back the "old era". We just think it's beautiful, what's wrong with that? If the 49ers were so dead set on establishing a ''new era" then they wouldn't have brought back basically the old unis.
My point is those who want the old font back don't care about bringing back the "old era". We just think it's beautiful, what's wrong with that? If the 49ers were so dead set on establishing a ''new era" then they wouldn't have brought back basically the old unis.

^ That.

even the current unis has its shortcomings & I wish they'd just gone full-blown retro: old logo, striped socks, thick pant stripes etc
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I prefer the new logo/font over the old

Not hating on the old, just my personal preference...regardless in the end...still all about the 49ers!

No matter what font it's in, we can all agree that that is a beautiful thing boys!
Originally posted by Marvin49:

they should have painted the 49ers redzone this style instead:

Text yes, helmet, man that is way old style, I have lots of things with that helmet on it. The newish logo is nice with the interior gold oval. I would that logo on both ends the old time script in the middle. Best of both worlds!
Originally posted by jrg:

Not hating on the old, just my personal preference...regardless in the end...still all about the 49ers!

Same. The old fonts a little to "busy" for me. I like the sleek look of the new font.
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by jrg:

Same. The old fonts a little to "busy" for me. I like the sleek look of the new font.

Originally posted by Marvin49:

they need to make the 49er font gold instead of white
Share 49ersWebzone