LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 197 users in the forums

John: "You must compete." Jim: "You must win."

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2013/01/25/three-harbaughs-a-hoosier-and-steve-sabol-walked-into-a-bar/

At the 5:07 mark Jim and John demonstrate a real difference between themselves. Watch for the next minute from that point. When Jim hears that winning wasn't the point he gets a very confused look on his face.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Great video
Seems like John was trying to save some face real quick when Jim said that, trying to get away from the character flaw part of "must win at all costs", and Jim just naturally reacted with "What? Always competiting? No.. what are you talking about. I always want to WIN."

The Harbaugh bloodline is so much more impressive than the Ryans.
John can "compete" all he wants. Jim is gonna win.
Originally posted by SFTifoso:

Originally posted by goldstandard333:

• Silky
  • Veteran
I feel like Jim can out-smart any of the other 30 HC's in the league, except his brother. I do not think this SB will be a blowout. If there is one coach who can counter-act Jim, it is John. The same thing goes for John too. The players will determine who wins. I guarantee you Jim will know every play that John is about to run and vice-verse
I really hope Jim Harbaugh has some tricks up his sleeve for this one. A close game is going to be hard to watch.

We have some factors in our favor, so hopefully he has the team focused and prepared, which is likely that he does.
that video is awesome. jim is a badass lol. "we had to stop the fight because of you" lol
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:

c-c-combo breaker

let's do this!!!

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:

c-c-combo breaker

let's do this!!!

Killer Instinct at its finest. Both Jim Harbaugh and your videogame reference

Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
I feel like Jim can out-smart any of the other 30 HC's in the league, except his brother. I do not think this SB will be a blowout. If there is one coach who can counter-act Jim, it is John. The same thing goes for John too. The players will determine who wins. I guarantee you Jim will know every play that John is about to run and vice-verse

One things for sure they won't be getting any advise from dad on this one.
Originally posted by Niners99:
I really hope Jim Harbaugh has some tricks up his sleeve for this one. A close game is going to be hard to watch.

We have some factors in our favor, so hopefully he has the team focused and prepared, which is likely that he does.

I feel like both Roman and Fangio have a few tricks up their sleeve. Just like we unleashed the read-option in the playoffs, I feel like we'll have a few plays installed specifically for this game. We haven't used a reverse or an end around for quite a while now. I can see us doing one of those with Ginn or LMJ. On defense, I know we'll have a few new looks as well.
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:

I'd love to be a fly on the wall for the game planning sessions. Stuff would be epic!
Originally posted by Leathaface:
I feel like both Roman and Fangio have a few tricks up their sleeve. Just like we unleashed the read-option in the playoffs, I feel like we'll have a few plays installed specifically for this game. We haven't used a reverse or an end around for quite a while now. I can see us doing one of those with Ginn or LMJ. On defense, I know we'll have a few new looks as well.

Don't forget the fake punt from New England!
Share 49ersWebzone