There are 151 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Freddie P Soft... SuperBowl Press Effect???

Do you remember "Freddie P Soft?" Who do you think will allow the attention of the SB get to their heads now, and/or after the game is played. I DO NOT want to deal with Diva's on this team ever again...

My Biggest people I worry about are Culliver, and Dixon..... Im also very interested to see how Crabtree handles the press conferences next week in light of his recent legal issues... What do you Fella's think?
When the team comes out soft, they tend to come out soft as a whole
I think the coaching staff and the veteran presence in the locker room will help keep the 49ers' feet on the ground and limit the effect of the Super Bowl atmosphere on the team. The magnitude of this game is far more important than the last game, and if they don't win this one, then the season was a failure. They should all realize that these opportunities do not come around every year and they have to get this one because next year is never guaranteed. Not only is this their chance to get their first ring, but they have a franchise tradition of winning Super Bowls to uphold and a legacy to expand upon.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
I think the coaching staff and the veteran presence in the locker room will help keep the 49ers' feet on the ground and limit the effect of the Super Bowl atmosphere on the team. The magnitude of this game is far more important than the last game, and if they don't win this one, then the season was a failure. They should all realize that these opportunities do not come around every year and they have to get this one because next year is never guaranteed. Not only is this their chance to get their first ring, but they have a franchise tradition of winning Super Bowls to uphold and a legacy to expand upon.

Nice post.
Originally posted by tohara3:

Nice post.
Both teams lost the Championship game last year so I think both will realize that these "windows" open and close quickly. I think both teams will have razor sharp focus and it will be a great game, which we will win
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Both teams lost the Championship game last year so I think both will realize that these "windows" open and close quickly. I think both teams will have razor sharp focus and it will be a great game, which we will win

This.

Also, we have many players that suffered through years of losing to get to this moment. I think our players are appreciative of how far they have come and will not allow this moment to slip away. Legacies are built through this game. Case in point, if Adam Vinateri doesn't make that kick in Super Bowl XXXVI and somehow the Rams beat the Patriots, they would be comparing Tom Brady to Roger Staubach instead of Joe Montana.

Nice post.

I think the effect of last year's loss in the NFCC can't be understated. Aside from a couple players on offense we have exactly the same team.
I hope it doesn't happen but our team sure seems to be into the media more this week...Hopefully they can stay focused more than ever.

Nice post.

Should make for a high-level type of game. Every inch will be earned.
  • ace52
  • Veteran
NFLN mentioned that the Ravens are preparing for a physical game next week, and are practicing in full pads.
We can't allow Freddie P Soft to creep onto our practice field. We have to maintain our edge, and be ready for a football fight.

Nice post.

I think the players won the game, coaches were one step behind. Imo
Coach Jimmy has set the tone; this is not a vacation. It is work, a business trip. Before, during and after the Super Bowl, the hers who respect the coaches will continue to operate in that fashion.

If not, each understands and knows that there is more than a possibility that any player can be replaced. In other words, no one player is irreplaceable.

P.S. There is always an exception to the rule and the above stated rule is not exception to having an exception.

The exception might be a QB who passe pinch a pinpoint, feet that fly on football fields, and a mind made to mold the play to the moment.
forgot about him, hopefully he did not board the plane.
And I called it!!! SMH Im telling you I should be a psychic ..............http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8898839/2013-super-bowl-chris-culliver-anti-gay-remarks-rejected-san-francisco-49ers