There are 159 users in the forums

The Ravens Wr's..

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Num1player16:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Id kind of rather see the offense first. Get Kaepernick on the field asap to eliminate the nerves, and have a chance to start tiring out the D right away. As much as we have been able come back lately, id like to try and get on the board first. The last thing we need is a Torrey Smith deep ball TD to start it off.

I just dont want a situation where Kap is pacing the sidelines for half of the 1st quarter while the D gets tired. Our offense is the hotter unit right now. Lets try and go get an early lead.

I disagree, getting the ball after halftime is a huge plus especially if we can somehow end the second quarter with some points. Our D usually forces a punt on the first possession of the game anyways, Kaep and the O will be out there around the 11 minute mark.

Our D hasnt been very good in the 1st half of games lately. I dont want to start the game out being down. And like I said, as "cool" as Kap appears, hes still going to be subject to SB pressure. Get him on the field early, let him take that first hit, and all the butterflies will disapear. If he can get a good drive going, or even just get rid of the initial nerves, he will be set for the game.

IMO you want to eliminate those nerves as early as possible so he can get into a flow. We almost lost that ATL game because of a 1st half where our D was on the field too much, and Kap was on the sidelines. The Ravens D isnt going to blow a good sized lead in the 2nd half like Atlanta, so we want to get out to a good start. Put the pressure on the Ravens to keep up with us.

I just think this SB is a special circumstance, and taking the ball first is a good idea. Theres a pretty good chance that happens too, since the Ravens will likely defer if they win the toss.
Id kind of rather see the offense first. Get Kaepernick on the field asap to eliminate the nerves, and have a chance to start tiring out the D right away. As much as we have been able come back lately, id like to try and get on the board first. The last thing we need is a Torrey Smith deep ball TD to start it off.

I just dont want a situation where Kap is pacing the sidelines for half of the 1st quarter while the D gets tired. Our offense is the hotter unit right now. Lets try and go get an early lead.

I disagree, getting the ball after halftime is a huge plus especially if we can somehow end the second quarter with some points. Our D usually forces a punt on the first possession of the game anyways, Kaep and the O will be out there around the 11 minute mark.

Our D hasnt been very good in the 1st half of games lately. I dont want to start the game out being down. And like I said, as "cool" as Kap appears, hes still going to be subject to SB pressure. Get him on the field early, let him take that first hit, and all the butterflies will disapear. If he can get a good drive going, or even just get rid of the initial nerves, he will be set for the game.

IMO you want to eliminate those nerves as early as possible so he can get into a flow. We almost lost that ATL game because of a 1st half where our D was on the field too much, and Kap was on the sidelines. The Ravens D isnt going to blow a good sized lead in the 2nd half like Atlanta, so we want to get out to a good start. Put the pressure on the Ravens to keep up with us.

I just think this SB is a special circumstance, and taking the ball first is a good idea. Theres a pretty good chance that happens too, since the Ravens will likely defer if they win the toss.

Agreed. Normally if we win the toss, I always want us to kick off so we can get the ball first in the 2nd half, but in this situation, if we do win the toss, I hope we choose to receive it/or if the Ravens win they kick it off. Like you I just feel scoring first, even if it's just a FG, will set the tone and make an already cool and poised Kap, that much more confident. Hope we never trail or have to comeback in this game. Think my heart will give out if that happens...lol.
Our safety's need to make Boldin or Rice go night night, that would take some of the sizzle out of the Ravens offensive game plan. Similar to what happend to the Saints RB in the playoffs last year...
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Getting the ball to start the second half is less of an issue in the Superbowl. In an away game, you want it because the crowd is never as loud as they are at the beginning of a game, but at a Superbowl, crowd noise isn't that big a deal.

On Ravens receivers, when I look at them, I just don't see the same kinds of threats we've seen the last two games with the Packers and especially the Falcons. Is there anybody on the Ravens who even comes close to as scary as Julio Jones? And, Roddy White would be their #1 receiver.

You always should get the ball at the half no matter what, you can add to a lead or catch up if your behind....we did this all last/this year at home if we won the toss.

I think our CBs can stay on their own side no matter who is lining up in front of them. We night need an extra corner (Cox) if we can't pressure Flacco
  • titan
  • Veteran
They have a good mix of WR. Smith will be used like Julio Jones over the top passes. They will throw over our strength(LB's). Bold in will play more of the Tony Gonzalez role as in catching the critical 3rd downs. What we need to worry about is Flaco is aggressive he'll throw the deep pass on 3rd downs and catch you off guard.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
scare me as much as White / Jones. DB's better be on point.
Originally posted by CripplinYaStyle:
Logically, Chris Culliver should/will cover Torrey Smith, obviously since Torrey has some wheels and is their most dependable deep threat (I like Culliver in this match-up deep, I also feel Cully will impressively contest Torrey's slants to).

Carlos Rogers will match up against Jacoby Jones, which is VASTLY over rated as a WR but a pretty alarming returner on special teams. (I like Los in this Match up, I don't see Jones getting targeted more then 3 times anyway) Los should have a easy day, Harry Douglas>Jacoby Jones

The question that remains here is, who would you be more comfortable covering Anquin Boldin?

Tarrel Brown? since he matches up the big tall, strong aggressive WR's most of the times (ex. Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, etc etc) and does a OK job minus last weeks scolding by Julio, OR Perrish Cox, which arguably is our strongest CB and best jammer at the line of scrimmage and can possibly mix it up with Boldin in a physical form toe to toe?

Or should we just put P.Cox on Pitta? I feel this week Cox will be used more then any other game in the season, I feel our coaches or going to throw a curve ball on Defense with P.Cox

Discuss....

Julio Jones sure looked a lot like Michael Irvin last weekend. Sure has the pushing off down early in his career.
IMO Carlos Rogers will be on Boldin. Hes our tallest CB, and Boldin is the slowest WR in the NFL. Rogers can keep up with him.

Brown will be on Smith, and Culliver on Jones, but theyll both get over the top help with Goldson and Whitner and the cover 2 shell.

Bowman will handle Pitta.

Maybe use Willis in more pass rushing situations?

Good post/plans, I totally agree.
Share 49ersWebzone