There are 164 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49er LB core=Dome Patrol? Prove it!

Many analysts and fans have compared our LB core to arguably the greatest LB core of all time, the vaunted New Orleans Saints Dome Patrol. IMHO Ricky Jackson, Pat Swilling, Vaughn Johnson and Sam Mills were never to be compared to. Their mixture of pass rushing, run stuffing and tackling were incomparable. I remember when I was younger, the Chronicle's Sporting Green would dedicate pages of coverage of that one unit alone for a week before we played them.

It's time for our unit to do something that the Dome Patrol has never done and that is to win a Super Bowl. There is no doubt that Willis and Bowman are better than Mills and Johnson as ILBs. At OLB, they are equal at stopping the run, but Jackson and Swilling are better than Smith and Brooks in pass rushing. Jackson and Swilling destroyed OTs by themselves on 3rd down. Swilling with speed and Jackson with power.

Well here we are in the SuperDome and it's time they put the nation on notice and wreak havoc. Prove it this Sunday, and you'll forever be on the pages of Wikipedia

55, 52, 53, 99, Do work sons!!!!!!!!
IMO, this is the greatest linebacking core OF ALL TIME.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
IMO, this is the greatest linebacking core OF ALL TIME.

They need to play together for awhile, but they have a chance.

Willis and Bowman are better than Mills and Johnson and Aldon is up there with Swilling....

....but as much as I like Brooks, he's not Rickey Jackson. He's a different kind of player.
Aldon is already better than swilling but brooks is the weak link even though he is a very good player. As a whole, the niners lb core IMO is better and we will see this in the next few years as well
There is no comparision to what the 9ers bring to the table; it can not choke at the Super Bowel. We are raging war and we will not be defeated!!