LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 403 users in the forums

San Francisco 49ers at Kansas City Chiefs - September 11, 1994

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Yeah, I don't know about all that. Joe Montana is my favorite football player of all time, but I certainly didn't root against the 49ers that day. Now when we lost, it didn't sting as bad. But no way would I ever root against the San Francisco 49ers.

I share the same sentiments.

Originally posted by thl408:
You root for the logo on the helmet, not the name on the back.

Always heard the name on the front of the Jersey was the only one that mattered.
Joe Shmo

You guyz are not true fans!

I have NEVER rooted against my 9ers and NEVER will (well, at least until we play against Alex).
rooting against the 49ers? GTFO
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Joe Shmo

You guyz are not true fans!

I have NEVER rooted against my 9ers and NEVER will (well, at least until we play against Alex).
i was wrong about dixon, i just wanted you to know
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Yeah, um, I was rooting for the Niners.
gay
Well, most of you were still learning how to count at the time

So I understand

Interestingly enough this team may face a similar situation in the near future
Loss led directly to signing Deion the following week....f**king Eddie D
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

I've always thought he took the vets min on paper and was slipped a few million in a brief case...love Eddie D

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Why didnt the Niners have Deion return punts or kicks? His year in SF was the only season in his career he wasnt a returner.

He had such a great season for us...He had 3 pick 6's and 303 int. return yards in 14 games. In his entire 5 years with Dallas, he only had 2 pick 6's and 293 int. return yds.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Jan 24, 2013 at 3:06 AM ]
Rooting against the 49ers never even crossed my mind. I wanted Young to crush Montana. I was a kid at the time and didn't see Montana play much, but I would never root against the 49ers because of a former player(s). No disrespect to Joe, he's the best ever and we all love him.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jan 24, 2013 at 3:21 AM ]
I remember that game clearly.

I didn't root for the 9ers to lose and I sure didn't root for the Chiefs to win. I was feeling bipartial that game cuz I knew the big things Joe did for this franchise and HOW Joe lost his opportunity to be the starter of the 49ers was questionable.
Originally posted by thl408:
You root for the logo on the helmet, not the name on the back.

I don't understand this. The logo is basically a corporate symbol that means nothing without the players who represent it. Those players give that "logo" some character and personality and define the team.

I'm not saying I've ever rooted or will root against the 49ers but I can see how some fans become disinterested when their favorite player or a group of their favorite players leave.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by zillabeast:
The only time I ever have, or ever will root against the 49ers.

Share 49ersWebzone