There are 156 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

San Francisco 49ers at Kansas City Chiefs - September 11, 1994

The only time I ever have, or ever will root against the 49ers. For the player who changed everything, forever.

I'll never forget the day of that game when I was a little kid and my dad told me "Today is the only day we're not rooting for the 49ers.."

I told him to f**k off and rooted for the 49ers anyways.
Not root for the 49ers?

I was hoping BY or someone would knock him out of the game. Nothing too serious, a cracked rib would have sufficed.
I'm a fan of football first, then the 49ers. No way in hell would I ever cheer against the 49ers, even if it was against Joe Montana.
You root for the logo on the helmet, not the name on the back.
LOL.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
not sure how you can live with yourself , the only memorable thing about that game was ken norton breaking richard dents leg. norton sucked for us in about the first 8 games of the year that year if a recall. i remember tv had norton miked up and he did not do a damn thing so they stopped showcasing him,
Being 13 at the time, checking every hour for days waiting that the trade 'was going to go down' and not understanding why the Niners werent even pursuing the move, I have to admit, I was mad at the Niners. Shoot, I cried that morning it happened.
Bandwagoner
Joe didn't just give us a Divisional round win. He gave us 4 rings. I cheered for the Niners to win, but was not at all upset at losing to the greatest.
So what did you end up doing with your Chiefs #19 jersey?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Being 13 at the time, checking every hour for days waiting that the trade 'was going to go down' and not understanding why the Niners werent even pursuing the move, I have to admit, I was mad at the Niners. Shoot, I cried that morning it happened.

i was more upset when we cut lott than traded joe. i thought young was the future and montana was old and washed up. as it turned out both lott and joe had something left in the tank after they left us. roger craig was a whole other story, i think he ended up worthless as a viking?
Originally posted by zillabeast:
The only time I ever have, or ever will root against the 49ers. For the player who changed everything, forever.

So youre a Joe Montana fan over a 49ers fan then...
Yeah, I don't know about all that. Joe Montana is my favorite football player of all time, but I certainly didn't root against the 49ers that day. Now when we lost, it didn't sting as bad. But no way would I ever root against the San Francisco 49ers.