LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 221 users in the forums

Kyle Williams, the fumble, and our future

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I was thinking the other day, where would we be if Kyle didn't fumble that punt.
We would have gone to the SB and if Alex did beat the Pats and captured his first SB win- proved himself capable- would we have thought differently about him enough to turn their attention away from Kaep?
Did our misfortune last year end up being a blessing in disguise for this year and our future.
We'll never know.

/thread.
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
I was thinking the other day, where would we be if Kyle didn't fumble that punt.
We would have gone to the SB and if Alex did beat the Pats and captured his first SB win- proved himself capable- would we have thought differently about him enough to turn their attention away from Kaep?
Did our misfortune last year end up being a blessing in disguise for this year and our future.

1-13 on third downs. That was just as big as the fumbles.

Interesting thought...

I think we beat the Pats and win the Super Bowl.

Because of that, Harbaugh has too much loyalty to AS and we probably never make a play for Peyton and CK is WAY less likely to see the field unless Smith was playing TERRIBLY (which he obviously wasn't this year).
Originally posted by Leathaface:

Interesting thought...

Because of that, Harbaugh has too much loyalty to AS and we probably never make a play for Peyton and CK is WAY less likely to see the field unless Smith was playing TERRIBLY (which he obviously wasn't this year).

Or we win the SB, Peyton begs to play here for a cut, we let Alex go, and Kaep starts in 2013.
Originally posted by Joecool:

1-13 on third downs. That was just as big as the fumbles.

17 points aint gonna get it done in an nfcc.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Leathaface:

Interesting thought...

Or we win the SB, Peyton begs to play here for a cut, we let Alex go, and Kaep starts in 2013.

That woulda been a dream scenario. If we win that game on Feb 3rd though...all is forgotten.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
ck still would have gotten on the field sooner or later. You can't hold talent down
Share 49ersWebzone