LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 171 users in the forums

The Dome factor

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Texans @ Reliant Stadium, they got pounded. -In fact, 'KowboyKiller' brought up in that other thread that Reliant actually uses natural turf, and that this will be the first artificial turf-dome game period for Baltimore since week 3 of 2011. -Guys like Lewis and Suggs won't benefit well off the speed of false turf.

Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Texans @ Reliant Stadium, they got pounded. -In fact, 'KowboyKiller' brought up in that other thread that Reliant actually uses natural turf, and that this will be the first artificial turf-dome game period for Baltimore since week 3 of 2011. -Guys like Lewis and Suggs won't benefit well off the speed of false turf.

Hurricane Colin rolls into Nahlins and blows roof off Superdome!!!

The man upstairs says"not today Ray,Colin has the Scriptures tatooed for ALL to see"
Think the dome is good for us, if this was a cold weather game i'd have to say them. But should be good for us. Either way comes down to how we do on offense got to get to a solid start and keep going.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Theres a difference. We aren't playing ON THE ROAD in a dome. This will be neutral grounds.
I don't think it matters one whit. Except no wind means Flacco will be able to air it out to Boldin, Smith and Jones.
I would think that it benefits us. It seems that the Baltimore D relies more on veteran savvy and anticipation as opposed to flat out speed now. That advantage goes to us at LB, and also with a few players on offense. Vernon Davis, LeMichael James, and CK could be huge. By that regard, so could Torrey Smith. Plaaying Anquan Boldin almost makes me wish we had Shawntae Spencer or Nate Clements lol. They always seemed do well against Arizona's old big 2 (Fitz and Boldin).
Originally posted by Crow-Magnon:
I don't think it matters one whit. Except no wind means Flacco will be able to air it out to Boldin, Smith and Jones.

Of course you don't think it matters, wait until old man Lewis has to beat Kaep to the edge, then tell me how many whits it matters.
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Of course you don't think it matters, wait until old man Lewis has to beat Kaep to the edge, then tell me how many whits it matters.

If so, hope that Pollard isn't waiting to meet him!
Originally posted by Crow-Magnon:
Originally posted by RabidNiner:

If so, hope that Pollard isn't waiting to meet him!

Pollard might want to turn around... he's already gone

• kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
This dome in particular gives us a bit of an edge because we beat the Saints there in the regular season.

also we are undefeated in that dome in super bowls.

While that's a cool fact and all...it actually has exactly zero impact on whether this team will win or not.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Faster playing surface should benefit the younger and more athletic team.
Originally posted by susweel:
This dome in particular gives us a bit of an edge because we beat the Saints there in the regular season.

also we are undefeated in that dome in super bowls.

Heh, that would make me feel better if Kaepernick wasn't still in diapers at the time.

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by almondJoy:

Are you kidding me? lmao
I actually think Kap throws better in a dome. I thought he did exceptionally well in both the Saints and Falcons game and even though he looked all over the place in STL, I think it had more to do with the pressure coming his way but he still managed to get it done.
Share 49ersWebzone