There are 104 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Was Antonio langham our worst FA signing ever?

Owen Pochman was disastrous, but then again he didn't eat up the amount of money Langham did
Lawrence Phillips' missed blitz pickup is by far worse than any amount of money of wasted on any player...
We forgot one. This was during Nolan's time. Ready?...how about Tully Banta-Cain. He would have to be in there too.
Originally posted by LanceQ:
We forgot one. This was during Nolan's time. Ready?...how about Tully Banta-Cain. He would have to be in there too.

All he had was that damn spin move lol
Originally posted by BrianGO:
You forgot a few:
Best:
Tim Harris -- A very good pass rusher and helped us win a ring.
Rickey Jackson -- Helped us win a ring.
Cris Doleman -- Was still a good pass rusher.
Rod Woodson -- He was still a good player.
Kevin Green -- Hell of a pass rusher, but we played him only in spot duty for some reason. Still don't get it.
Tony Parrish -- A force of a player on a bad team.
Isaac Bruce -- An excellent free agent signing. Excellent player.
Larry Allen -- Larry freak'in Allen. Still a dominant force in his last years.
Kevin Gogan -- Really helped out our line for a few years.
Walt Harris -- Very good player, made a pro-bowl. Great signing.

Worst:
Sammy Davis -- This one is one of the worst. He was actually so bad it was funny and his personality was also funny. He would bite on double moves more than a dog waiting for you to throw a frisbee.

Disagree with:
Jonas Jennings -- He was a very good player, but he was always hurt. At the time, we really needed a left tackle.
Johnny Morton -- I thought he did pretty good job for a veteran player considering the team we had at the time. It's not like we signed him for big money.
JT O'Sullivan -- He was brought in to compete as a backup. He won the starting job; which is not his fault. We were paying him the league minimum I think. If anything, it was a pretty darn good signing when you consider his salary.

Jonas Jennings played one game for us, where he straight up DOMINATED....Him and Larry Allen MAULED the Seahawks , and we Gashed them with the run ALL DAY LONG .....That was beautiful to see
I'd have to go with O.J.SIMPSON.Pretty much sets the bar for the worst...
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
I always thought Bart Oates was a heck of a pick up. Harris Barton and Derrick Deese have both said on numerous occasions how much they learned from him.

As far as worst, I'd have to go with Phillips because of how much we were counting on him to provide us with some semblance of a running game, but all he did was kill Steve Young.
[ Edited by SaksV on Jan 23, 2013 at 8:36 AM ]
Originally posted by Kaepmandu:

This is the one that came to my mind. Gave up 5 picks (including a 1st rounder) for a used up back with a bum knee that would retire in two years.
Originally posted by SaksV:
I always thought Bart Oates was a heck of a pick up.

Good call.

Richard Dent was a ishtty signing.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RogueStout:
Originally posted by SaksV:
I always thought Bart Oates was a heck of a pick up.

Good call.

Richard Dent was a ishtty signing.
norton broke his leg so we never found out about him
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

that was a trade but you are right,, that and lawrence phillips were probably the worst decisions made my this team in terms of players. giving ahmed plummer a bunch of money is right up there to, stupid donahue
Originally posted by Mankster:

This is the one that came to my mind. Gave up 5 picks (including a 1st rounder) for a used up back with a bum knee that would retire in two years.

The fact that he MURDERED 2 people is what I was basing my opinion on...not good to have him tagged with the 9ers on any level.
I'll never forgive Lawrence Philips for missing that block on Aeneas Williams hit that pretty much ended Youngs career.
Dre Bly, just for that game against the Falcons a few years back.
I second the notion that Jonas Jennings played well for us - when he played. Still, you have to consider adding him given the cost and the amount of time he played. It may be bad luck, and not talent, but it is what it is.