There are 79 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Quotes From the Other Side- Atlanta Edition!!!

Originally posted by KegBert:
This is probably one of the cooler posts I've ever read on a sports message board.

You painted a perfect picture of the game through the Atlanta fan's perspective.

Thanks, this was an enjoyable read.

I agree. Reliving the ebb and flow of the NFCCG through the eyes of Falcon fans is priceless.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by kodiak9er:
imo the passing game isnt dramatically better, im just glad kaep hasnt Fd anything up.

Wait.....what?

if you look at his numbers compared to smiths there was no dramatic difference in total numbers. thats not accounting for the ability that he has to go down field with the ball. he is more of a playmaker by not being afraid to actually throw the ball, but his major playmaking ability come from the threat of him running or throwing the deep ball which in turn helps the offense as a whole. since he became the starter the numbers were not that much better in the passing aspect but the run game did suffer even with him running the ball. its not biased opinion its statistical facts.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
imo the passing game isnt dramatically better, im just glad kaep hasnt Fd anything up.

Wait.....what?

if you look at his numbers compared to smiths there was no dramatic difference in total numbers. thats not accounting for the ability that he has to go down field with the ball. he is more of a playmaker by not being afraid to actually throw the ball, but his major playmaking ability come from the threat of him running or throwing the deep ball which in turn helps the offense as a whole. since he became the starter the numbers were not that much better in the passing aspect but the run game did suffer even with him running the ball. its not biased opinion its statistical facts.

Statistical fact does not always translate to reality.
Originally posted by English:
Thread of the week Stoney!

You have to feel sorry for the fans though. Surviving two games like that consecutively. And they still call him Matty Ice!

Kind of glad we stopped Nolan going to the Superbowl.

Typical Nolan...zero adjustments at half time, bend AND break defense.

That said, I feel for the Falcons fans...we know that feeling exactly one year ago and reading through this game day thread, most were very respectful even during an emotional and heart breaking game. Props to you Falcon fans and Falcons on a fine season. You have your work cut out for you next season. We'll see you again.
Freakin' hilarious Stoney--great post. Reading those quotes while listening to the Allman Bros. "Whipping Post" was perfect.....

What numbers are you referring to specifically?
Not all of the passing numbers are similar.
Awesome thread, finally got to read it.
Awesome thread! Reading from their perspective is funny. Everyone hates joe buck.
I think the best quote was from the Panthers board and it said, "Hey Ryan, Get the f**K out of Kapernick's house you punk" lol
[ Edited by signman on Jan 23, 2013 at 5:52 PM ]
It's sad that in such a close game that someone has to lose. Even worse, losing in such a manner where turn over's was a factor.

I'm sure that if we could go back to the playoffs with the Giants last year, we would see similar comments on the gameday thread.

Congrats 49er's ... impressive performance by a QB with little experience.

Actually I like the Falcons ... and if the 49er's couldn't be there, I would have been OK with the Falcons. They seem to have a little more class than say the Seahawks, Cowboys, Giants, Pats and others. I feel for Tony G ...
[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Jan 23, 2013 at 6:03 PM ]
Great post Stoney!

Even the Falcons fans knew he didn't make tat catch.
Thank you Stoney, thank you
Originally posted by signman:
I think the best quote was from the Panthers board and it said, "Hey Ryan, Get the f**K out of Kapernick's house you punk" lol
Link?
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Pure gold!
"I HOPE NOLAN IS GOING TO ADJUST A COUPLE OF THINGS. "