LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

NFC Championship Game: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Fine post again!

Here's a few more:

1) Lee had an awesome punt at the ned that sealed it up.

2).
Originally posted by NinerTNT:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by JBrack:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
my point is that our number 1 guy would be number two there...stat wise

Not really,

White
2012 Season 92 rec 1351 yds 14.7 avg 7tds 59 long

With Kaep playing all year Crabs would have eclipsed those numbers. He already has him beat on TDs.
Jesus Christ. Atlanta has 3 top notch receiving threats. No one is going to have Megatron type stats for that team. You are kidding yourself thinking Julio Jones isnt a top 5 WR in this league. Yes Brown gave up some plays, He still had good coverage on Julio for most of the game. Julio just made plays. Brown has been outstanding all year and he has one bad game and you want to jump all over his case for it? Give me a break.

I agree. And with absolutely NO pass rush in the 1st half its amazing it wasn't worse than it already was. Anyone have info on who he's going up against in the SB? Maybe they put Culliver on the bigger, stronger receiver in Boldin.

The pass rush was there, it's just that Ryan was nailing his targets perfectly under 2 seconds. There were 2 or three occasions where it looked like he was going to get sacked but he got rid of that ball quickly. In the 2nd half, we took a risk and began jumping those routes because Ryan's plan was to get rid of it within 2 seconds. That changed everything.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Jesus Christ. Atlanta has 3 top notch receiving threats. No one is going to have Megatron type stats for that team. You are kidding yourself thinking Julio Jones isnt a top 5 WR in this league. Yes Brown gave up some plays, He still had good coverage on Julio for most of the game. Julio just made plays. Brown has been outstanding all year and he has one bad game and you want to jump all over his case for it? Give me a break.

No reason to take the lords name in vain here buddy. Jones a top 5 WR? ROTFLOL.... Thats a gas bro.

Andre Johnson
Calvin Johnson
Wes Welker
Victor Cruz
Larry Fitzgerald

There are 5 better right there and no Jones either. Jones isnt even the best WR on his team lol...

Hell yes im going to jump his ass. This is playoffs, you bring your A game or you get sent packing! And if he gets burned next week by Smith and we lose the game, I bet you will be the first person to jump his ass, so back off!

Julio Jones is better than Cruz or Fitzgerald right now. Also, what does the bold have to do with anything?

That would be saying ATL has two top 5 WRs. That is just not true...

Thats your opinion but id take Cruz and Fitz over Jones anyday. Jones gets alot of favorable matchups the other guys dont get. He has yet to prove he can beat double coverage on a consitent basis and be a number 1 wr.
Sorry about that.

2). Goodwin - No bad snaps

3). Delaine held on to the ball

4). Miller's blocking

5). The whole Oline - successfully running to the right has happened with Boone taking over RG - GREAT move coaches

6). LMJ held up under some pretty hard hits

7). The Coaches - what really impressed is the adjustments they made on D

Thanks again Marv - ONE more to go.
Originally posted by Garcia:
disagree with OP
Which one? Marvin, or the guy who started the T Brown thread?

No reason to take the lords name in vain here buddy. Jones a top 5 WR? ROTFLOL.... Thats a gas bro.

Andre Johnson
Calvin Johnson
Wes Welker
Victor Cruz
Larry Fitzgerald

There are 5 better right there and no Jones either. Jones isnt even the best WR on his team lol...

Hell yes im going to jump his ass. This is playoffs, you bring your A game or you get sent packing! And if he gets burned next week by Smith and we lose the game, I bet you will be the first person to jump his ass, so back off!

Jones is far more talented than Welker and Cruz.

You can't just look at #s. Watch the man play the game.

BTW, he IS the best WR on his team even tho the stats don't yet show that. Roddy has been "the man" for a long time there but that will change next year.

Mark my words, Julio Jones will be one of the best WRs in the league for a long, long time.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Jan 22, 2013 at 10:35 AM ]
Originally posted by Marvin49:

You mean physical skill set?

Because Welker catching over 120 balls in one season is surely talent.
Or Cruz having went over 1600yds in a season is surely talent.

Players get payed to put up numbers, Thats what their incentive based bonuses are based on.

Jones looks pretty good when he isnt double covered and is playing against #2 and 3 corners. Who wouldnt in this debate?

You are projecting he will turn out. But projections are just that.
[ Edited by JBrack on Jan 22, 2013 at 10:43 AM ]

Players get payed to put up numbers, Thats what their incentive based bonuses are based on.

Jones looks pretty good when he isnt double covered and is playing against #2 and 3 corners. Who wouldnt in this debate?

WW was targeted 174 times.
Cruz targeted 143 times
JJ targeted 129 times

JJ is a top 5-8 receiver. He is a tough cover for any DB in the league.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
what took you so long.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by KEGster:
Disagree on Crabtree. I felt he was the only one that pressed and it almost cost us the game. Unlike the Falcons, we were exhibiting the quiet confidence. Then Crabtree started dancing/celebrating and then the inexusable fumble. We were running down their throats, how difficult would a 3rd and Goal at the 1 be to convert?

Dumb. I thought he pressed and let the Falcons get into his head. The only player on the roster to do so

TOTALLY disagree.

Ya know, those guys on the other team? They get payed too. That was one hell of a play by Robinson. Sometimes you gotta give them their due.

Agree with this. I don't fault Crabtree there for fighting to reach the endzone. Was just a great play to rip it out, followed by a vicious hit that kept Crabtree from regaining possession.

Overall good read. I'd make a slight criticism, but you don't respond well to that, so I'll hold back for the sake of peace.

Yup. It was a good play by all. Kaep could have led Crabs slightly more inside and would of walked into the endzone. Kaep stuck it on his belly though so Crabs had to make a split second adjustment, which allowed the defenders to converge quickly and make a play on the ball.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
anybody know when they are replaying that game on NFL network ?
Originally posted by susweel:
what took you so long.

He was out of town and didn't get to re-watch it sooner.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
what took you so long.

He was out of town and didn't get to re-watch it sooner.

this is the NFCCG thats good enough. I expect better from Marvin doesn't he realize that we depend on his analysis
Originally posted by Joecool:

WW was targeted 174 times.
Cruz targeted 143 times
JJ targeted 129 times

JJ is a top 5-8 receiver. He is a tough cover for any DB in the league.

Im not saying he is not talented. Im just not ready to crown him yet without ever showing he can be the number one guy. He still has alot to prove. With Gonzo gone next year, defenses will put more emphasis on stopping Jones and rolling coverages his way. Next year will be a good barometer for how he can perform under the spot light so to speak.
anybody know when they are replaying that game on NFL network ?

tonight and the afc replay on wed
Share 49ersWebzone