LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 232 users in the forums

NFC Championship Game: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
goldson was SO close on that near INT. Jones is just a beast.

I actually thought it was picked, until I saw Julio advancing the ball ...

could have been 4 picks for the Defense

Goldson fingertip miss,
missed Rogers INT because OPass interference by Julio
Brown INT broken up by Julio
Two batted down balls that could have been INTs by Brooks

so many chances
They allowed Julio to throw him around out there. Glad he kept fighting though and never hung his head
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
And you're not giving our defense enough. The defense forced those turnovers....they didn't just happen. Culliver jumped the route and made a great play to get the pick; as for the fumble, Ryan was worried about the pressure up the middle and took his eye off the snap.

Ryan was sacked once by Soap who had one sack all year and it wasnt even really a sack. He was on the run leaving the pocket. If anything Ryan saw a favorable matchup and was trying to exploit it by keeping his eyes downfield. Our pressure improved in the 2nd half, but it was still lackluster and we couldnt get home. 4 qb hits and one sack doesnt send probowl qbs running for thier lives. I could also argue that Jones should have came back to the ball on that Culliver INT. Culliver made a nice play, but if Jones does his job, Culliver doesnt have a chance to make the play!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Julio Jones is no joke my friend he would own 90% of CBs in the league.
Meh, He ha been good for us all year, Julio Jones is just a damn animal and Brown had good coverage on him most of the day Julio just made some damn good catches. Im not worried at all about the way our DBs played. Remember now we shut out the Falcons in the 2nd half
Sometimes you just got to tip your cap when a player is playing out of his mind. Julio was on fire in the first half and at least three of those catches are not defendable. I feel like the necessary adjustments were made at the half, and we played better "team" defense in the 2nd half.
Originally posted by susweel:

Crabtree
2012 Season 85 rec 1105 yds 13.09 avg 49 long

Jones
2012 Season 79 rec 1198 yds 15.21 avg 80 long

His numbers dont indicate him any better than Crabtree. Keep in mind Alex and his shorter passing attack hampered his numbers.

Jones is a good WR but he isnt Megatron by any stretch. Way to much praise for Jones here. Our defense just blew it, Mainly Tarrell Brown.
Originally posted by JBrack:

Crabtree

Jones

His numbers dont indicate him any better than Crabtree. Keep in mind Alex and his shorter passing attack hampered his numbers.

Jones is a good WR but he isnt Megatron by any stretch. Way to much praise for Jones here. Our defense just blew it, Mainly Tarrell Brown.
keep in mind that he's the number 2 guy in that offense

Crabtree

Jones

keep in mind that he's the number 2 guy in that offense
Goldson was frustrating me more in the first half than anyone else.

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
And you're not giving our defense enough. The defense forced those turnovers....they didn't just happen. Culliver jumped the route and made a great play to get the pick; as for the fumble, Ryan was worried about the pressure up the middle and took his eye off the snap.

Ryan was sacked once by Soap who had one sack all year and it wasnt even really a sack. He was on the run leaving the pocket. If anything Ryan saw a favorable matchup and was trying to exploit it by keeping his eyes downfield. Our pressure improved in the 2nd half, but it was still lackluster and we couldnt get home. 4 qb hits and one sack doesnt send probowl qbs running for thier lives. I could also argue that Jones should have came back to the ball on that Culliver INT. Culliver made a nice play, but if Jones does his job, Culliver doesnt have a chance to make the play!
I never said Ryan was running for his life; that's a straw man argument. I said Ryan took his eye off the ball as it was being snapped because he was WORRIED (not terrified) about the pressure. In other words, the slight distraction caused his eyes to divert from the snap for a split second, and that's all it takes to fumble a snap. I'm not giving ALL the credit to our defense for that, just the proper amount.

Same with Culliver's pick...yes, Jones didn't do his job, but Culliver took advantage of this mistake and made a play when we REALLY needed a stop. I'm not trying to blow either of these things out of proportion; just giving our defense the credit it deserves as opposed to saying (like you), that they had nothing to do with it.

Anyway, it's a matter of opinion and not really worth going back and forth on. I know where you stand on this, you know where I stand.
He struggled, but it's nearly impossible to stop Julio Jones. He has an accurate QB, is fast, big, has hands, athleticism, the entire package. The way the NFL is designed now, with the changing of rules, it's nearly impossible for a CB to shut down an offense like ATL's. They have two pro bowl level WRs and a HOF TE. Ryan is really accurate also... Brown made some big plays when it counted.
Hell yeah! If anyone was "raped" last week it was him. NO MO JULIO!
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Yes, but in his defense... Julio Jones was pushing him off on just about all of those completions.

yeah, he was screaming for the push off and the refs were just letting it go.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Crabtree

Jones

numbers dont always tell the entire story. dude is a beast
Share 49ersWebzone