There are 200 users in the forums

Will Kaep demand new contract after Super Bowl?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We already know that Russell Wilson asked for new contract in Seattle. If Kaep demands new contract, will/should Niners give him it and how much should they pay him?

My guess is Kaep will command a good 15-20 million on the open market. But obviously these are not perfect market conditions (since he is still bound to his rookie contract). My biggest worry is that he will either hold out or threaten to leave after this current contract is over due to feeling disrespected.

I was also thinking since we have found our franchise QB (I think), maybe Baalke should consider start shifting most of the salary to the offensive side of the ball. If you have an elite QB, you want to maximize that advantage by surrounding him with as much talent as possible on offense. I'm a little worried that we may have over-extended on defense by giving contracts to guys like Rodgers and Brooks (who I like). I think we should focus on solidifying the OL for the future and getting more depth at WR. I'm sick of going into the playoffs with only one good WR that is healthy for the second year in a row.
Don't quote me, but per the CBA a player cannot renegotiate his rookie contract until 3 years have passed.
[ Edited by SVcabron1980 on Jan 21, 2013 at 4:31 PM ]
Heard that the new CBA doesn't allow rookies to renegotiate until after their third year.
no cos he's not a douche like russell wilson

/thread
Originally posted by SVcabron1980:
Don't quote me, but per the CBA a player cannot renegotiate his rookie contract until 3 years have passed.

You're right .... This won't be an issue until the end of next season and he will still be restricted
After 3 years, he can renegotiate. So I've heard
Sorry I havent taken the time to study the CBA. Just not my thing. I leave that to experts like AB38 and Dr Bill Walsh.
he can't

thread done
Kaep wants to be a 49er and I think when the time comes he will get paid well by the 49ers, he seems very much like a team guy, not someone who will hold out.
more like 12-15

Originally posted by VtownNinerFan:
Kaep wants to be a 49er and I think when the time comes he will get paid well by the 49ers, he seems very much like a team guy, not someone who will hold out.

Judging by what I saw in Reno I think you are absolutely correct that he is a team guy. Besides, I think his future endorsements will worth a few dollars.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
If he does, trade him for Aaron Rodgers?
Yes ! Give him Alexs contract F**K the three year wait
Originally posted by Wodwo:
If he does, trade him for Aaron Rodgers?

f*ck Rodgers. He is a dinosaur that will fade into obscurity along with Brady, Ryan, and Manning. Guys like Kaep, Wilson, RGIII, and Luck are the new "elite" QB's of the NFL and will be dominating the league for years to come.
Not possible.

http://www.examiner.com/article/russell-wilson-new-contract-seahawks-qb-looking-for-better-deal
Share 49ersWebzone