There are 75 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Was Eddie D proud or pissed at the end of the game

Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
<blockquote class="quote"><div>Quote:</div> Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

The torch has been passed...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/San-Francisco-49ers-Eddie-DeBartolo-Denise-Bartolo-Jed-York-012013And

Eddie D? Always emotional and prone to grandiose gestures, DeBartolo huddled with Jed privately on Saturday night in Atlanta. He had some important things he needed to pass on to his nephew.

1. A pair of gold, football-shaped cufflinks, a gift originally given to Eddie in 1981 &mdash; the season the Joe Montana-led team beat Cincinnati in Super Bowl XVI. Those cufflinks came from the 49ers' founding family, the Morabitos.

"Think of that connection, that tradition," Jed said, showing them off with pride. "These are just amazing."

2. An 8x10 framed photo Eddie has kept on his wall since that inaugural Super Bowl run. In it, five-year-old Jed is standing alongside Eddie DeBartolo Sr. Jed is holding a sign.

"Dear Uncle Eddie, We love you. Congratulations and we love the 49ers."

"It's been on my wall 30 years. My dad and Jed are in that picture," said DeBartolo, choking back his own tears. "And I gave it to Jed, and I put my own note with it.

Eddie's note read, "Dear Jed, Now it's your turn. Love, Uncle Eddie"

With that, Eddie began to cry.

I damn near started to cry reading that!
f**king choked up myself .next two weeks gonna be like I'm going through menopause and I'm a guy. Wtf
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I think he was proud and happy to be part of the celebration. I didnt see any anger at all.

this
Originally posted by montana9er:
Quote:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/San-Francisco-49ers-Eddie-DeBartolo-Denise-Bartolo-Jed-York-012013And

Eddie D? Always emotional and prone to grandiose gestures, DeBartolo huddled with Jed privately on Saturday night in Atlanta. He had some important things he needed to pass on to his nephew.

1. A pair of gold, football-shaped cufflinks, a gift originally given to Eddie in 1981 — the season the Joe Montana-led team beat Cincinnati in Super Bowl XVI. Those cufflinks came from the 49ers' founding family, the Morabitos.

"Think of that connection, that tradition," Jed said, showing them off with pride. "These are just amazing."

2. An 8x10 framed photo Eddie has kept on his wall since that inaugural Super Bowl run. In it, five-year-old Jed is standing alongside Eddie DeBartolo Sr. Jed is holding a sign.

"It's been on my wall 30 years. My dad and Jed are in that picture," said DeBartolo, choking back his own tears. "And I gave it to Jed, and I put my own note with it.

f**king choked up myself .next two weeks gonna be like I'm going through menopause and I'm a guy. Wtf

[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Jan 21, 2013 at 5:29 PM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Did any one catch Denise asking Gore to 'give mama a kiss'. Like Gore is her son. I think Denise has a big heart too like Eddie.

that creeped me the hell out

I missed heard that the first time through all the commotion. She actually said 'you did it for mama'. Gore's mom.

heard it clearly. nothing creepy at all, just a wonderful moment
Damn I had to stop reading that article halfway through and continue after recollecting myself. And after reading that I dont think Eddie D was pissed.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Quote:

1. A pair of gold, football-shaped cufflinks, a gift originally given to Eddie in 1981 — the season the Joe Montana-led team beat Cincinnati in Super Bowl XVI. Those cufflinks came from the 49ers' founding family, the Morabitos.

yet again .... 35 years a 49ers fan ...I remember watching Eddie D. accept the first one .... oh dang ... 31 years ago!!
I think Eddie was happy but I bet he still wants to kill his POS brother in-law.

For a guy who reportedly had no interest in running the club, I don't think York did a bad job. He can't be blamed for TDon, that pos was down to Walsh.
Originally posted by Beeker:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Quote:

yet again .... 35 years a 49ers fan ...I remember watching Eddie D. accept the first one .... oh dang ... 31 years ago!!
wow. It's a new era in niner football but the winning tradition is still strong.
It was funny that nobody even talked to John York after the game dude was just standing there.
Originally posted by susweel:
It was funny that nobody even talked to John York after the game dude was just standing there.

I noticed that as well and immediately thought "that is what he is best at". Just stand out of the way and keep your mouth shut, please.
Just wondering why Coach Jimmy was not at the trophy ceremony ?????

If I remember rightly, York took himself out of the limelight by stepping back behind the group. He wasn't likely to be asked any questions standing there.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Than man is a 49er even with all the craziness that went on.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

If I remember rightly, York took himself out of the limelight by stepping back behind the group. He wasn't likely to be asked any questions standing there.

yes, it is what you do NOT do sometimes is the biggest plus of all