LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

NaVorro Bowman has retired

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by socalniner:
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
Makes you forget about Jeff Ulbrich. Who??????? I know right????

and that dude Winborn

Tully Banta-Cain

and that dude Winborn

Derek Smith. Another player who was untouchable to criticize because he filled up the stat sheet....on his back.

What's up with Smith and being untouchable? LOL.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Bowman and Brooks. If A. Brooks didn't bat that pass down it would be at the 1 or a TD. That receiver was open in the corner.

Yep. That was a huge play.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Bowman and Brooks. If A. Brooks didn't bat that pass down it would be at the 1 or a TD. That receiver was open in the corner.

Yep. That was a huge play.

If you guys didn't notice, Patrick Willis made that last play happen. They knew it was going to Roddy so Willis quickly got underneath the curl right at the 4 or 5 yard mark. Matt Ryan had to reload to throw it to the left of Willis which forced Roddy to move closer to try and separate from Bowman.

Greater play by Willis than it was by Bowman because even if Roddy catches that, Bowman tackles him 1 yard short.
Every time I see Bowman play, I think of Derrick Brooks.
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
Every time I see Bowman play, I think of Derrick Brooks.

Both are/where very versatile LB's but Bowman is more athletic than Brooks in my opinion.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Pay the Man!!!! Again!!!
f**k peter king.
That is a sick ride. Bowman reminds me of a 21st century ninja or something. Silent until the football gods summon him.
What exactly was the pun in your statement? Sorry I can be a bit slow sometimes

But agreed, Bowman is The Man! (Vernon Davis voice)

All four of our linebackers are beasts. The Four Horsemen will ride once more on Superbowl Sunday, and lead us to victory! Our linebackers remind me of the four great linebackers the Saints had under Fangio in the late 80's.
Smith-Willis-Bowman-Brooks
Jackson-Johnson-Mills-Swilling
I like ours better though.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

and that dude Winborn

Tully Banta-Cain

I thought Jamie Winborn was pretty good. He had speed, just a little undersized. Jeff Ulbrich used to get run over and dragged a lot. Derek Smith only had one good eye.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
I just wanted to give props where props are due. This guy took over on that last drive and single-handedly sealed the game for us by knocking down 2 passes out of the last 3 plays. (Pun not intended).

So glad we locked this guy up long term! Him and Patrick are the heart and soul of our defense.

Yeah, nice to have him and Patrick locked up.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pahlerbj:

What is that a Porshe 928?
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 26, 2013 at 1:10 AM ]
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
can you guys stfu about Willis? some of you can't help it but try to ruin it for others and always find negative s**t to say, get a f**king life.

I think the reason why Willis is constantly brought up is bcz typically he's everyone's favorite LB, he was my fav for a long time. But now I've come to realize that Bowman inspires me the most. Not only in his quality of play, but his leadership on gameday. Just watch that SoundFX video vs the Falcons and u'll realize his impact, there's a clip where he sat Willis down and refocused him, and another where he coached up Cox about winning his battle. He's like a general!

Willis leads by example and that's great. Bowman on the other hand does the same, and at the same time elevates everyone else around him.
Share 49ersWebzone