LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

I'm Curious Did Any Body Else Catch This?........

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Around the 2:23 Mark, Patrick Willis gets kind of dusted off by John Taylor? I wouldn't expect Taylor to show this very little interest, when being acknowledged by Willis. Considering how well mannered and amazing caliber of a player Willis is. Maybe this is nothing but I found it sort of weird.

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Micd-Up-Patrick-Willis/1315d080-20c2-4ff1-ae97-7d0acad1155e
JT was always the quiet guy, even when he was tearing it up in the late 80s. No big deal.
I thought it a bit assish myself. At least acknowledge the guy is talking to you....
There may have been lengthier interaction between them, that clip was kind of abbreviated, but I could see both points presented thus far in this thread.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
that's the editing..before that they were smiling and laughing with each other no big deal man..
Originally posted by CripplinYaStyle:
Around the 2:23 Mark, Patrick Willis gets kind of dusted off by John Taylor? I wouldn't expect Taylor to show this very little interest, when being acknowledged by Willis. Considering how well mannered and amazing caliber of a player Willis is. Maybe this is nothing but I found it sort of weird.

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Micd-Up-Patrick-Willis/1315d080-20c2-4ff1-ae97-7d0acad1155e

Wow, that was WEIRD. Taylor obviously saw Willis talking to him and he just flat out brushed him off and wouldn't even shake Willis' hand after Willis offered a handshake out of respect and admiration of what he had of the man. That was rude.

Maybe they already knew or chit chatted with each other often prior and Taylor just thought Willis was just mongering around before gametime.
Originally posted by ninersoul:
Originally posted by CripplinYaStyle:

Wow, that was WEIRD. Taylor obviously saw Willis talking to him and he just flat out brushed him off and wouldn't even shake Willis' hand after Willis offered a handshake out of respect and admiration of what he had of the man. That was rude.

Maybe they already knew or chit chatted with each other often prior and Taylor just thought Willis was just mongering around before gametime.

yeah that is what happened....you can hear Willis say, "hey I have to say shake your hand again" (for the camera basically, since it was facing both of them and he was mic'd up. The local Fox channel had their own Willis mic'd up special on their Total Access show and it showed much more than 49ers.com. It also looked like Taylor was distracted with what was going on, on the field at the time.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Jan 20, 2013 at 9:05 AM ]
It was weird, but I honestly think JT has a personality disorder. Dude is as extreme of an introvert as you can get. I really doubt that he was trying to be hollywood, or an a hole.
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
that's the editing..before that they were smiling and laughing with each other no big deal man..

Having met John Taylor many times, I can tell you he is not the type to blow someone off like that. He doesn't even do that to random people, much less someone like Willis.
Originally posted by sacniner:
It was weird, but I honestly think JT has a personality disorder. Dude is as extreme of an introvert as you can get. I really doubt that he was trying to be hollywood, or an a hole.

Wasnt he a car salesman in the offseason...

Hard to sell cars with that personality.

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Wasnt he a car salesman in the offseason...

Hard to sell cars with that personality.

Think he drives trucks.
I thought it looked like Taylor was pre-occupied with something that was going on in front of him. He also looked sort of modest about his own personal accomplishments that Willis was speaking of.

Our former dynasty players probably aren't that immpressed with what our current team has done so far, but if they bring the sixth ring I think they will garner much respect from the old dominators.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
I thought it looked like Taylor was pre-occupied with something that was going on in front of him. He also looked sort of modest about his own personal accomplishments that Willis was speaking of.

Our former dynasty players probably aren't that immpressed with what our current team has done so far, but if they bring the sixth ring I think they will garner much respect from the old dominators.

DITTO ... Nothing of concern there. After all, he did shake Willis' hand.
Originally posted by sacniner:

Yeah, Michael Crabtree is sort of the same way (which a lot of people aren't aware of because he's been getting so much bad press in his career).
JT was just into the game, watching the offense play. No big deal. I don't notice anything around me when I'm watching the game either.

"I'm the worst blocker in America" lol.
Share 49ersWebzone