LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS BALTIMORE RAVENS GAMEDAY THREAD- SUPER BOWL XLVII

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The City will once again hoist the Lombardi in the next 3 years. The Ravens will do so as well. This is the new Best AFC NFC matchup there is. I love it that the officials let the game be determined by the players on the field. I have watched the SB at least 5 times. There was PI not called against BAL several times early in the game. There was neutral zone infractions and holding not called over and over throughout. Jim Harbs was consistently demanding calls through the game. For everyone focusing on the last series, please watch again from start to finish. This game wasn't nearly as egregious as the Steeler Seahawks SB. Awesome game. This will build the hunger to get it all. Poor play calling at the end. Ravens intimidate coaches more than players. Ravens 49ers SB again in two years.
I just finished rewatching the second half of the Super Bowl. Damn our offense was slicing through that Ravens defense like it was nothing. I have no idea why we froze like that at the 5 yardline. WHY WHY WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to stop thinking about it, I'm driving myself crazy. We should have had this Super Bowl.
Crabs could still have made thee catch if the pass wasnt high.
Originally posted by MikeinGlennDale:
The City will once again hoist the Lombardi in the next 3 years. The Ravens will do so as well. This is the new Best AFC NFC matchup there is. I love it that the officials let the game be determined by the players on the field. I have watched the SB at least 5 times. There was PI not called against BAL several times early in the game. There was neutral zone infractions and holding not called over and over throughout. Jim Harbs was consistently demanding calls through the game. For everyone focusing on the last series, please watch again from start to finish. This game wasn't nearly as egregious as the Steeler Seahawks SB. Awesome game. This will build the hunger to get it all. Poor play calling at the end. Ravens intimidate coaches more than players. Ravens 49ers SB again in two years.

No. The Ravens won't be back for some time.
The game is airing on NFLN right now if anyone cares to watch it
I don't think I want to watch that again.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ace49ers:
Crabs could still have made thee catch if the pass wasnt high.

the pass was where it was supposed to be. it wouldve been a dime if crabs wasnt held.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
it would've been a tippy toe catch on the sideline.

Wish crabs would've contested the holding. Thrown his hands up at the ref, something. Probably wouldn't have mattered, fkn refs weren't calling anything on the ravens. The PI on Culliver earlier in the game was 10x less an infraction than what they did to Crabtree.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
it would've been a tippy toe catch on the sideline.

Wish crabs would've contested the holding. Thrown his hands up at the ref, something. Probably wouldn't have mattered, fkn refs weren't calling anything on the ravens. The PI on Culliver earlier in the game was 10x less an infraction than what they did to Crabtree.

Culliver was hosed on a few of those. He didn't have a great game overall but I thought officiating didn't help his case. The play in the first half should have been an INT but Torrey Smith mugged him by taking him down by the helmet. No flag.

He barely makes contact in the fourth. Flag.

Maybe these officials didn't like his anti-gay comments...
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Culliver was hosed on a few of those. He didn't have a great game overall but I thought officiating didn't help his case. The play in the first half should have been an INT but Torrey Smith mugged him by taking him down by the helmet. No flag.

He barely makes contact in the fourth. Flag.

Maybe these officials didn't like his anti-gay comments...

i'm not into conspiracy theories or anything like that but I firmly believe that the officials as a whole HATE Jim Harbaugh. It has to affect the way they call the game.

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
i'm not into conspiracy theories or anything like that but I firmly believe that the officials as a whole HATE Jim Harbaugh. It has to affect the way they call the game.

As much as I like Jim Harbaugh and what he's done for the team, I have to admit that thought has crossed my mind. But, I actually think that if it's crossed our minds, it's crossed his as well. He may calm down a bit next season. And, the NFL reviews all games very closely. You have to think that in spite of the fact that they'll say nothing about this game, they'll see what happened. They'll definitely see the mugging on the kickoff return. And, there are probably NFL people who pay attention to Harbaugh's basic complaint - a foul is a foul, no matter when it occurs - regarding that last play. Two things may happen next season that I'm hoping for: 1. Harbaugh calms down a little and 2. Officials are a little careful about letting their feelings about Harbaugh affect their officiating. The NFL is always good to teams that go to Europe for them, so it's not like they aren't going to want the Niners to do well.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by MikeinGlennDale:

No. The Ravens won't be back for some time.

Yeah, I would expect some struggles in the next few years until they can re up some personel
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
QC ‏@QuantCoach

@espn_nfcwest The #49ers suffered 6th biggest upset in SB history, but may have signaled edge of design change wave: http://www.quantcoach.com/
Share 49ersWebzone