SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS BALTIMORE RAVENS GAMEDAY THREAD- SUPER BOWL XLVII

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
OMG GUYZ THIS MADE ME SICK! The nerve!

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

SMH ......
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Miller needs to realize that hopping up and down is not how you draw the refs attention, he needs to FALL to the ground if he being held that badly. The Ravens did a great job of taking advantage of the horrible officials they had at the Super Bowl. Which is part of winning.

I don't know, Miller was sealed off when he was facing the blocker. Once he turned his back on the blocker, he was definitely NOT going to get any holding call.

Looked like a good block.
Decent article:

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/02/06/5168682/49ers-notes-jenkins-vows-to-come.html
Thank You 49ers Faithful Posted 53 minutes ago

Jed York CEO

The primary goal of our organization is to win Super Bowls, and we came up just short of achieving that Sunday. The Super Bowl does not just mark the end of a great season, but rather represents the beginning of a bright future for the 49ers and our Faithful fans. I am very proud of our players, coaches, and staff who worked so hard to bring home a championship this season. This was a great year that produced a second consecutive NFC West title, a home playoff game win, a league-high 9 Pro Bowl players, and an NFC Championship. Still, in the end, our quest remains unfulfilled. We now attack the off-season with a renewed spirit and focus on winning the Super Bowl next season.2013 will be a special year as we celebrate the final season of football at Candlestick Park. We intend to honor the place we've called home since 1971 with a season-long campaign featuring the greatest moments in 49ers history at the Stick. You may have noticed that during this past season we introduced a number of enhancements to the gameday experience, and we will continue to strive to put on the best show possible for our fans. This year also marked the continued progress on the construction of the new Santa Clara Stadium, which is now nearly 40% complete. We are finalists to host either the 2015 or 2016 season's Super Bowl in the new stadium and recently announced that the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl game is slated to begin play when we open in the fall of 2014. On behalf of the entire San Francisco 49ers organization, I want to sincerely thank you for your Faithful support. Let us all look back on a great season and be proud of what this team accomplished. This team has a bright future and will compete for the Super Bowl for years to come.

It is true... Nobody has it better than us.

Sincerely,Jed YorkCEOSan Francisco 49ers
[ Edited by Beeker on Feb 6, 2013 at 4:42 PM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
Miller needs to realize that hopping up and down is not how you draw the refs attention, he needs to FALL to the ground if he being held that badly. The Ravens did a great job of taking advantage of the horrible officials they had at the Super Bowl. Which is part of winning.

I don't know, Miller was sealed off when he was facing the blocker. Once he turned his back on the blocker, he was definitely NOT going to get any holding call.

I am not going to b*tch about the officiating because that is not the reason the Niners lost..that being said, that was not even close to being a good block. One guy had 2 handfuls of jersey on Millers back and the other guy had 2 handfuls of jersey on his front. I re-watched that particular one a couple times (not really sure why though).
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Feb 6, 2013 at 5:28 PM ]
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

I am not going to b*tch about the officiating because that is not the reason the Niners lost..that being said, that was not even close to being a good block. One guy had 2 handfuls of jersey on Millers back and the other guy had 2 handfuls of jersey on his front. I re-watched that particular one a couple times (not really sure why though).

Mike Pererra, halfway through the season said refs will never call holding when a player is bein double teamed because players rarely get out of a double.

Mike Pererra, halfway through the season said refs will never call holding when a player is bein double teamed because players rarely get out of a double.

I am sure he didnt mean that in the case of a player being double held. A double team and a double hold are 2 diferent things. This was really the only call(or non call) i had an issue with because it was so blatant and the end result was a touchdown.
I am sure he didnt mean that in the case of a player being double held. A double team and a double hold are 2 diferent things. This was really the only call(or non call) i had an issue with because it was so blatant and the end result was a touchdown.

Pereira almost always agrees with the officiating in any game. He rarely ever calls out a Ref for not calling something or making the wrong call.

Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Pereira almost always agrees with the officiating in any game. He rarely ever calls out a Ref for not calling something or making the wrong call.

Didn't he also say the Fail Mary was a TD?
anyone know where i can watch the Super Bowl online? i want to save it on my laptop...
so since I don't want to wade through the 300 pages and since my thread was instalocked...On our first play I need someone to explain to me how that is an illegal formation I know covered by reciever what ever yada yada... but why is that an illegal formation, I mean I thought the major rule was just there must be 7 guys on the line.

• THEB
  • Veteran
Flacco telling his teammates to come off the sideline and tackle Ginn if he broke free on the final return of the game.

He needs to get fined BIG for this b******t. Its enough that the refs already cheated to help them win, and he was more than willing to cheat to win as well.

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_22539451/ravens-quarterback-joe-flacco-was-ready-cheat-beat
Share 49ersWebzone