LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 338 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS BALTIMORE RAVENS GAMEDAY THREAD- SUPER BOWL XLVII

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I wish Raven fans would go get lost somewhere and let us mourn after this one. Even being a good sport disgusts me at this point and I just wish they would evaporate.
Okay - this is what got me riled up early - someone tell me how this DID NOT get called a facemask????

And this one ..... Somehow, I believe wrapping your arm around the helmet is a penalty .....

And here's another one .....

Anyone STILL think we didn't get hosed by the refs???
[ Edited by Beeker on Feb 5, 2013 at 8:37 PM ]
I know I'll catch hell for this..... but it looks like he had plenty of room to catch this .. IF he hadn't been held......

Originally posted by Beeker:
I know I'll catch hell for this..... but it looks like he had plenty of room to catch this .. IF he hadn't been held......

Yup. He had a play on it. If the pass was a little more in bounds he has a shot even with the hold.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Feb 5, 2013 at 8:57 PM ]
anyone know where i can rematch the whole game? haven't seen a link yet...

Painful.
So I was watching a basketball game at my local high school and as I'm watching I hear a parent from somewhere behind me yell "hey did you ref the superbowl too cuz you've missed every call this entire game" lol I thought it was funny and wanted to share with the zone. Evidently there are other out there who believe it was a terribly officiated game. My boss who's a Rams fan finally approached me about that game and thought we got completely hosed on the non calls an he was rooting hard against the 49ers.
Originally posted by horsecore:
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Originally posted by horsecore:
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Originally posted by Bmorefan:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Just leave. Enjoy it.

Why didnt you tell me that a week ago?...noooooo you guys gave me the buisness. How Old the Ravens were.....How Kaep was going to run all over us. I got so much flack and now you want me to leave. No one asked me to leave then.

Okay, I'll bite.

The Niners played a terrible first half. Chris Culliver was obviously out of his head, and it showed on the field. The back end of our D looked bad, and most of that is on Chris.

Now, putz...we'll get to why most Niner fans are livid with the officiating. A Raven (Williams, #29) shoved an official...and didn't draw a flag. The rule book says he should have been ejected. Ray Lewis PUNCHED Delanie Walker after the whistle...no flag. On Jacoby Jones' record setting return, he raced right through Bruce Miller's lane...while Miller was being held by two Ravens...4 fist gulls of jersey, no flag.

But the killer is this: Chris Culliver is flagged for PI on a play where he did largely the same thing that Jimmy Smith did to Crabtree.the only difference? Culliver was turned and looking for the ball. Smith just grabbed Crabtree's jersey and wouldn't let go.

Are we frustrated? You bet. Did our team miss a BOATLOAD of opportunities? Absolutely. Are you being a completely classless troll right now? You bet.

When your team loses over half of its 22 pending free agents, falls to pieces, and self destructs, I will laugh myself silly. And when I do, I'll have comfort in the fact that you'll likely be hiding in the corner of your mom's basement in a Stabby McOnearm jersey, fapping to this years Super Bowl highlights.

Beat it, scrub.

I think if you and I ever watched a game together, the planet would explode.

I agree amigo. It would tear a hole in the space/time continuum.

If you, me and Corey watched a game together, the atmosphere would ignite.

If you, Stacey, me and Corey watched a game together, it would create a singularity that would engulf all opposing fans, whisking them off to another dimension.

We gotta make this happen bro

So, if I understand you correctly, we all will be seeing each other about this time next year in NJ?

We need to make it out to Candlestick one more time, hopefully with a better result than our last visit, Jim's lucky shorts and all.

Even though I'm still VERY new to WZ, I will be attending a 49ers game at the 'Stick next year. I HAVE TO, since I've never been able to attend a 49ers game there. When I did live in SF (88-89-90) I couldn't afford/find a ticket. Not an issue now Maybe I'll get the opportunity to meet a few of you fine folks there.

Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Yup. He had a play on it. If the pass was a little more in bounds he has a shot even with the hold.

It would have been an easy TD. Crabs actually did the right thing to fake the fade-stop and then run up. The only problem was that the hold didn't allow him to turn his body to run up.

Oh well. Man would it have been awesome to be a part of the greatest SB comeback ever. f**k!
Originally posted by Tman:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami 49ers have played from an early deficit in both playoff games so far. I think they score first today, and never trail.

I concur

Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

It would have been an easy TD. Crabs actually did the right thing to fake the fade-stop and then run up. The only problem was that the hold didn't allow him to turn his body to run up.

Oh well. Man would it have been awesome to be a part of the greatest SB comeback ever. f**k!

If the defender actually let Crabtree run his route without holding onto him, Crabtree had one hell of a shot to grab that ball. Well within his range. Looks to be only a foot out of his reach, if even. Horses**t no call.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

Also, there was a helmet to helmet, which gets called 10 out of 10 times now a days, on the play or two before this.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Also, there was a helmet to helmet, which gets called 10 out of 10 times now a days, on the play or two before this.

I read somewhere that there have only been 2 pass interference/holding calls within the last 2 minutes of the past 55 playoff games. Yes, it only amounts to 110 minutes of football, almost 2 full games, but in the last two minutes is desperation time. Should be a lot more than that.

Goodell needs to get this officiating worked out. Seems to me that there's "different rules" for the Playoffs. Let me see if I can find that link.

Forgot about that, but there sure was an uncalled helmet to helmet hit on Crabtree.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SFrush:

Forgot about that, but there sure was an uncalled helmet to helmet hit on Crabtree.

I yelled it out as soon as it happened. Defenseless receiver, check. Helmet to helmet hit, check. Flag, no show.
Share 49ersWebzone