There are 195 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS BALTIMORE RAVENS GAMEDAY THREAD- SUPER BOWL XLVII

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
My NFL draft wish list.... A WHOLE NEW SECONDARY...... Sorry when you roll out and just throw the ball in the air and they catch it.... We have problems.... Pass rusher!!! Big wide receivers!!!! IM SO DISGUSTED BY THIS PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!

Exactly.... Been saying our secondary sucks for weeks

Have you had anything positive to say about the 49ers? Or are you just a complete troll?
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
My NFL draft wish list.... A WHOLE NEW SECONDARY...... Sorry when you roll out and just throw the ball in the air and they catch it.... We have problems.... Pass rusher!!! Big wide receivers!!!! IM SO DISGUSTED BY THIS PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!

Exactly.... Been saying our secondary sucks for weeks

Have you had anything positive to say about the 49ers? Or are you just a complete troll?
Yup 1994 was awesome ... since a lot of whatever
Can someone explain to me why we keep giving up these jump balls on defense. The Falcons and Ravens both threw up some complete prayer balls that had no business even being thrown and yet their guys always came down with them. Very frustrating to hear everyone talk about how these were such great plays by the Ravens, Falcons etc. They were complete prayers. The Ravens did it against the Broncos too. More times than not those type of garbage throws are picked off. Guess they truly are a team of destiny. Everything rolled their way.
  • Tical
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Can someone explain to me why we keep giving up these jump balls on defense. The Falcons and Ravens both threw up some complete prayer balls that had no business even being thrown and yet their guys always came down with them. Very frustrating to hear everyone talk about how these were such great plays by the Ravens, Falcons etc. They were complete prayers. The Ravens did it against the Broncos too. More times than not those type of garbage throws are picked off. Guess they truly are a team of destiny. Everything rolled their way.

They're not prayers if they keep getting caught are they? If your wr has the skills to snatch a ball thrown in his area, then they are good throws. 49ers db's just got outmuscled 1-on-1 fair and square. Maybe 49ers should have done that more with Randy Moss, a man that has made a career out of snatching balls out of the air
[ Edited by Tical on Feb 5, 2013 at 7:03 AM ]
Originally posted by Tical:
Originally posted by NinerG94:

They're not prayers if they keep getting caught are they? If your wr has the skills to snatch a ball thrown in his area, then they are good throws. 49ers db's just got outmuscled 1-on-1 fair and square. Maybe 49ers should have done that more with Randy Moss, a man that has made a career out of snatching balls out of the air

Wow. Two days later and still here? Get a life and let us mourn junior.

You call them what you want. Maybe they weren't prayers but they WERE jump balls. When the qb is throwing it up last second to avoid a sack or running out of bounds I call them prayers. I give credit to the Ravens receivers for getting into postion to make the catches. NOT to Joe Flacco. Those were spectacular catches not so much great throws. I'm not trying to take anything away from the Ravens. I was pulling for them throughout the playoffs.

I'm trying to figure out why we repeatedly are not getting into position to take some of those throws away or atleast make a play on them. Its something we did well all season until the NFC championship game. We were out of position play after play in the secondary and its not because our guys are not good and it certainly is not because the Ravens WR's are THAT good. We beat much better passing offenses this season.
  • Tical
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Just stopping by. As you were widowers...

It's cool be proud of your hollowed win
Is anyone else still sick and distraught? Man...it's going to take a LONG time for me to get over this. It's so bad I can barley talk about the game itself let alone watch anything football related. Wish I had the mentality that this is "just a game" but it doesn't feel that way for me. The 49ers are my life. May not get over this until we win the SB, which God knows when that will happen.
[ Edited by KaepernickFan on Feb 5, 2013 at 7:51 AM ]
Originally posted by KaepernickFan:
Is anyone else still sick and distraught? Man...it's going to take a LONG time for me to get over this. It's so bad I can barley talk about the game itself let alone watch anything football related. Wish I had the mentality that this is "just a game" but it doesn't feel that way for me. The 49ers are my life. May not get over this until we win the SB, which God knows when that will happen.

Wouldnt say Im sick over it. But I will admit Ive been looking for articles about FA and the draft all day today. Anything else to focus on.

Originally posted by frozen49er:

Wouldnt say Im sick over it. But I will admit Ive been looking for articles about FA and the draft all day today. Anything else to focus on.

Same here bro. The sooner we get to 49er related transactions (FA, the Draft) the better. That's the only positive I can think of at the moment.
Except of trying to make the game safer, the commish needs to closely look at the officiating. Real or replacement, the system needs to be totally reformed. Even some replacement refs said they weren't given enough time to prepare for these types of games.

Jerome Bogar seems to be the poster boy of this problem.

As you were unemployed loser.

I feel the same way. I cannot watch ESPN or NFL network, or listen to Colin Cowpatty. I am proud of my team, and knowing we were so close to the win hurts. We have a good young team and a promising future. We finally have a playmaking star franchise QB! Our future is bright for several years. I love my team, and I am always proud to wear my Niners' colors.
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Originally posted by horsecore:
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Originally posted by Bmorefan:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Just leave. Enjoy it.

Why didnt you tell me that a week ago?...noooooo you guys gave me the buisness. How Old the Ravens were.....How Kaep was going to run all over us. I got so much flack and now you want me to leave. No one asked me to leave then.

Okay, I'll bite.

The Niners played a terrible first half. Chris Culliver was obviously out of his head, and it showed on the field. The back end of our D looked bad, and most of that is on Chris.

Now, putz...we'll get to why most Niner fans are livid with the officiating. A Raven (Williams, #29) shoved an official...and didn't draw a flag. The rule book says he should have been ejected. Ray Lewis PUNCHED Delanie Walker after the whistle...no flag. On Jacoby Jones' record setting return, he raced right through Bruce Miller's lane...while Miller was being held by two Ravens...4 fist gulls of jersey, no flag.

But the killer is this: Chris Culliver is flagged for PI on a play where he did largely the same thing that Jimmy Smith did to Crabtree.the only difference? Culliver was turned and looking for the ball. Smith just grabbed Crabtree's jersey and wouldn't let go.

Are we frustrated? You bet. Did our team miss a BOATLOAD of opportunities? Absolutely. Are you being a completely classless troll right now? You bet.

When your team loses over half of its 22 pending free agents, falls to pieces, and self destructs, I will laugh myself silly. And when I do, I'll have comfort in the fact that you'll likely be hiding in the corner of your mom's basement in a Stabby McOnearm jersey, fapping to this years Super Bowl highlights.

Beat it, scrub.

I think if you and I ever watched a game together, the planet would explode.

I agree amigo. It would tear a hole in the space/time continuum.

If you, me and Corey watched a game together, the atmosphere would ignite.

If you, Stacey, me and Corey watched a game together, it would create a singularity that would engulf all opposing fans, whisking them off to another dimension.

We gotta make this happen bro

So, if I understand you correctly, we all will be seeing each other about this time next year in NJ?

We need to make it out to Candlestick one more time, hopefully with a better result than our last visit, Jim's lucky shorts and all.
Share 49ersWebzone