LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS BALTIMORE RAVENS GAMEDAY THREAD- SUPER BOWL XLVII

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Agree, wasnt pass intereference.

It was holding. Clear and blatant.
Your Cornerback held intentionally and you can tell. He held Crab on purpose to save the TD, which would have been smart. Just was never called for it.

Dont waste your time, it will just keep him around here longer....
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Agree, wasnt pass intereference.

It was holding. Clear and blatant.
Your Cornerback held intentionally and you can tell. He held Crab on purpose to save the TD, which would have been smart. Just was never called for it.

Can't be holding.. ball was in the air.. try again..
[ Edited by TheTruth52 on Feb 4, 2013 at 9:25 PM ]
"It was not an obvious foul and until I looked at it in slow motion, it seemed like no foul at all. It's not a penalty I would want called if I were still VP of Officiating for the NFL."

Pereira added it couldn't be called defensive holding because the ball was in the air. It had to be offensive or defensive pass interference.
Originally posted by TheTruth52:
"It was not an obvious foul and until I looked at it in slow motion, it seemed like no foul at all. It's not a penalty I would want called if I were still VP of Officiating for the NFL."

Pereira added it couldn't be called defensive holding because the ball was in the air. It had to be offensive or defensive pass interference.

Dude it was holding. Periera going to defend the officals because lots of them are his friends,but if you asked anyone other then Raven fans. They will tell you it was holding. Secondly,it clear you know your team got away with one or you wouldn't be sticking around.
i think it is time for all of us to stay away from the webzone and come back when FA start.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

Your right. I should just ignore the guy.
Originally posted by Tommyboy:
Your right. I should just ignore the guy.

Please do hopefully he will make his departure soon.
Originally posted by Beeker:

Come on man.. Flacco was well out of bounds when he was hit.. are you making up rules now.. as for Akers he did NOT get rolled up..the defender did not run or roll into his planted leg or any part of the Kicker.. Akers fell back as if off balance after the kick and might have brushed the defender who was on the ground.. MIGHT...

If you are crying for a 50/50 at best holding on the 4th and goal pass that landed a yard out of bounds..you must be willing to also appeal for the late hit out of bounds on Flacco in 3rd and goal.. cannot have your cake and eat it..

Come on man.. Flacco was well out of bounds when he was hit.. are you making up rules now.. as for Akers he did NOT get rolled up..the defender did not run or roll into his planted leg or any part of the Kicker.. Akers fell back as if off balance after the kick and might have brushed the defender who was on the ground.. MIGHT...

If you are crying for a 50/50 at best holding on the 4th and goal pass that landed a yard out of bounds..you must be willing to also appeal for the late hit out of bounds on Flacco in 3rd and goal.. cannot have your cake and eat it..

I suppose Ray Lewis didn't really punch Delanie Walker? Cary Williams didn't really shove an official? That Bruce Miller wasn't held by two players to create a lane for Jacoby Jones on his TD return?

Our team missed opportunities. Of that there is no question. We played a horrible first half. And this game featured some seriously rotten officiating.

That doesn't ease the sting of what just happened. I have been a fan of this team since 1976. Growing up, I got to watch all 5 of our Super Bowl wins....but this one was painful. My Dad and I made 49er Super Bowls tradition over the years. Not this year though...he passed away in September. It was my son's first. He's 15, and the last two seasons are his only real memory of the 49ers being any good. He's crushed.

Now, we get to hear Cary Williams, a classless douche, claim that the 49ers are pretenders. Now, we get to hear Mike Pereira come up with an excuse for our teams last gasp play (but hear nothing about Williams shoving an official. Nothing about Lewis punching our TE in front of an official. Nothing about holding on the return.

We each come here to cope in our own way. This is a place that has been a safe haven for many of us. A place to come, vent our frustrations and support each other in good times and bad.

Now, after the toughest loss in Franchise history, you and your pals come into our place to rub it in. Real classy.

Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Why are you still trolling this site Truth52?

I was on here for 2 Weeks prior to the Big Game.. did you want me to just not show up after the game.. suppose we had lost.. I am sure you would have wanted me here..

I wanted to see the denial of Niner Fans continue as I knew it would... the best team lost.. Refs, Lucky throws, etc.. etc..

BTW... Running into the Kicker on the missed field goal ??! Really ! Come on now... Akers may not be a good kicker but he is an excellent actor !

Oh.. and 3 and Goal.. Flacco killed out of Bounds... no whistle ? All I can hear about is a 50/50 pass interference on the last play of the game on a practically uncatchable ball..

Niners were Beat by a better team and were only in the game because of an unprecedented 35 Minute Time Out for a Team on its knees going nowhere fast..

Lets get real here.. the best team won.. period. Accept it and move on.

Ravens won. You didn't get anything out of it. Your life is just as s**tty as it was yesterday, except now you can raise your self esteem a little and maybe things will get better for you.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Feb 5, 2013 at 4:11 AM ]
Originally posted by Legbreaker:

I suppose Ray Lewis didn't really punch Delanie Walker? Cary Williams didn't really shove an official? That Bruce Miller wasn't held by two players to create a lane for Jacoby Jones on his TD return?

Our team missed opportunities. Of that there is no question. We played a horrible first half. And this game featured some seriously rotten officiating.

That doesn't ease the sting of what just happened. I have been a fan of this team since 1976. Growing up, I got to watch all 5 of our Super Bowl wins....but this one was painful. My Dad and I made 49er Super Bowls tradition over the years. Not this year though...he passed away in September. It was my son's first. He's 15, and the last two seasons are his only real memory of the 49ers being any good. He's crushed.

Now, we get to hear Cary Williams, a classless douche, claim that the 49ers are pretenders. Now, we get to hear Mike Pereira come up with an excuse for our teams last gasp play (but hear nothing about Williams shoving an official. Nothing about Lewis punching our TE in front of an official. Nothing about holding on the return.

We each come here to cope in our own way. This is a place that has been a safe haven for many of us. A place to come, vent our frustrations and support each other in good times and bad.

Now, after the toughest loss in Franchise history, you and your pals come into our place to rub it in. Real classy.

The worst thing is this is my first superbowl I have lived to see. To have it be such a heart breaker just kills me. Damnit I wish we lost in Atlanta so much now.
WHO'S GOT IT BETTER THAN US?! NOBODY!! #49ERS #QuestForSix
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
My NFL draft wish list.... A WHOLE NEW SECONDARY...... Sorry when you roll out and just throw the ball in the air and they catch it.... We have problems.... Pass rusher!!! Big wide receivers!!!! IM SO DISGUSTED BY THIS PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!

Exactly.... Been saying our secondary sucks for weeks
Share 49ersWebzone