There are 52 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS BALTIMORE RAVENS GAMEDAY THREAD- SUPER BOWL XLVII

Originally posted by mryan1004:
Do it more than once then talk about elite, he was a lucky catch against denver and a gift from the refs away from not making it and losing his first and only super bowl appearance. Baltimore is going to blow their load on paying him while they lose many important pieces. Good luck selling that he is the "best of the elite" he's done with super bowl appearances

All I can say to you is.. take that frown and turn it di oddah way around.. don't be a cloud on a sunny day !
[ Edited by TheTruth52 on Feb 4, 2013 at 7:05 PM ]
Do it more than once then talk about elite, he was a lucky catch against denver and a gift from the refs away from not making it and losing his first and only super bowl appearance. Baltimore is going to blow their load on paying him while they lose many important pieces. Good luck selling that he is the "best of the elite" he's done with super bowl appearances

I agree there going to spend way to much on Flacco lose Boldin who is the main reason Flacco looked so good and a big part of Torrey Smiths success, and without Boldin everything will fall apart in there high flying offense.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheTruth52:

All I can say to you is.. take that frown and turn it di oddah way around.. don't be a cloud on a sunny day !
some fans here know why we lost and it had nothing to do with refs and all that b******t conspiracy blather. we were out played, out bullied, out coached, out punched and in the hours after the game led by our coach,,, we got outclassed with all of the whiny b***hing about refs
Originally posted by cciowa:
some fans here know why we lost and it had nothing to do with refs and all that b******t conspiracy blather. we were out played, out bullied, out coached, out punched and in the hours after the game led by our coach,,, we got outclassed with all of the whiny b***hing about refs

It certainly had something to do with the refs. If holding was called on the TD return, if PI was called, if Williams gets ejected...All of these were factors in the outcome of the game.

True for the first half and first play of the second.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
I agree there going to spend way to much on Flacco lose Boldin who is the main reason Flacco looked so good and a big part of Torrey Smiths success, and without Boldin everything will fall apart in there high flying offense.

Ozzie Newsome is a Genius.. as evidence by the success of the Ravens...

"The Ravens became the fifth team to win their first two Super Bowl appearances, joining the 49ers, Pittsburgh Steelers, Green Bay Packers and New York Giants.

They snapped a four-game win streak by the NFC in Super Bowls, becoming the first AFC team to win one since the 2008 Steelers.

The Ravens are 8-1 all-time as a No. 4 seed in the postseason. Both of their Super Bowl wins came as a No. 4 seed, with the other coming in the 2000 season.

Baltimore's .667 winning percentage (14-7) is the best of any team in NFL history."
Man, this sucks. Five. f**king. Yards.

I'm not going to put it all on the refs as i'm not one to complain about them, they are human, however, a non-call led to a touchdown and prevented one, so yes their lack changed the game. Not fumbling, not throwing the interception, not giving up the big pass may or may not have made them void but don't rule out the damage done by these refs
[ Edited by mryan1004 on Feb 4, 2013 at 7:14 PM ]
Why are you still trolling this site Truth52?
Ozzie Newsome is a Genius.. as evidence by the success of the Ravens...

"The Ravens became the fifth team to win their first two Super Bowl appearances, joining the 49ers, Pittsburgh Steelers, Green Bay Packers and New York Giants.

They snapped a four-game win streak by the NFC in Super Bowls, becoming the first AFC team to win one since the 2008 Steelers.

The Ravens are 8-1 all-time as a No. 4 seed in the postseason. Both of their Super Bowl wins came as a No. 4 seed, with the other coming in the 2000 season.

Baltimore's .667 winning percentage (14-7) is the best of any team in NFL history."

Ooooh, 14 postseason wins.

I was on here for 2 Weeks prior to the Big Game.. did you want me to just not show up after the game.. suppose we had lost.. I am sure you would have wanted me here..

I wanted to see the denial of Niner Fans continue as I knew it would... the best team lost.. Refs, Lucky throws, etc.. etc..

BTW... Running into the Kicker on the missed field goal ??! Really ! Come on now... Akers may not be a good kicker but he is an excellent actor !

Oh.. and 3 and Goal.. Flacco killed out of Bounds... no whistle ? All I can hear about is a 50/50 pass interference on the last play of the game on a practically uncatchable ball..

Niners were Beat by a better team and were only in the game because of an unprecedented 35 Minute Time Out for a Team on its knees going nowhere fast..

Lets get real here.. the best team won.. period. Accept it and move on.
[ Edited by TheTruth52 on Feb 4, 2013 at 7:37 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

I was on here for 2 Weeks prior to the Big Game.. did you want me to just not show up after the game.. suppose we had lost.. I am sure you would have wanted me here..

I wanted to see the denial of Niner Fans continue as I knew it would... the best team lost.. Refs, Lucky throws, etc.. etc..

BTW... Running into the Kicker on the missed field goal ??! Really ! Come on now... Akers may not be a good kicker but he is an excellent kicker !

Oh.. and 3 and Goal.. Flacco killed out of Bounds... no whistle ? All I can hear about is a 50/50 pass interference on the last play of the game on a practically uncatchable ball..

Niners were Beat by a better team and were only in the game because of an unprecedented 35 Minute Time Out for a Team on its knees going nowhere fast..

they did, you won, you deserve it, the best team won, ok? time to move on

This. Plus 1.

BTW... Running into the Kicker on the missed field goal ??! Really ! Come on now... Akers may not be a good kicker but he is an excellent kicker !

So GTFO here already. Go enjoy your SB win.

But if your just here to incite members i would say its time to move on and celebrate with your fellow fans.

On your BTW, It shouldn't have been a 5 yard penalty for hitting Akers, it actually should have been a 15 yarder because when a kickers leg is still in the air he is extremely vulnerable to injury and Akers leg was in the air when he got rolled up, its a safety rule similar to the one you want Flacco protected by but unfortunatly the tackle on flacco started inbounds so there is no rule against that. unless he had taken more then 2 steps which he had not. I have no problem saying we got beat, but by the better team I will not admit. The reason people are angry about the final pass was the same exact type of penalty had been called on the opposite side of the field and put the Ravens in position to score. Its a legimate argument but it makes no difference anymore. The game and the season is over. Now go back to your Ravens sites.