LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS BALTIMORE RAVENS GAMEDAY THREAD- SUPER BOWL XLVII

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 4ever9ers:
As many Superbowl Rings as murders.

And as many flags yesterday as murders.
My NFL draft wish list.... A WHOLE NEW SECONDARY...... Sorry when you roll out and just throw the ball in the air and they catch it.... We have problems.... Pass rusher!!! Big wide receivers!!!! IM SO DISGUSTED BY THIS PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by titan:
I could live with all the non calls for the Ravens, but the final pass interferance on Crabtree was ridiculous!

I think the last 4 plays called was ridiculous. That play to Crabtree was a "desperation" play in my opinion. The last play of the game and you throw a fadaway? Oh and 3 out of 4 pass plays?!?!?

Despite how the game started and how we played, we had 4 tries from the 5 yard line to win the game and we couldn't get it in. That right there was a Montana/Young like drive and we couldn't do it.
[ Edited by Baldie on Feb 4, 2013 at 5:30 AM ]
I think coaches should be allowed to smack their players
49ers had two weeks to prepare, and start Super Bowl by lining up wrong
By Frank Schwab | Shutdown Corner – 13 hours ago
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Didn't we learn? They new what the play was going to be 3-4 days before.... BLAME NO ONE BUT THE TEAM.
"I mean, it felt like there was a lot of contact," Crabtree said. "I don't even want to say this, but if the ball had been a little lower, giving me a chance to make a play, I'm sure they would've called it (the penalty)."

Also what I was thinking... but didn't want to be the one to say it.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/kaepernick-i-made-too-many-mistakes
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by titan:
I could live with all the non calls for the Ravens, but the final pass interferance on Crabtree was ridiculous!

I think the last 4 plays called was ridiculous. That play to Crabtree was a "desperation" play in my opinion. The last play of the game and you throw a fadaway? Oh and 3 out of 4 pass plays?!?!?

Despite how the game started and how we played, we had 4 tries from the 5 yard line to win the game and we couldn't get it in. That right there was a Montana/Young like drive and we couldn't do it.

I was thinking a zone-read or big set run/play action combo myself because the 49ers o-line had been working the Ravens up to the 4 yard line. Oh well........
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
"I mean, it felt like there was a lot of contact," Crabtree said. "I don't even want to say this, but if the ball had been a little lower, giving me a chance to make a play, I'm sure they would've called it (the penalty)."

Also what I was thinking... but didn't want to be the one to say it.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/kaepernick-i-made-too-many-mistakes

I said the same thing earlier. It was a 50/50 call but the refs might've been more obligated to call it if the ball was in his range to catch it.

But Crabtree cannot be critical of Kaepernick when at the same time he ran just a TERRIBLE route. He should've known it was a blitz and he should've bolted to the corner instead of running right at the DB.
[ Edited by Kaep4MVP on Feb 4, 2013 at 5:51 AM ]
  • dmax
  • Veteran
do we go after revis now...i say yes
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dmax:

Panic, much?

No. We're young and have proven to be a force in the nfl. Stay young in the draft. Don't waste it all on 1 guy.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

Panic, much?

ignore major issue much?
Secondary sucks..... No exaggeration. When you roll out on 3rd and throw a prayer and they catch the ball.?? Whitner on that first td looked lost. It's the end zone!!!!!!! How does a defender get behind u in the freaking end zone!!!!!!!!!! We went threw this last year again!! Back to back heartbreaking season..... 5 freaking penalties..
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Secondary and pass rush definitely need upgraded in the draft.

We're getting pressure but if the QB gets out of the pocket we seem unable to catch him, Aldon looks really gassed when he pursues - and when he doesn't he over pursues and lets QB slip him.

Beyond that, NFC championship game and SB the other team were able to essentially launch hail mary's down field and we let the receivers go up for them unchallenged.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by mayo49:

Panic, much?

ignore major issue much?

It'd be great to get our hands on Revis. I just don't know how we get him under the cap, and I think it's reasonable to ask what kind of Revis is going to be coming back from the injury.

That said, it's never a bad idea to have too many excellent CBs.
[ Edited by BubbaParisMVP on Feb 4, 2013 at 7:49 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone