LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 438 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS BALTIMORE RAVENS GAMEDAY THREAD- SUPER BOWL XLVII

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kaep4MVP:
I don't know why people are even complaining about the holding in the end zone on the safety. Throwing a flag would've had the same effect on the outcome of the play, a safety. There wouldn't have been more time for us if a flag was called. Jim's choices would've been to A. accept the penalty and get 2 points or B. decline the penalty and 2 points. No difference in time. It was just a very smart plan by the Ravens.

And I don't mind the no call at the end. The playcall or play change by Kaep(whichever it was) was just atrocious. The ref had a 50/50 call to decide from and he decided against the call everyone here wanted, so of course everyone will hate it and say the refs cheated us out of the game. We don't play like s**t in the 1st half there are none of the excuses, simple as that.

The result of the play isn't the point. The point is that the refs obviously made numerous "non calls" which in some cases had a direct impact in the eventual outcome of the Super Bowl. Whether it was direct points like in Jacobys return, a PI to keep a Ravens play alive or a non call to stuff the Niners it was a poorly officiated game from start to finish. The holding at the end of the game just serves as yet another example of what I would term "willful blindness" on the part of the officiating crew.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Very disappointing, this one will sting for a while. 1st and goal from the 7 and we couldn't punch it in. f**k me.
Originally posted by Mookster:
The result of the play isn't the point. The point is that the refs obviously made numerous "non calls" which in some cases had a direct impact in the eventual outcome of the Super Bowl. Whether it was direct points like in Jacobys return, a PI to keep a Ravens play alive or a non call to stuff the Niners it was a poorly officiated game from start to finish. The holding at the end of the game just serves as yet another example of what I would term "willful blindness" on the part of the officiating crew.

What if the refs knew to hold their flags because they knew it'd have the same results? What if John told them this is "what we're going to do."?

There's no rule against doing it. I guess if you want the refs to throw the flag to clear things up that would've been fine. But it's not a big deal.

And I thought the officials did fine this game. It was consistent on both sides and they let the players play.
So disgusted... Disgusted by the first half.... Disgusted our secondary... Disgusted by the penalties. How many more seasons do I have to go threw with disappointments???? Back to back years where we was so close. I thought our team was ready? How we came out in the first half was so horrible!!? Our secondary sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Feb 4, 2013 at 3:54 AM ]
Originally posted by Mookster:

What if the refs knew to hold their flags because they knew it'd have the same results? What if John told them this is "what we're going to do."?

There's no rule against doing it. I guess if you want the refs to throw the flag to clear things up that would've been fine. But it's not a big deal.

And I thought the officials did fine this game. It was consistent on both sides and they let the players play.

Come on we got boned in that regard. We should have got a flag our way on the face mask or the painful offensive pass interference that in retrospect cost us the game.
Originally posted by BayArea:
Come on we got boned in that regard. We should have got a flag our way on the face mask or the painful offensive pass interference that in retrospect cost us the game.

The Ravens had some calls that didn't go their way in this game just as much as there were for us. Flacco was hit out of bounds that should've kept their play alive and a deep ball to Torrey Smith there was PI on him that wasn't called. We didn't get boned and we didn't lose the game because of the refs.
The Ravens had some calls that didn't go their way in this game just as much as there were for us. Flacco was hit out of bounds that should've kept their play alive and a deep ball to Torrey Smith there was PI on him that wasn't called. We didn't get boned and we didn't lose the game because of the refs.
Your a troll! Ban ban ban
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
Your a troll! Ban ban ban

Why am I a troll? Just because I don't look at things in a biased manner? Whatever, I'm just as pissed as anyone else that we lost, but I'm not going to blame the refs for it.
2 weeks to prepare and we come out undisciplined. That first have our defense couldn't get off the the field and flacco just kept throwing Hail Marys and they kept going down with it. Our pass rush sucked and our secondary sucked rhino b@!!$. Culliver and Dante looked like fools on a couple of plays. WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank God there are some fans here that "get it"....there is holding on every single play in every single game in the NFL. What about the three plays before that? This is loser talk....There were bad calls on both sides . It happens. You want to blame the Ref's?.....go ahead....Loser talk. What about the first half? I see very few people give the Ravens for out playing the Niners. You lost....plain and simple. The Niners (like most fans here) thought they were going to run away with it. You want to call me a troll....go ahead. None of you were calling me a troll a week ago. Trust me....you will be back way before the Ravens ever see a SB again. What pisses me off I dont see one person giving the credit to the Ravens...

• titan
  • Veteran
I could live with all the non calls for the Ravens, but the final pass interferance on Crabtree was ridiculous!
Originally posted by Bmorefan:
Thank God there are some fans here that "get it"....there is holding on every single play in every single game in the NFL. What about the three plays before that? This is loser talk....There were bad calls on both sides . It happens. You want to blame the Ref's?.....go ahead....Loser talk. What about the first half? I see very few people give the Ravens for out playing the Niners. You lost....plain and simple. The Niners (like most fans here) thought they were going to run away with it. You want to call me a troll....go ahead. None of you were calling me a troll a week ago. Trust me....you will be back way before the Ravens ever see a SB again. What pisses me off I dont see one person giving the credit to the Ravens...

You're not looking hard enough... people are giving your team credit. Besides do you really want to look for sympathy from us? I don't think your trolling but your team just won the super bowl, go celebrate instead of arguing on here.
f**k the ravens. Whybare you looking for credit on a 49ers forum. Dont you have a murderer's jock strap to wash.

Go back to your crime infested city and continue rooting for a killer. It suits you guys.
Didn't we learn from the giants last year???? How can we come out so flat? You can't win when you get 5 penalties and turn the ball over. We did not learn our lesson. I feel sorry for Frank Gore. O one more thing. f&@k Randy Moss!!!!!!!?? f$&k ing bum should have at least went up for that ball... No effin effort!!!!! Watched the ball.
As many Superbowl Rings as murders.
Share 49ersWebzone