I am sure it was talked about already but a couple things to get off my chest.
1. What is with the play action fakes being called every play? We are down 28-6 and wasting time faking handoffs, HALF OF THE TIME TO NOBODY. How many fakes was Gore on the opposite side that Kap faked to? Why not spread it, go shotgun or traditional.
2. Way too many read option plays as well. I like them but not as a backbone. Seems like every play was play action or read option. Needed more standard plays. But the offense didn't really cost us the game although that last drive we wasted our downs.
3. All season long the secondary kept everything in front of them then in the playoffs we got beat deep left and right. What gives? Pass rush couldn't finish and everything went there way... props to Flacco and boldin but some of those were toss ups 20 yards in the backfield. Guess it was their night.
4. Brooks has great games at times and then others he disappears... this game I think he disappeared from what I remember. Aldon, Justin got pressure at times but was waiting for them to take over... didn't happen... still lots of pressure on flacco but we couldn't wrap up or finish sacks.
5. All season long we were great tacklers... in the SB it looked like we forgot how to tackle. So many missed tackles. So many long 3rd downs given up. So many penalties and mental mistakes. We should have won the game but we decided to have one of our worst games of the season... mentally and physically.
6. Kap (and the rest of the team) was full of mistakes tonight. Made some plays but was too hesitant to run at times. Cost us 4 points by hesitating to throw to an open crabtree for a 1st down and then made it even worse by not running when he would have had a td... ran when it was too late. Brooks and Aldon also cost us 4 points. James cost us points with that fumble... made me miss last years team because this team is more talented and had more potential but last year's team was more gritty, stingy, just got things done. Our defense regressed, ST regressed big time but the offense got better.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Feb 4, 2013 at 2:17 AM ]