There are 188 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS BALTIMORE RAVENS GAMEDAY THREAD- SUPER BOWL XLVII

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Like I said, drafting some good refs in the next draft is pivotal

Why? We didn't lose tonight because of the refs. The refs were very consistent tonight. No more excuses needed. We lost to a great team and if we were in Baltimores position everyone would be saying how it was a good no call at the end. Nobody can look at it in an unbiased angle. If you felt it should've been called then you should also feel Crabtree should've been called for PI. It would've been great to get 1 more chance to score but with the playcalling there what would've happened?

Personally, I felt the No call was the correct call, because Crabtree was the one to initiate contact past 5 yards so he could push off and get the TD. And I also felt the no call was the correct call because I'm DAMN sure I would've felt it was the correct call if we were on the defensive side.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,100 for THEB.
Originally posted by Kaep4MVP:
Why? We didn't lose tonight because of the refs. The refs were very consistent tonight. No more excuses needed. We lost to a great team and if we were in Baltimores position everyone would be saying how it was a good no call at the end. Nobody can look at it in an unbiased angle. If you felt it should've been called then you should also feel Crabtree should've been called for PI. It would've been great to get 1 more chance to score but with the playcalling there what would've happened?

Personally, I felt the No call was the correct call, because Crabtree was the one to initiate contact past 5 yards so he could push off and get the TD. And I also felt the no call was the correct call because I'm DAMN sure I would've felt it was the correct call if we were on the defensive side.

Go to 59 seconds and look at the amazing non-hold on Bruce Miller that was somehow missed even though it was the direct reason Jacoby ran through that seam.

He was held all the way from the 30 to the 40 yard line. thats 10 YARDS that the refs didnt see? i highly f**king doubt it.

• THEB
  • Veteran
Also 2 post=obvious troll, dont know why i bothered responding.
Originally posted by Tommyboy:
To the person that said we will meet the Ravens again the superbowl. I doubt it. I do think the 49ers will make it back in a few years,but I doubt the Ravens will. They are way over the cap and they wont have the same D.

hi tommyboy, i'm dangerbird
Shout out to my Tongan brothers on the dline who got rings
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Pretty Interesting, in regards to last drive.....

http://www.mercurynews.com/mark-purdy/ci_22514003/super-bowl-2013-purdy-it-was-game-ages

"I'm surprised they didn't try to run it with Frank Gore on any of those downs," said Baltimore defensive lineman Haloti Ngata. "He was the most dangerous back."
Fullback Bruce Miller defended the calls.
"We put the ball in the hands of a couple of guys who made the plays for us all year," Miller said. "Why not go back to them there?"
When asked why Gore didn't handle the ball on those last four plays, Harbaugh's answer was: "We had other plays called."

I don't see the issue with the play calls
Can't believe we lost this f**king game.

Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows
The #49ers are the first team with a 300-yard passer, a 100-yard rusher and two 100-yard receivers in the Super Bowl.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Quote:
The #49ers are the first team with a 300-yard passer, a 100-yard rusher and two 100-yard receivers in the Super Bowl.

I wish I never read this stat. It just adds to the pain.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Quote:

I wish I never read this stat. It just adds to the pain.

WE CAN THANK OUR WEAK ASS DEFENSE

THOSE f**kING f*gGOTS. They need to make aplay and they cannot.

f**k this defense, seriously.
Originally posted by THEB:

Go to 59 seconds and look at the amazing non-hold on Bruce Miller that was somehow missed even though it was the direct reason Jacoby ran through that seam.

He was held all the way from the 30 to the 40 yard line. thats 10 YARDS that the refs didnt see? i highly f**king doubt it.

You know, if refs called a perfect game there would be so many penalties that the nfl would be so annoying to watch. There's penalties on a lot of plays in the nfl. I'm sure if you watched the whole game again you could see holds on some of our long runs or passes that weren't called. The game wasn't rigged, they weren't doing things because it was Ray's last game, they missed the call, it sucks, but it happens.

We shouldn't be looking at 1 or 2 plays and think those were the reasons we lost. Because the truth is, we should've NEVER been down 28-6. That's OUR fault. That's not Niner football. I loved watching us come so close to coming back, Kaep has proven himself in this league and he is so fun to watch. It sucks that we couldn't finish, but it was a great 2nd half effort. And if we didn't get our doors completely blown off in the 1st half I truly believe we win this game. But it is what it is, and it was a great job by the Ravens.

Another thing. I wont be watching any sports shows a least intill late Feb. Just to painful.
[ Edited by Tommyboy on Feb 4, 2013 at 12:56 AM ]
Proud of this team we have a lot of warriors and all time greats. They gave em hell and almost came all the way back.
The better team did not win, because it starting to play way too late. If you want to win the SB, you have to play four quarters of football, not just two, less the first special team play of the second half. The 49ers had everything to succeed, but stepped on the field unprepared. This falls on the coaches. On the broader picture, the switch from AS to CK could, in my view, only be justified with a SB victory. This one falls on Jim Harbaugh. We still have a bitter taste and it will stay for quite some time. There are not that many opportunities to win the big game. Due to roster changes, we should expect a more difficult year next year, but we may be back in the SB in two to three years, with a then fully mature CK. Go Niners !
Originally posted by Kaep4MVP:
Originally posted by THEB:

You know, if refs called a perfect game there would be so many penalties that the nfl would be so annoying to watch. There's penalties on a lot of plays in the nfl. I'm sure if you watched the whole game again you could see holds on some of our long runs or passes that weren't called. The game wasn't rigged, they weren't doing things because it was Ray's last game, they missed the call, it sucks, but it happens.

We shouldn't be looking at 1 or 2 plays and think those were the reasons we lost. Because the truth is, we should've NEVER been down 28-6. That's OUR fault. That's not Niner football. I loved watching us come so close to coming back, Kaep has proven himself in this league and he is so fun to watch. It sucks that we couldn't finish, but it was a great 2nd half effort. And if we didn't get our doors completely blown off in the 1st half I truly believe we win this game. But it is what it is, and it was a great job by the Ravens.

Well as you can see, being down 22 points didnt lose us the game as we scored 31. It baffles me to hear people say that "if we would have done this or that earlier, we could have won the game". Well that would be true if we lived in an ideal world where early screw ups mean "you automatically lose the the game", then it would not be a 60 minute game in a sense would it? I have yet to see an NFL team play a perfect game, therefore it is unreasonable to expect one. Those 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, or 8 plays most certainly cost us the game. If we are going to lose the game on some innocent "botched or missed calls", then they need to be consistent on both sides. Now how many times have you seen that fade route to Crabs called an INT under the same circumstances in the NFL?

First, too much contact was made after 5 yards, second, when did they start allowing that much contact with a reciever once the ball in released? On a key 3rd down for the Ravens Culliver was whistled even though he was in better position AND made less contact. I understand that you dont want to go out like that, but it was obviously a going out festival for Ray Lewis and the Ravens organization.
[ Edited by Puckdaddy on Feb 4, 2013 at 1:54 AM ]
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
Well as you can see, being down 22 points didnt lose us the game as we scored 31. It baffles me to hear people say that "if we would have done this or that earlier, we could have won the game". Well that would be true if we lived in an ideal world where early screw ups mean "you automatically lose the the game", then it would not be a 60 minute game in a sense would it? I have yet to see an NFL team play a perfect game, therefore it is unreasonable to expect one. Those 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, or 8 plays most certainly cost us the game. If we are going to lose the game on some innocent "botched or missed calls", then they need to be consistent on both sides. Now how many times have you seen that fade route to Crabs called an INT under the same circumstances in the NFL?

First, too much contact was made after 5 yards, second, when did they start allowing that much contact with a reciever once the ball in released? On a key 3rd down for the Ravens Culliver was whistled even though he was in better position AND made less contact. I understand that you dont want to go out like that, but it was obviously a going out festival for Ray Lewis and the Ravens organization.

Obviously it's a 60 minute game, but if our team wouldn't have played like s**t the other 30 minutes then we wouldn't be seeing all of these excuses everyone has to make to plead our case. And the refs, for the most part, were consistent. You're just finding 2 plays that wasn't called our way to make it look inconsistent.

And I believe the no call was the right call. I was pissed that we went to the play in the first place and that we lost, but we didn't lose because it was the wrong call. There was so much contact because Crabtree initiated it. He was the one to run into the DB and then he was going to push off to create seperation for himself (even though the bad throw would've made it pointless) and the DB simply grabbed on to him to prevent it. It was a smart play by the DB and it sucks that we lost but it was a good no call.
Share 49ersWebzone