There are 145 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS BALTIMORE RAVENS GAMEDAY THREAD- SUPER BOWL XLVII



this is for you guys, cheer up.
[ Edited by Rocket4989 on Feb 3, 2013 at 11:12 PM ]
Pretty Interesting, in regards to last drive.....

http://www.mercurynews.com/mark-purdy/ci_22514003/super-bowl-2013-purdy-it-was-game-ages

"I'm surprised they didn't try to run it with Frank Gore on any of those downs," said Baltimore defensive lineman Haloti Ngata. "He was the most dangerous back."
Fullback Bruce Miller defended the calls.
"We put the ball in the hands of a couple of guys who made the plays for us all year," Miller said. "Why not go back to them there?"
When asked why Gore didn't handle the ball on those last four plays, Harbaugh's answer was: "We had other plays called."
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
3 years ago in that Chargers game, Justin Smith gets ejected for tapping a ref on the shoulder to get his attention, and this guy gets to stay in the game? Wow.

Like I said, drafting some good refs in the next draft is pivotal
Originally posted by MontanaSBGod:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
let see how many of these band wagoners are going to leave after today game.
Tell me about it

I was in the Buffalo game in the pouring rain in the stick. Last game of the season, we lost. A 6-10 season I believe.
Nobody was there. Its the year before superbowl. The 1st one.
And your point?
I just realized, the Ravens are undefeated at the Superbowl with multiple titles...
Originally posted by ION2814:
I just realized, the Ravens are undefeated at the Superbowl with multiple titles...

2-0 is nothing special. f**k them, this was their last hurrah before they go in the gutter for the next 10 years.
Originally posted by Rocket4989:


this is for you guys, cheer up.


lmao

ok
Originally posted by ION2814:
I just realized, the Ravens are undefeated at the Superbowl with multiple titles...


we will see them again in the SB
To be honest I was rooting for the Ravens because of this rivalry and all that, but now I see this as a mirror match to SB XL. The holding on the kickoff return, the offsides on the 2 pt conversion, uncalled pass interferences from the Ravens, and that pushing the ref debacle. I feel like you guys got robbed. It's like the Jerome Bettis "Homecoming" in XL; the NFL refs probably put some calls against the 49ers for Ray Lewis before he retires. I'm not saying that the Ravens should have been blown out since they did play well throughout the game, but the game should have been a close one with the 49ers winning. Well, hopefully we meet in 2014 at the NFC Championship game!
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Anymore proof needed? Ray Lewis' "last ride" got to the refs.

The real p*ss off will be when he gets huge fine from the Commissioners Office....... everyone saw it, the ref certainly felt it and no flag.....
To the person that said we will meet the Ravens again the superbowl. I doubt it. I do think the 49ers will make it back in a few years,but I doubt the Ravens will. They are way over the cap and they wont have the same D.
[ Edited by Tommyboy on Feb 3, 2013 at 11:49 PM ]
Originally posted by hawkfan:
To be honest I was rooting for the Ravens because of this rivalry and all that, but now I see this as a mirror match to SB XL. The holding on the kickoff return, the offsides on the 2 pt conversion, uncalled pass interferences from the Ravens, and that pushing the ref debacle. I feel like you guys got robbed. It's like the Jerome Bettis "Homecoming" in XL; the NFL refs probably put some calls against the 49ers for Ray Lewis before he retires. I'm not saying that the Ravens should have been blown out since they did play well throughout the game, but the game should have been a close one with the 49ers winning. Well, hopefully we meet in 2014 at the NFC Championship game!

I am sure it will be an NFC West team back in the Super Bowl next year and we lost because we should have given Gore a couple carries inside 5 yards. Hell he had 19 rushes for 110 yes and a TD already. Poor playcalling and we lost in the same manner you lost to ATL. The better team lost and it was mostly self imposed. We had a 300yd passer 2 100 yd rcvrs and a 110 yd rusher. As a team we rand 182yds and held Baltimore to 92 yds rushing. When you run and stop the run you have dominated and usually win but when you have 2 turnovers on what should be scoring drives and a 109yd kickoff return then don't tote the pill inside 5 yards to seal the deal, well then you stand the chance of losing
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Like I said, drafting some good refs in the next draft is pivotal

Why? We didn't lose tonight because of the refs. The refs were very consistent tonight. No more excuses needed. We lost to a great team and if we were in Baltimores position everyone would be saying how it was a good no call at the end. Nobody can look at it in an unbiased angle. If you felt it should've been called then you should also feel Crabtree should've been called for PI. It would've been great to get 1 more chance to score but with the playcalling there what would've happened?

Personally, I felt the No call was the correct call, because Crabtree was the one to initiate contact past 5 yards so he could push off and get the TD. And I also felt the no call was the correct call because I'm DAMN sure I would've felt it was the correct call if we were on the defensive side.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,750
Originally posted by Kaep4MVP:
Why? We didn't lose tonight because of the refs. The refs were very consistent tonight. No more excuses needed. We lost to a great team and if we were in Baltimores position everyone would be saying how it was a good no call at the end. Nobody can look at it in an unbiased angle. If you felt it should've been called then you should also feel Crabtree should've been called for PI. It would've been great to get 1 more chance to score but with the playcalling there what would've happened?

Personally, I felt the No call was the correct call, because Crabtree was the one to initiate contact past 5 yards so he could push off and get the TD. And I also felt the no call was the correct call because I'm DAMN sure I would've felt it was the correct call if we were on the defensive side.



Go to 59 seconds and look at the amazing non-hold on Bruce Miller that was somehow missed even though it was the direct reason Jacoby ran through that seam.

He was held all the way from the 30 to the 40 yard line. thats 10 YARDS that the refs didnt see? i highly f**king doubt it.

  • THEB
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,750
Also 2 post=obvious troll, dont know why i bothered responding.