There are 163 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS BALTIMORE RAVENS GAMEDAY THREAD- SUPER BOWL XLVII

Originally posted by luis1985:
I rather not make it to the Super Bowl. Now our history is tainted by two things that made us awesome which was no interceptions and never lost a Super Bowl. Now its tainted. There is no guarantee that we are coming back even to the playoffs. This was our year to make it. For sure though Roman need to be fired ASAP IMO. We need DBs by free agency and draft by moving up big time. Also lots of Dline help.

I don't think tainted is the word I would call it.
I rather not make it to the Super Bowl. Now our history is tainted by two things that made us awesome which was no interceptions and never lost a Super Bowl. Now its tainted. There is no guarantee that we are coming back even to the playoffs. This was our year to make it. For sure though Roman need to be fired ASAP IMO. We need DBs by free agency and draft by moving up big time. Also lots of Dline help.

We will be in the playoffs next year , too talented, but as the wildcard cause I think seahawks are friggin stacked pending what we do in the offseason
Also for my generation that hasn't seen a Super Bowl this hurts even more. We have been following this teams through many tough years and never seen a championship. This has me bummed big time. What a disgrace.
Originally posted by nanticoke:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
You guys are ridiculous with this karma b******t.

And by the way these refs wouldn't have mattered if our defense played sound disciplined football in the first half. We couldn't even f**king tackle.

Kudos to almost coming back but damn...it was a poor display all around. No sense of urgency until it was too late.

+1

I take it your both Alex Smith haters? If so, welcome to Karma.
Also for my generation that hasn't seen a Super Bowl this hurts even more. We have been following this teams through many tough years and never seen a championship. This has me bummed big time. What a disgrace.
Originally posted by Baldie:
I just feel like this season went by so fast. Now nothign to do until September.

Going to take until opening day of the regular season for me to get over this loss. Goddamit dude...
Those 3 passes in a row at the end did us in--straight is. If we had run 3 time Sunna row we would likely have won. I have seen every Niner Super Bowl, and this is clearly the weakest tea m to date. Horrible pass defensemse and the play calling sucked at the end....We honestly should've had the lead with 2 min left.
i guess if it worked for Ray.... maybe J.Smith should have looked into that deer antler spray

Isn't that a little apocalyptic? It was a stinker turned great game - one in which the 49ers had their chances to win - and I am proud of what the 49ers have accomplished under Harbaugh. Kaepernick proved he belongs on the games biggest stage this is a team that has every chance of being a great one 5 years down the line. Sure, I could argue about the Ed Reed offside or the interference on Crabtree at the end, but the 49ers still had multiple shots to win it.

We saw a great performance by the o-line, a great performance by our future in Kaep, Davis, and Crabtree, and most of all we saw a resilient team.

Sure, losing sucks, but life goes on.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Feb 3, 2013 at 8:45 PM ]
I agree that there was holding on the 4th down play. But if the refs were going to call that they would've needed to call Offensive Pass Interference on Crabtree as well, resulting in a reset on 4th down. But you can't blame the game on the refs, we lost the game and the Ravens won fair and square. No more excuses, we need to take the loss and try to get this team back here as soon as possible.

And I don't know why people were pissed at all on the Ravens holding during the safety. Do people not realize the clock will still drain and holding in the end zone is a safety anyways? So it would've been the same result regardless and the Ravens were smart enough to know that and probably told them to hold blatantly.
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:

no alex smith hater here...i have his rookie card with piece of his jersey...wish he could have been the next Montana...
so save it!!!

And by the way these refs wouldn't have mattered if our defense played sound disciplined football in the first half. We couldn't even f**king tackle.

Kudos to almost coming back but damn...it was a poor display all around. No sense of urgency until it was too late.

+1

I don't hate Smith at all, so does karma play a factor in my situation? Oh wait....karma doesn't even exist. Hmmm. OK. Yea, Smith is good as gone in the offseason via trade or release. Better prepare for that buddy while you can. Kap is going to be our franchise QB for a long time to come. Get use to it.
just keep it real not unrealistic
[ Edited by nanticoke on Feb 3, 2013 at 8:53 PM ]

+1

Yeah, We lost Bc we benched a SB quarterback