SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS BALTIMORE RAVENS GAMEDAY THREAD- SUPER BOWL XLVII

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Harbaugh is going to be kicking himself for calling 4 pass plays from the five for the Championship. Him and Roman deserve blame for it.

^^^^^^ egregious mistake here

Didn't they run it on first down with LMJ?
Yeah the 1st play. Was Gore hurt or something? Ngata out? Hint hint?

Who knows though, we'd would have to go for 2 to make it a 3 point game if we score the TD and give Flacco plenty of time to drive the field for a fg to tie or td to win.

I would have taken my chances on the defense if we took the lead.
You know what this reminds me of?

Marino vs Montana. Everybody talked about Marino and how are they going to stop their offense. Nobody talked about Joe. In the end its the veteran that comes out ahead.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I'm not even devastated about this loss for some reason. To have a chance to win the game down 22 points in the second half is very hard to accomplish and damn impressive we nearly pulled it off.

That Lamichael James fumbled screwed us badly. We were moving the ball with ease down four points and from that point the momentum swung to Baltimore badly.
In my head I have to keep thinking, "this is just football" because that's how I can reconcile this event in my life.
In my head I have to keep thinking, "this is just football" because that's how I can reconcile this event in my life.
Originally posted by Mookster:
Originally posted by mryan1004:
i hear you bro, but it was not a good no call, crabs was just trying to break free of the handcuff. In retrospect the 9ers should have done more to not have to rely on that call alone. It sucks regardless, We have our work cut out and seattle will be tough

That wasn't a good "non call" and even the Ravens fan I was sitting with said it was a clear penalty. That puts us first and goal on the 3......, but what it really comes down to is spotting a good team 20 points before Roman gets his head out of his a*** and calls something other than a vanilla offense. Horrible play calling with first and goal...... Why not pound the crap out of them like we had all 2nd half? Nooooo...... Lets throw the ball.....

Yes, I admit I'm bitter.......

It was definitely a hold and no doubt should of been 1st and goal at the 1. Refs screwed us big time on that one. Still blame Roman for the horrid playcalling, but on that 4th and goal play, that should of been a penalty. Still in disbelief that it wasn't.
Originally posted by Mookster:
Originally posted by mryan1004:
i hear you bro, but it was not a good no call, crabs was just trying to break free of the handcuff. In retrospect the 9ers should have done more to not have to rely on that call alone. It sucks regardless, We have our work cut out and seattle will be tough

That wasn't a good "non call" and even the Ravens fan I was sitting with said it was a clear penalty. That puts us first and goal on the 3......, but what it really comes down to is spotting a good team 20 points before Roman gets his head out of his a*** and calls something other than a vanilla offense. Horrible play calling with first and goal...... Why not pound the crap out of them like we had all 2nd half? Nooooo...... Lets throw the ball.....

Yes, I admit I'm bitter.......

It was definitely a hold and no doubt should of been 1st and goal at the 1. Refs screwed us big time on that one. Still blame Roman for the horrid playcalling, but on that 4th and goal play, that should of been a penalty. Still in disbelief that it wasn't.
In my head I have to keep thinking, "this is just football" because that's the only way I can reconcile this event in my life.
And no mention of John Harbaugh walking all the way to the 20 yard line so he can check on the 49ers formation...... Blatant bench penalty but we have to call a time out......

Marino vs Montana. Everybody talked about Marino and how are they going to stop their offense. Nobody talked about Joe. In the end its the veteran that comes out ahead.

• Baldie
  • Veteran
I would have taken my chances on the defense if we took the lead.
Originally posted by MontanaSBGod:

and marino never won one.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
I just feel like this season went by so fast. Now nothign to do until September.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by MontanaSBGod:

and marino never won one.

Montana beat Marino
Originally posted by Baldie:
I just feel like this season went by so fast. Now nothign to do until September.

APRIL....draft is huge!!
Share 49ersWebzone