There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS BALTIMORE RAVENS GAMEDAY THREAD- SUPER BOWL XLVII

Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
I'M JACKED!

That isn't what I wanted to hear. Now I am nervous.

You wanted to hear about the tingling?

Tingle report, please
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Beeker:
I'M JACKED!

That isn't what I wanted to hear. Now I am nervous.

You wanted to hear about the tingling?

Tingle report, please

Tomorrow morning.
You can throw out any stat you wish, or what number as to who will win, but the biggest reason I think we win tomorrow is one thing, HEART. -Unlike the Ravens, this team is running off of pure comradery; these guys are fighting for each other, not just 'one' person, nor the heavy burden of emotion (which will be Baltimore's biggest flaw going into tomorrow).

This team just has something magical to it, you can see & FEEL it during all the candid moments, like the 'team photo' session, and locker room images/NFL Films segments. These guys are like a family, and you can see it, and how bad they want it. -Up until Jim Harbaugh became our coach, I've never seen offensive guys hug/laugh with the defensive guys since our 'Dynasty Days'. -We have the most complete bond of any team, and that's why we came back and won in Atlanta.

Now don't go nuts, but this team has that complete bond/focus I saw in the Giants towards the final stretch of the 2011 season, these guys know who they are, and what they WANT this time around (we didn't have 'that' fire last year, and it was obvious; our mentality was too 'Cinderella'). -I look at the Ravens, and I see a team making too many promises, too many guarantees, playing for only one guy, and one emotion more-so than the big picture. Well emotion itself only takes you so far... cause it's pure determination what wins games.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Feb 2, 2013 at 6:02 PM ]
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
You can throw out any stat you wish, or what number as to who will win, but the biggest reason I think we win tomorrow is one thing, HEART. -Unlike the Ravens, this team is running off of pure comradery; these guys are fighting for each other, not just 'one' person, nor the heavy burden of emotion (which will be Baltimore's biggest flaw going into tomorrow).

This team just has something magical to it, you can see & FEEL it during all the candid moments, like the 'team photo' session, and locker room images/NFL Films segments. These guys are like a family, and you can see it, and how bad they want it. -Up until Jim Harbaugh became our coach, I've never seen offensive guys hug/laugh with the defensive guys since our 'Dynasty Days'. -We have the most complete bond of any team, and that's why we came back and won in Atlanta.

Now don't go nuts, but this team has that complete bond/focus I saw in the Giants towards the final stretch of the 2011 season, these guys know who they are, and what they WANT this time around (we didn't have 'that' fire last year, and it was obvious; our mentality was too 'Cinderella'). -I look at the Ravens, and I see a team making too many promises, too many guarantees, playing for only one guy, and one emotion more-so than the big picture. Well emotion itself only takes you so far... cause it's pure determination what wins games.

The team, THE Team, THE TEAM!!!!!!!!!
What's with all the f**king Ravens fans in New Orleans? -I thought there'd be a wide range of 49ers fans, wtf is wrong with our fanbase?

Takes a little longer to get to New Orleans by Greyhound or thumbing it .... just sayin' Plus, all the 49ers fans had to finish out the work week ... unlike Ravens fans.

It's the day before the game. If it still 7-1 today. That's how it will be on Sunday. As I said I hope the team is prepared for an 80 percent Ravens crowd tommorow.
Originally posted by Tommyboy:
It's the day before the game. If it still 7-1 today. That's how it will be on Sunday. As I said I hope the team is prepared for an 80 percent Ravens crowd tommorow.

If you think it will be 80 % Raven fans tomorrow you are on drugs.
What's with all the f**king Ravens fans in New Orleans? -I thought there'd be a wide range of 49ers fans, wtf is wrong with our fanbase?

Takes a little longer to get to New Orleans by Greyhound or thumbing it .... just sayin' Plus, all the 49ers fans had to finish out the work week ... unlike Ravens fans.

No worries ...The Ratbirds fans will all be OUTSIDE of the stadium .. they can't afford the tickets, the Niner fans can
[ Edited by Beeker on Feb 2, 2013 at 6:18 PM ]
They were talking to Fred Dean at the 49ers alumni party tonight, and he thinks from looking this team over, from coach-to-players, he sees what he saw when he played under Walsh, in terms of a 'collective' team attitude/focus.
They were talking to Fred Dean at the 49ers alumni party tonight, and he thinks from looking this team over, from coach-to-players, he sees what he saw when he played under Walsh, in terms of a 'collective' team attitude/focus.

If you think it will be 80 % Raven fans tomorrow you are on drugs.

I think 10% will be Ravens, 40% 49ers fans (lest we forget almost 200-300 family members & friends of the coaches/players will be present), and 50% neutral dips**ts who will root either way (but most likely 49ers cause most of the people there tonight are Celebs/personalities from California).
Another dips hit sports announcer picked Ravens caused they are team of destiny.
Another dips hit sports announcer picked Ravens caused they are team of destiny.

That label is the perennial kiss of death, I remember every time Walsh heard that term he would (unbearably) cringe, I remember the '88 Bears were given/claimed that label. -In fact the Seahawks were given that label last month, and then the Falcons.
by the way, what do u guys think of Joe Flacco?

after watching some game film on him, I would say Rodgers or Matt Ryan is more of a threat than Flacco is. If you take away the deep right throws / WR away from him I think the rest of his game is pretty average.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Is anyone sleeping tonight? I'm thinking of pulling an all nighter.
Is anyone sleeping tonight? I'm thinking of pulling an all nighter.

I will sleep,but wouldn't be surprised if I woke up very early. lol