LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 216 users in the forums

49ers Crabtree sex assault investigation

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by shawny:
Nope. In fact, that girl was pregnant with Perrish Cox's baby (DNA Test proved it), and COX said he never had sex with her. AND Cox's teamate testified he saw Perrish take her passed out body into a room and say "She's ready".

So yeah, he was guilty as all f**k and still wasn't convicted, even after all that evidence and lies by him. So when the posters on this board say its just a money grab and she's a b***h, and rich athletes don't do this type of a thing, they just need to look no further than the Perrish Cox case.

Actually she did lie and it was proven, but Cox lied as well, the issue there was there was no evidense to convict him, other then DNA (which doesnt always prove someone was guilty) and witnesses saying they saw her kissing all over cox and his girlfriend.

Perrish Cox "I never had sex with that woman" (DNA test proves he fathered her child)
Demaryius thomas said he carried her passed out body into the bedroom and said "I think she's ready"

If you need more evidence that a rape occured than DNA evidence and a credible eye witness you are part of the problem with why most people get away with rapes.
Nope. In fact, that girl was pregnant with Perrish Cox's baby (DNA Test proved it), and COX said he never had sex with her. AND Cox's teamate testified he saw Perrish take her passed out body into a room and say "She's ready".

So yeah, he was guilty as all f**k and still wasn't convicted, even after all that evidence and lies by him. So when the posters on this board say its just a money grab and she's a b***h, and rich athletes don't do this type of a thing, they just need to look no further than the Perrish Cox case.

Actually she did lie and it was proven, but Cox lied as well, the issue there was there was no evidense to convict him, other then DNA (which doesnt always prove someone was guilty) and witnesses saying they saw her kissing all over cox and his girlfriend.

Perrish Cox "I never had sex with that woman" (DNA test proves he fathered her child)
Demaryius thomas said he carried her passed out body into the bedroom and said "I think she's ready"

If you need more evidence that a rape occured than DNA evidence and a credible eye witness you are part of the problem with why most people get away with rapes.
DNA isn't proof of rape it's proof of sex.
Originally posted by Ajanke:

You're right, when Cox said he never had sex with her, (not that they had consensual sex) and the DNA proved otherwise, nothing fishy there. When an eye witness says that he carried her passed out body to a bedroom and said she was ready for sex, nothing out of line there.

Seriously wtf is wrong with some of you. What is evidence of a rape then if not that?

He was suggesting Thomas having sex with her, as Thomas said on the stand he ignored the suggestions, she said if it would have been Thomas she wouldnt have accused rape, she said at first she had not been drinking then turned her story around to she was drinking, 10-15 drinks in fact, accused Cox and his girlfriend of drugging her because the details here too "hazy". but when asked if she was under the influence of drugs/alcohol she said no. Just like Ajanke said DNA is proof of sex not rape.
Great; Crabtree thread
You're right, when Cox said he never had sex with her, (not that they had consensual sex) and the DNA proved otherwise, nothing fishy there. When an eye witness says that he carried her passed out body to a bedroom and said she was ready for sex, nothing out of line there.

Seriously wtf is wrong with some of you. What is evidence of a rape then if not that?

Biggest thing would be scratches, bruises, cuts, wounds, any signs that she was forced into submission, believe it or not most women would fight when a man is trying to force themselves onto them.
  • Jiks
WTF?
Im finding it hard to really believe any of these reports yet because almost all of them are copy and pasted from another report, most say he was involved, which can vary from he is accused to it was one of his friends and some women at the hotel with him and he was just in the hotel also. The thing to me is if he was really accused wouldnt he have been arrested or detained for questioning? Not voluntarily bringing himself in there for questioning to provide whatever information the police need?

That's no more evidence that he was lying about having consensual sex than he was lying about raping her.

Sincerely,
A former DA
Im finding it hard to really believe any of these reports yet because almost all of them are copy and pasted from another report, most say he was involved, which can vary from he is accused to it was one of his friends and some women at the hotel with him and he was just in the hotel also. The thing to me is if he was really accused wouldnt he have been arrested or detained for questioning? Not voluntarily bringing himself in there for questioning to provide whatever information the police need?

There are some interesting aspects to this case. One, the alleged attack happened in the morning... why were both of them in that hotel that morning. My guess is they had slept there overnight. But how did that come to be? Did they have consensual sex that night?

Second, what did the rape kit show? This is probably still being looked at, but that this moment there isn't enough evidence to arrest (probable cause) let alone prosecute (beyond a reasonable doubt). That could change. If there is an arrest, that will tell us a lot.

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
True. That is why I would advise them to think like an older, wiser, gentleman would do and properly vet these chicks and if their resume doesn't add up, move on to the next. You have to realize that you are a target and you have to be extremely selective in your dealings with women. I am sure that there are a lot of hot women that are professional and that would be game for hooking up with an athlete under the right circumstances. I just don't know if there is a simple answer but this has got to stop. This stuff sickens me

GENERALLY, when a young man is given millions of dollars, a little popularity, and be desired by women he'll have a hard time to be thinking like a older and wiser gentleman dude.
The way he was dressed at the podium after the game it looked like he was ready to rape someone
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalniner:
The way he was dressed at the podium after the game it looked like he was ready to rape someone

Haha this. He had the rape sunglasses on.
I have a very hard time believing that there is nothing to this. Mostly because so far there have been no denials by Crabtree or anyone around him. His "people", friends, lawyers, agents, teammates, etc.., anyone who might have real knowledge of this have said nothing to support him. Regardless of if they were on the scene or know from his account what supposedly happened, no one is denying it.

That doesn't mean he actually raped someone, and so far no one has used that word either. Which makes me think that the truth is somewhere in between. There isn't enough information out to really have any idea yet, but it seems to me like the most likely scenario is that a girl was with him voluntarily and maybe didn't want to do something and he pushed harder than he should have. That could mean anything from just being forceful in his language, to not letting her leave right away to trying to physically get her do to it to attempting or actual rape to her consenting and then regretting it because she felt "forced".

His willingness to cooperate and the fact that they are just investigating at this point seems to indicate that it is a he said/she said and it's probably a situation full of gray areas where they may never be able to prove exactly what happened.

But it seems highly unlikely that it is as cut and dry as he did nothing wrong and she's just making it up for money, fame or vengeance OR that he is completely guilty of a flat out sexual assault/rape.

It does seem likely though that even the best case scenario is that he put himself in a potentially awkward situation and used some very bad judgement because he was over-excited coming off an emotional win and a big personal performance and possibly either one of the parties involved could have had a few drinks, and somewhere along the line this situaiton went south.

This is exactly the kind of situation high profile athletes are supposed to be taught to avoid and the he reached what should have been the pinnacle of his professional career he put himself into this situation.

Even if he can avoid legal troubles because things can't be proven and it's one person's word vs another's and/or because he has a better legal team, this looks very bad for him and I'd be shocked if this hanging over his head doesn't affect his performance on Sunday. At a time when he needs all his focus and energy to perform at his best for his team to have a chance to win, he will be dealing with the biggest distraction of his professional career, if not his life. Hard to believe that won't have an impact on him.

No matter what you believe or how you slice it, there were obviously some very poor choices made by this young man at what has a chance to be a pivotal time in his career.
Originally posted by Ajanke:

Maybe she was saying she wanted to have sex with him before she "passed out"?
Share 49ersWebzone