There are 309 users in the forums

Defensive plan for Falcons game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The Smith bro need to create havoc not giving Ryan enough time in the pocket DB's just don't get beat over the top Willis and Bowman need to do what they do best
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
pressure, rush hit and sack ryan
tackle and allow no yards after the catch and do not let the wide outs get behind you
do not make idiotic penalties to extend drives
do not drop picks
aldon smith needs to get off his ass and make a play
Originally posted by eman:
It is not secret that we struggle against quick slot receivers and big TEs past few years although we have Willis and Carlos
Good thing is Harry Douglas is not used often as Falcons usually got with 2wr, 1Te, FB RB formation when they are not in shotgun formation with Jaquizz
I was thinking we can counter with Carlos against Gonzalez (like c Woodson covering Vernon) and then using culliver on outside against the physical Julio
When they take out their FB and put in slot WR we can peel off Carlos and put him on wr.
This is very key as we struggle against quick receiving RB like Jacquizz (remember Sproles last year) and sparing Willis from running after all game against Gonzalez will keep him fresh chasing their RB

Thoughts?

Yea, Douglas isn't used much. Sometimes they get sneaky and put Roddy in the slot. There is no way to consistently cover Julio, Roddy, and Gonzo ...you must pressure Ryan.
Hit Ryan ofetn and VERY hard.

Blitz Willis, Stunts w/the Smith Bros.
Tackle... thats really all it comes down to.

If our LB's can stifle the run game without safety help and our CB's don't allow White and Jones YAC, our offense can suffocate them with our running game. The falcons will make plays, but can they sustain drives against this D.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Defense needs to disrupt Ryan, eliminate big plays, stop the run.
1. Stop the run
2. Stop Tony
2. Force the WR's to beat us over the top

Rewatched the Packers game last night

The run defense was good enough but needs to step it up a notch this week. Jones TD catch over the middle (ala Favre to Freeman endless times) was very disheartening. As Aikman stated, that was a designed call based on 49er schemes. Just like Favre knew the way our defense would react, so did the Packers.

The defense played well but gave up 2 easy ass 20 yard+ TDs. Atleast make Atlanta beat us over the top.
Like every other time we played a high powered passing game, it's all gonna come down to us getting pressure on the QB with our front 4.

If we can stop the run in nickel and get pressure with our 4 down lineman we can stop em.
Originally posted by KEGster:
1. Stop the run
2. Stop Tony
2. Force the WR's to beat us over the top

Rewatched the Packers game last night

The run defense was good enough but needs to step it up a notch this week. Jones TD catch over the middle (ala Favre to Freeman endless times) was very disheartening. As Aikman stated, that was a designed call based on 49er schemes. Just like Favre knew the way our defense would react, so did the Packers.

The defense played well but gave up 2 easy ass 20 yard+ TDs. Atleast make Atlanta beat us over the top.

I think you meant don't let them beat us over the top. We need to keep everything in front of us and make them go on long drives and hope we force something.

If our safeties don't keep proper depth and are letting Ryan consistently get the long ball we are going to be in trouble.
Originally posted by KegBert:
I think you meant don't let them beat us over the top. We need to keep everything in front of us and make them go on long drives and hope we force something.

If our safeties don't keep proper depth and are letting Ryan consistently get the long ball we are going to be in trouble.
Ryan will force things just like Rodgers did on his long INT

I say use the sideline as an extra defender. Personally I think Ryan can 5 yard us to hell like Eli Manning has continually done. He has way more weapons than Rodgers at his disposal. I don't think we can shut down the run, keep the recievers in front of us and pressure Ryan. That is a dream scenario

I say invite Ryan to try and force the ball deep. The timing he has with his receivers, simply staying in front and tackling isn't enough IMO.

Fysical with an F
[ Edited by FGore2121 on Jan 19, 2013 at 6:58 PM ]
Originally posted by lazy:
hit them in the mouf!

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
With all those weapons, the falcons are bound to get some huge plays in here and there. Just gotta limit them. Bend but don't break.

Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Stop the run. Make atl one dimensional. Get sacks. Dont get beat deep.

Originally posted by RonMexico:
we struggle against nothing, f**k the overrated falcons

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
kill them
I think Aldon will have a big day against Sam Baker. His short arms won't do him any favors against Aldon.
Share 49ersWebzone