There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What Was The Toughest NFC Title Game Loss For U To Swallow?

What Was The Toughest NFC Title Game Loss For U To Swallow?

Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by cciowa:
the dallas game in 73 was tough cuz we had a damn two touchdown lead late the game,, of course a missed field goal hurt us in that game as well.

11 points up with 1:50 to go... Horrible.

You know, I was wrong about that game. It was actually '72 and it was a divisional playoff, not the NFC championship game. I just checked. I do remember that they were way up at the start of the 4th quarter and people were all saying "we're going to the Super Bowl!"
Ugghh, all of them.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
You know, I was wrong about that game. It was actually '72 and it was a divisional playoff, not the NFC championship game. I just checked. I do remember that they were way up at the start of the 4th quarter and people were all saying "we're going to the Super Bowl!"

sorry for some reason I thought it was a nfc title game,., i swear the weekend before we came from behind and beat the vikings, that was the game in which spurrier, who was very good filling in for brodie who had a bad ankle,, sucked. brodie came in, did a big fourth quarter comeback and I thought the next game was for the championship . the viking win the week before must have been a wildcard game. Thank you for the correction in the year to