LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 363 users in the forums

If/When we make it to the Big Game, who do you NOT want to face?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If/When we make it to the Big Game, who do you NOT want to face?

Ravens, not because of the matchup, but to see the Pats lose and finally stop the Montana/Brady comparisons. Simply, Montana is the GOAT and Brady is not.
who really cares who we play??

play zone and we're gonna kill you up the middle.

play man and kap gonna run it on you all day.

pick your poison.
Let's just focus on beating ATL.

If we can do that, for me at least I could care less who we face in the SB. Reason is...I know we are more than capable of beating both the Ravens and NE.
It will be nice to have our game over with by the time the AFC starts.

Will be neutral in watching AFC game if we are in it, otherwise want pats to lose.
I'd definitely prefer to play the Ravens.

Baltimore was not particularly great this year defensively. They were 12th in points-per-game and they were 16th in yards-per-game (we were 2nd and 3rd, respectively). I'm not saying that's bad, but I don't think they have an elite defensive anymore. For the last decade they have been pretty good, so I think people have "elite defensive team" connotations immediately when they hear their name, but I'm not sure that's really the case anymore.

Their offense is good, but it's not great -- 10th in points-per-game, 16th in yards-per-game. Now here's the thing: they have some very good weapons (Rice, T. Smith, Boldin), but those simply do not compare to the passing offenses we saw with Ryan + his arsenal or Rodgers + his arsenal. Ray Rice is definitely the best back that any of those teams have, but run defense is the premier strength of our D (we were 4th-best in yards per carry against), so I think he is neutralized to a large degree.

On top of this... I think New England is simply a better team. 12-4 record vs. the 10-6 record of the Ravens. Plus, in addition to all of this, you've got the Brady/Belichick factor. Belichick is undoubtedly the best coach of the last decade, probably one of the best all-time. Look at the type of production he generates from mediocre talent. Do we really want him to have two weeks to gameplay for our defense? Look at what happened in the second half of the game when they played us. They absolutely shredded our defense.

In conclusion, I think the Ravens are a MUCH more favorable match-up for us. I would prefer to see Baltimore every day of the week and twice on Sunday. I'm not saying they will be a cake walk, but I think we go into the Super Bowl as underdogs versus the Pats.
I don't want the Ravens by far. Not because they are a better team than the Patriots but I don't like how they would fight us. Too much momentum and motivation with Ray Lewis leaving and all and being the underdog. Plus I think John is good at out coaching his little bro. I don't want the Harbowl at all because I have a sick feeling we will lose. We want the Patriots tired and beat up from the Ravens against us riding on an emotional high. Brady and Bill have been here they already won one it's our turn and I think that's how our guys will look at it. Plus we already beat them once.
Originally posted by BayArea:
I don't want the Ravens by far. Not because they are a better team than the Patriots but I don't like how they would fight us. Too much momentum and motivation with Ray Lewis leaving and all and being the underdog. Plus I think John is good at out coaching his little bro. I don't want the Harbowl at all because I have a sick feeling we will lose. We want the Patriots tired and beat up from the Ravens against us riding on an emotional high. Brady and Bill have been here they already won one it's our turn and I think that's how our guys will look at it. Plus we already beat them once.

See, I disagree. I think you are overplaying the notion of the Ravens beating up on the Patriots, because the Pats will have almost two full weeks to rest and recover.
Seattle...ohhh wait....
Originally posted by theduke85:

See, I disagree. I think you are overplaying the notion of the Ravens beating up on the Patriots, because the Pats will have almost two full weeks to rest and recover.

Just watching this game though it looks like the Ravens are roughing them up pretty good. I am not saying it will carry over to our game in two weeks but I still like that better than getting a Ravens team with everything to prove trying to send Ray off into the sunset with another ring.
Don't not want to play either. We got this.

Don't not want to play either. We got this.

Just watching this game though it looks like the Ravens are roughing them up pretty good. I am not saying it will carry over to our game in two weeks but I still like that better than getting a Ravens team with everything to prove trying to send Ray off into the sunset with another ring.

Yeah well we're trying to send off Moss with SB ring (especially if it's vs Pats) so f*** Ray Lewis.
I'm worried about Brady because he's still one of the best QBs ever to play the game and he's lost his last 2 Superbowls. New England has experience in the bright lights of the big game. He's gonna play us hard to win again and Belichick has film on us from the season and he's hard to outcoach in the Superbowl.

I like the matchup with the Ravens because our offense is fast and they may wanna win for Ray Lewis but their linebackers are slow and Kaep could go wild agaisnt them. Also Flacco is still a pocket QB and the D can handle ray rice and Torrey Smith. Plus I think with 2 weeks of prep instead of 3 days like the last time we played BAL, Jim can outcoach John this time the SB
[ Edited by artiga1 on Jan 20, 2013 at 5:52 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone