There are 199 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

anyone concerned about over-confidence

I must admit I'm a little concerned that w/ all the talk about being favored to win, and Kaep having a great game (which he did), that the team might have a let down like the games against the Rams and the Vikings and the pattern of win two and lose one just worries me.
One mustn't forget that regardless of what folks think, the Falcons won the most number of games in the NFC and conveniently found a way to win multiple games at the end.
[ Edited by deepniner on Jan 14, 2013 at 9:28 PM ]
Not in the playoffs I'm not. This team still has last years nfccg letdown on their minds, we might not win but IMO we will get max effort and focus
were just as good as them if not better man, didnt beat the rams twice due to akers being a f**kin idiot so we would have the same record as them under normal circumstances. theyre good but i think we have the tougher team and our offense is off the hook right now. if our defense can keep them off balance we will be fine. i think the whole win two lose one thing is blown way out of proportion, sometimes s**t just happens. most of these players were on the team last year and know how disappointed they were last year when we lost, i dont think theyll let that happen again
Frank Gore is all heart.

So is Gire from that matter, even if.
The fact that Kaepernick is only in his 2nd year as a starting QB and is playing his first couple of big playoff games should refrain ANY over-confidence from anywhere!
I think the only people overconfident are the fans of their respective teams. The game will be tough and the 49ers may lose but it won't be from the players being cocky.
Over confidence? You forget we lost this same game one year ago? That pain does not simply vanish. These guys have been living in defeat for 360 days. They are going go screaming into the Georgia Dome like bats outta hell.
Maybe the fans are over confidant but that's are job.

Harbaugh said something in the locker room after the game. He.said "it was good win not because we won but because we get.another week of practice".

I think that's sums it up. Harbaugh zen.
No way. Listen to the Staley interview on 95.7. This team is focused and last years loss is too fresh in their minds to let any overconfidence creep in.
Super Bowl versus Patriots maybe. Especially if Gronkowski is out.

Otherwise, no fear at all.
No way they're over confident about the game after the way we lost last year. Between remembering that game and the confidence from last game I think the Niners are gonna be on fire.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Over confidence? You forget we lost this same game one year ago? That pain does not simply vanish. These guys have been living in defeat for 360 days. They are going go screaming into the Georgia Dome like bats outta hell.

I hope so. I hope the anger and disappointment of that loss is still simmering and will lead to this team coming out and playing with an edge to them. It will take an effort even better than the one they gave against the Packers to put Atlanta away.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
[ Edited by Garcia on Jan 14, 2013 at 10:06 PM ]
Originally posted by deepniner:
I must admit I'm a little concerned that w/ all the talk about being favored to win, and Kaep having a great game (which he did), that the team might have a let down like the games against the Rams and the Vikings and the pattern of win two and lose one just worries me.
One mustn't forget that regardless of what folks think, the Falcons won the most number of games in the NFC and conveniently found a way to win multiple games at the end.

This is the only thing that worries me. They would be a .500 team without all the last second field goal drives.
We have to be up by at least two scores before the final minute, because knowing Fangio, we will go into a prevent and let them get into field goal range at the end.
I am more worried they come into the game TOO juiced up and can't sustain it for the entire game.

Matt Ryan showed yet again that they are 2 completions away from a FG on any spot of the field. We don't want to put ourselves in a situation where Ryan has the ball with the opportunity to equalize late.

If Kaepernick commits 1 turnover or less, we should be able to out score them by controlling the ground: offensively & defensively. Falcons had surprising success rushing versus Seattle. Something we were not able to do weeks ago. Falcons basically won the ground game versus Seattle
[ Edited by KEGster on Jan 14, 2013 at 10:09 PM ]