LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 418 users in the forums

Garrison Hearst

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I hope he is honorary team captain next week in Atlanta. Am I the only one who thinks that the 49ers can right a wrong that happened 13 years ago? I have always felt that if they had beaten the Falcons and they could have with Hearst, that they would have won #6. Now, its time to grill some "Dirty Bird". Go 49ers!
Mods feel free to move to other thread.
don't wanna jinx it doe
Pretty much forgotten except for the fans.
  • titan
  • Veteran
That was our game.
I would 100% love it.
One of my favorite 49ers of all time.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Mods feel free to move to other thread.

I've been thinking about this all day. I'll let it stay.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
That would be an awesome move, and a sweet nod to our history.
Hearst's is one of my fav niners
Originally posted by kray28:
That would be an awesome move, and a sweet nod to our history.
It most definitely would

1998 was arguably the greatest offense in Niner history, yes even better than 1994

Considering how close the game ended up, yeah I would like to think Hearst could cover 2 points

"But the momentum wouldn't carry. Playing the Falcons for the third time that season, the 49ers suffered one crushing loss on the first play of the game, and didn't recover for the duration. After taking a handoff from Steve Young to open the game, Garrison Hearst's ankle caught in the Atlanta turf, breaking his leg. The 49ers offense wasn't the same without him, and the Falcons were too good to beat undermanned."

I'm ready. 1998 was Steve Young's last shot and they ruined it. Also ruined the chance to see the Vikings face the Broncos, which would have made an epic matchup. Instead Eugene Robinson was buying hookers and the Falcons were beat up by the Broncos

I'm not sure we defeat Minnesota in 1998, in the dome. I think they torch up our corners and win a back and forth classic, at home.
[ Edited by KEGster on Jan 13, 2013 at 2:47 PM ]
I loved Hearst.
I hope he is honorary team captain next week in Atlanta. Am I the only one who thinks that the 49ers can right a wrong that happened 13 years ago? I have always felt that if they had beaten the Falcons and they could have with Hearst, that they would have won #6. Now, its time to grill some "Dirty Bird". Go 49ers!

It would be an awesome gesture. Hearst is still one of my favorite all time Niners. I still can't believe he came back after that injury.

I really don't think we would have beaten the Vikings in the NFCC. But that's just conjecture.

This is our time!
Gay Slur ControversyIn 2002, Hearst made inflammatory anti-gay comments to the Fresno Bee after Esera Tuaolo came out of the closet. "Aww, hell no! I don't want any f*ggots on my team. I know this might not be what people want to hear, but that's a punk. I don't want any f*ggots in this locker room."[4] Three weeks later, Hearst apologized for his comments.

Indeed. I still remember that game clearly. That was a bad injury to Hearst that day. I do feel that team was their "Last Hurrah" of being a champion in the 90s. After the Falcons' victory today the first thing I thought of was REVENGE.
Share 49ersWebzone