There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 Running Back Rotation

May be jumping the gun, but I am curious as to how our rotation will look next season. There is no way we can keep LeMichael James off of the field. I think Frank Gore stays around 15 carries a game, with Hunter and James staying near 10. I can also see James and possibly Hunter lined up at receiver to keep them involved. I am loving the potential of this crowded backfield. It's also the reason why it wouldn't be any sense in spending a draft pick on a running back because carries are going to be harder to come by for a 4th running back than it is for a 2nd or 3rd receiver in this offense.
Nice challenge to have.

Good call using them as receivers with their speed.
I agree I think we will see Gore as the starter, Hunter the #2 and LMJ truly be our Darren Sproles, he will return kicks (and hopefully punts) and play some RB and return guy, thing I like is we have 3 different dimensions with these guys, going to be good. Plus with Mario back our WR group will be better.
This year I thought it would be Gore 50-60, Hunter 30-35 ish and James 10-15% ish of the RB carries. Have to include RB carries since Kap is taking a chunk of the carries away from the RBs. I also thought by next year Gore will go down to 45-50 as the other guys go up. Re-valuating that now I think we will see Gore around 50-55% with Hunter at like 20-30% and James at 20-30%. I'd wouldn't mind like 50 gore, 25 hunter, 25 james. This year before Hunter got hurt it was like 70-30 for Gore without factoring in the other guys. Gore will definitely start going down. Then the year after next which I believe is Gore's last year on his contract he should be down to 40-45% with James and Hunter being like 30-35 each. I can see us going with a 3 headed RB attack as Gore ends his career. I have no problem with Gore playing at least the 2 more years left on his contract as all 3 will work well together. Although, James might pass Hunter for the #2 back but they are both very good backups.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jan 13, 2013 at 4:19 PM ]
Gore
Hunter
LMJ

IR: lattimore
Get all three more involved in the passing game. Then they will all be getting plenty of touches.

I think I like LMJ over Hunter. Guy looks like he will be great next year.
Man, Hunter was good before he go hurt...much better than his rookie year. LMJ seems to get better every game. Gore will still be the starter but we r deep if he gets injured which will probably happen at some point in 2013.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Gore
Hunter
LMJ

IR: lattimore

Money! This is my dream scenario.
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
Get all three more involved in the passing game. Then they will all be getting plenty of touches.

I think I like LMJ over Hunter. Guy looks like he will be great next year.

I laugh at the notion that LMJ is better than Hunter, do u guys forget what Hunter did b4 he got hurt? The guy is an everydown back in waiting. He will take over as the guy when Gore leaves. LMJ is very good but he's never going to be a killer up the middle, Hunter can do both.
Originally posted by matt49er:
I agree I think we will see Gore as the starter, Hunter the #2 and LMJ truly be our Darren Sproles, he will return kicks (and hopefully punts) and play some RB and return guy, thing I like is we have 3 different dimensions with these guys, going to be good. Plus with Mario back our WR group will be better.

our Wr group is not very good looking for next year. Moss gone, Ginn (sucks) gone, Williams ACL, Manningham ACL LCL + lots of money may not be back, AJ Jenkins well at this point stinks. That leave on good WR Crabtree.
so we don't go RB in the first round, right?
Originally posted by matt49er:
I laugh at the notion that LMJ is better than Hunter, do u guys forget what Hunter did b4 he got hurt? The guy is an everydown back in waiting. He will take over as the guy when Gore leaves. LMJ is very good but he's never going to be a killer up the middle, Hunter can do both.

I agree. People have very short memories. It seems like Kendall Hunter never loses yardage and picks up huge chunks most of the time he touches the ball. If we do retain Roman as our OC, it's going to be interesting to see how he uses all three in the game. Hunter/Gore/James + Crabtree/Davis split out wide.
Look to the Saints for your example. Two back system with a flex guy.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Gore
Hunter
LMJ

IR: lattimore

Pretty nice scenario. Although he probably won't get many carries in 2014 either unless it's a CK like situation.
I talked a lot of ish about Boobie Dixon, but I have to give him his props. He looked better this year than ever. He should get a few carries in between the tackles also.