There are 245 users in the forums

Divisional Round: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Look.. you are still not getting the issue. I like reading Marv's post-game thoughts. However, there is simply NO reason to mention Alex in these post-game thoughts. It isn't about challenging his thoughts that Alex can or can not do this or that... so there's no point in that angle of discussion.

Not mad... it just doesn't add anything useful to his post-game thoughts. Kaepernick is the QB now... he's playing well. Talk about that and don't use inane absolutes about the other guy. If you do? Guess what? I for one am gonna criticize him doing so.. as it serves no purpose to this particular post-game observations.

Now I really hope that ends any confusion you or he may have. If not? At least read the bolded again.

I truly AM done with this now, moderators... want to be done with this... so no need to react harshly, k? thanks. No need to reply further to me and make me return here.
You almost sound bitter about the switch even after it turned out to be the right one. Why so sensitive just curious?
Originally posted by TurlockCK7:
Marvin, I'm new here but I really enjoy your write up and I don't understand why you are catching heat on a subject that was still a question mark for a lot of fans. The week leading up to the Greenbay game the question was did Harbaugh make the right decision switching QBs? The question was answered emphatically on Saturday night. So I don't see the harm of writing up a review and making points about the quarterback switch finally being answered. You just pointed out the truth on the matter that Colin brings more explosiveness to this offense. It's not a knock on Alex or a point to kick him while he's down It's just silly to me for anyone to take it that way.

Anyway I'm sure this won't discourage you from expressing your thoughts after this weeks game win or lose but I look forward to reading it. Keep up the good work!

Thanx...

No worries.
Look.. you are still not getting the issue. I like reading Marv's post-game thoughts. However, there is simply NO reason to mention Alex in these post-game thoughts. It isn't about challenging his thoughts that Alex can or can not do this or that... so there's no point in that angle of discussion.

Not mad... it just doesn't add anything useful to his post-game thoughts. Kaepernick is the QB now... he's playing well. Talk about that and don't use inane absolutes about the other guy. If you do? Guess what? I for one am gonna criticize him doing so.. as it serves no purpose to this particular post-game observations.

Now I really hope that ends any confusion you or he may have. If not? At least read the bolded again.

I truly AM done with this now, moderators... want to be done with this... so no need to react harshly, k? thanks. No need to reply further to me and make me return here.
You almost sound bitter about the switch even after it turned out to be the right one. Why so sensitive just curious?

Post history reveals all mysteries.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
That's fine, post as you want to post. I enjoy your posts. But I don't agree with bringing up Alex Smith and saying that teams were saying "oh s**t they have a qb now too", that statement is bashing Alex Smith whether you intended it or not. It's not fitting for the thread. That is not a comparison between Kap and Smith. You are slighting Smith by saying that. Like I said before, with that statement you are praising one guy, and taking a jab at another guy at the same time. It's really not necessary as it'll just rile people up.

No one is calling for Smith. You're just adding fuel to the fire. Let's just talk about Kap and enjoy his success! But it's whatever, do what you want. Just my opinion and a little advice. Keep up the good post-game posts.

All of this.

No need to knock one guy down to pump up the other guy. The other guy is doing very well and doesn't need you to push down the prior guy.

Not complicated. You can "post how you want to post, Marv"... but then don't in turn get all bent outta shape when people think less of your posts and intentions when you do so.

Exactly.

My point is, bringing smith up in the first place is not appropriate for what this thread is suppose to be about. Again, no one is calling for smith to start. Would talking about scott tolzein be appropriate? Why dont we talk about how tolzein cant do things kap can as well. Or talk about how ted ginn is so much more sure handed at punt returns than kyle williams and mention that teams wish they were punting to kyle williams? Because it serves no purpose and these players did not play in this game, which this thread is suppose to be all about. You seem to be the one offended bc I had this critique of your post.
Sorry didnt mean to put that stupid little face. I'm on my phone..

Thats what god said about Russel Wilson.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Marv is just posting his opinions (Smith V. Kaep and who is better), and instead of countering those opinions, people are telling him he shouldn't even be posting his opinions AT ALL because it makes their post "shallow and empty." He's not s**tting on Smith, he's praising Kaep. Marv was an avid Smith supporter before he eralized we have a better option.

How about coming up with some rebuttals, comparisons, and if they can't jcome up with anything just don't reply. No need to bash on his posts because people don't like the content.

Rebut it....

Indeed. Good post. That is all we are saying. They're not getting it though. Oh well.

Lol good one.

Lol good one.

Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Sigh.

Still don't get it.

My issue with this is that it seems that almost ANYTHING I say, factual or not, bends YOU out of shape.

Look, I'm tired of this. I'm not gonna comment on this crap again...but the bottom line for me is that anyone who has an issue with what I'm sayin in regards to Alex needs to get a much thicker skin. Alex sure as hell has one...try taking his lead.

I'm telling you Marv. Let it go.

These guys will incite and rip into you for honest opinions until you strike back, and then you'll be the one who gets warned/banned.

Its happened to me a few times and then a few good posters got banned from here for it.

this
Ditto

Kaep is not afraid of anything.
Marv is just posting his opinions (Smith V. Kaep and who is better), and instead of countering those opinions, people are telling him he shouldn't even be posting his opinions AT ALL because it makes their post "shallow and empty." He's not s**tting on Smith, he's praising Kaep. Marv was an avid Smith supporter before he eralized we have a better option.

How about coming up with some rebuttals, comparisons, and if they can't jcome up with anything just don't reply. No need to bash on his posts because people don't like the content.

Rebut it....

Indeed. Good post. That is all we are saying. They're not getting it though. Oh well.

A lot of people on NT are still on A. Smith's sack. I really have no idea why, but there still is. That's why I think Marvin still addresses it, because he's addressing everyone on the Zone, not just the level headed ones like us who know Alex is done. :D

Lol good one.

And it actually does look like Russell Wilson...

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Kaep is not afraid of anything.

Doesn't afraid of anything.

And marv is just posting his thoughts after a game. Maybe his thoughts included comparing Kaepernick's play with our former starter, which is a huge storyline this year. From someone who used to tally Smith's stats after every game since 2010, I think it just shows how much more impressive Kap has been.

Tldr: Rock on, Marv!
[ Edited by Godsleftsock on Jan 18, 2013 at 8:03 AM ]
Marvin, I'm new here but I really enjoy your write up and I don't understand why you are catching heat on a subject that was still a question mark for a lot of fans. The week leading up to the Greenbay game the question was did Harbaugh make the right decision switching QBs? The question was answered emphatically on Saturday night. So I don't see the harm of writing up a review and making points about the quarterback switch finally being answered. You just pointed out the truth on the matter that Colin brings more explosiveness to this offense. It's not a knock on Alex or a point to kick him while he's down It's just silly to me for anyone to take it that way.

Anyway I'm sure this won't discourage you from expressing your thoughts after this weeks game win or lose but I look forward to reading it. Keep up the good work!
I agree with all of this, but especially the bolded.
Share 49ersWebzone