LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 319 users in the forums

Divisional Round: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Sigh.

Still don't get it.

My issue with this is that it seems that almost ANYTHING I say, factual or not, bends YOU out of shape.

Look, I'm tired of this. I'm not gonna comment on this crap again...but the bottom line for me is that anyone who has an issue with what I'm sayin in regards to Alex needs to get a much thicker skin. Alex sure as hell has one...try taking his lead.

I'm telling you Marv. Let it go.

These guys will incite and rip into you for honest opinions until you strike back, and then you'll be the one who gets warned/banned.

Its happened to me a few times and then a few good posters got banned from here for it.
Sigh.

Still don't get it.

My issue with this is that it seems that almost ANYTHING I say, factual or not, bends YOU out of shape.

Look, I'm tired of this. I'm not gonna comment on this crap again...but the bottom line for me is that anyone who has an issue with what I'm sayin in regards to Alex needs to get a much thicker skin. Alex sure as hell has one...try taking his lead.

I will also finish up for good with this... You have it twisted here. The thick skin is that you posted something... others criticized what you posted.. and you in turn are having trouble dealing with that criticism. So... yeah, twisted... the tougher skin is yours to be found.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Sigh.

Still don't get it.

I'm telling you Marv. Let it go.

These guys will incite and rip into you for honest opinions until you strike back, and then you'll be the one who gets warned/banned.

Its happened to me a few times and then a few good posters got banned from here for it.

this
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Sigh.

Still don't get it.

I will also finish up for good with this... You have it twisted here. The thick skin is that you posted something... others criticized what you posted.. and you in turn are having trouble dealing with that criticism. So... yeah, twisted... the tougher skin is yours to be found.

Marv is just posting his opinions (Smith V. Kaep and who is better), and instead of countering those opinions, people are telling him he shouldn't even be posting his opinions AT ALL because it makes their post "shallow and empty." He's not s**tting on Smith, he's praising Kaep. Marv was an avid Smith supporter before he eralized we have a better option.

How about coming up with some rebuttals, comparisons, and if they can't jcome up with anything just don't reply. No need to bash on his posts because people don't like the content.

Rebut it....
Sigh.

Still don't get it.

Marv is just posting his opinions (Smith V. Kaep and who is better), and instead of countering those opinions, people are telling him he shouldn't even be posting his opinions AT ALL because it makes their post "shallow and empty." He's not s**tting on Smith, he's praising Kaep. Marv was an avid Smith supporter before he eralized we have a better option.

How about coming up with some rebuttals, comparisons, and if they can't jcome up with anything just don't reply. No need to bash on his posts because people don't like the content.

Rebut it....

I don't post much as you can see but read all of Marvin's "thoughts of rewatching the game". I DVR all the games too and watch them over the week when I've sobered up and see much more of the actual gameplay. With that being said and I won't be baited into a Kap/Alex debate......... But could you imagine what the Zone would have been like if it existed during the Montana/Young controversy??!! Bans/meltdowns/punches flying......... LOL

Rebut it....

Look.. you are still not getting the issue. I like reading Marv's post-game thoughts. However, there is simply NO reason to mention Alex in these post-game thoughts. It isn't about challenging his thoughts that Alex can or can not do this or that... so there's no point in that angle of discussion.

Not mad... it just doesn't add anything useful to his post-game thoughts. Kaepernick is the QB now... he's playing well. Talk about that and don't use inane absolutes about the other guy. If you do? Guess what? I for one am gonna criticize him doing so.. as it serves no purpose to this particular post-game observations.

Now I really hope that ends any confusion you or he may have. If not? At least read the bolded again.

I truly AM done with this now, moderators... want to be done with this... so no need to react harshly, k? thanks. No need to reply further to me and make me return here.
Originally posted by loyal9er:
I don't post much as you can see but read all of Marvin's "thoughts of rewatching the game". I DVR all the games too and watch them over the week when I've sobered up and see much more of the actual gameplay. With that being said and I won't be baited into a Kap/Alex debate......... But could you imagine what the Zone would have been like if it existed during the Montana/Young controversy??!! Bans/meltdowns/punches flying......... LOL

is this an attempt to kick steve young down ?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by loyal9er:

is this an attempt to kick steve young down ?

LOL... I was a Montana guy and have been a 49er fan since '79. I remember when it when it all went down. It seemed at the time that going to Young was in the teams best interest long term as they wrere still built to win in all phases of the game!! Watching Montana traded was tough but as what is happening in this situation, it's still a business and I trust Harbaugh to make those decisions. No slight against AS or Young, or Montana for that matter.

As long as we still win..... It's all water under the bridge!!
Sigh.

Still don't get it.

Rebut it....

This.

This.

Sigh.

Still don't get it.

Rebut it....

This.

I've even watched the biggest Smith supporters get upset and criticize AS limitations in the pocket, his lack of arm stregnth, and not reactinng quickly.

AS great game against the Cards on Monday night was an example of a guy who takes sacks cause he can't get out of the pocket quick enough or scramble to throw the ball away.

Our team's 2nd and longs and 3rd and longs were AS not able to get through his progressions and get outside to get the ball out of bounds..... when he was able to escape, it was only to throw the ball away.... no looking downfield, it was a tuck and run, or throw away.

He can't improvise.... his brain almost won't comprehend it. In the end I believe AS biggest limitations were between his ears.

Rebut it....

Look.. you are still not getting the issue. I like reading Marv's post-game thoughts. However, there is simply NO reason to mention Alex in these post-game thoughts. It isn't about challenging his thoughts that Alex can or can not do this or that... so there's no point in that angle of discussion.

Not mad... it just doesn't add anything useful to his post-game thoughts. Kaepernick is the QB now... he's playing well. Talk about that and don't use inane absolutes about the other guy. If you do? Guess what? I for one am gonna criticize him doing so.. as it serves no purpose to this particular post-game observations.

Now I really hope that ends any confusion you or he may have. If not? At least read the bolded again.

I truly AM done with this now, moderators... want to be done with this... so no need to react harshly, k? thanks. No need to reply further to me and make me return here.

If he wants to mention Smith in his post game comments to make points about Kaep he should be able to.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jan 17, 2013 at 3:02 PM ]

Rebut it....

WTF is going on here on this MB lately? It's ridiculous that some people on here think it's their own personal board and they can tell others what to post and not post?
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

Rebut it....

WTF is going on here on this MB lately? It's ridiculous that some people on here think it's their own personal board and they can tell others what to post and not post?

Kinda my whole point.
Marvin, I'm new here but I really enjoy your write up and I don't understand why you are catching heat on a subject that was still a question mark for a lot of fans. The week leading up to the Greenbay game the question was did Harbaugh make the right decision switching QBs? The question was answered emphatically on Saturday night. So I don't see the harm of writing up a review and making points about the quarterback switch finally being answered. You just pointed out the truth on the matter that Colin brings more explosiveness to this offense. It's not a knock on Alex or a point to kick him while he's down It's just silly to me for anyone to take it that way.

Anyway I'm sure this won't discourage you from expressing your thoughts after this weeks game win or lose but I look forward to reading it. Keep up the good work!
Share 49ersWebzone