There are 150 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Best Offensive Line in all of Football

Another key point in this o-line make up is the fact they are all absolute monsters. This has to be one of the biggest o-lines in football right now, with Alex Boone being the smallest guy on the o-line (300lbs). If the 49ers run as they did against the Packers, that has to where on a defense. On the one hand you have these enormous, physical hogs, and on the other you have blazing speed at QB and RB. The only negative is this line can be beat in the passing game. The read option makes a lot of sense, given the strengths of our o-line.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Jan 14, 2013 at 7:01 AM ]
I love reading Atlanta's boards where they're saying how they shut down (an injured) Marshawn Lynch, therefore shutting down Gore won't be a problem for them. Little do they realize that they're not going up against Gore, they're going up against the best line in the NFL. If they think Seattle's line of three tackling dummies joined at the waist to Unger and Okung prepares them at all, then they're going to be in for an awfully long day in the trenches on Sunday.
Originally posted by mutt_pinoy:
The thing I love about this line, they don't let nobody f**k with anybody on the team.

Anthony Davis seems to have everybody's back whenever extra-curricular activity breaks out. There is an attitude with this group. They really are big tough guys. Mess with them, their teammates and their coaches at your own peril.
This is why I question "why" in all of the mock drafts on this site do zoners want to cut Goodwin (with a year left on his contract0 and bring in a rookie.

I understand Goodwins contract is expensive, who cares? Let him play out his contract. Draft a Center, but relying on a rookie center is not the way to keep continuity going on an offensive line.
Originally posted by cciowa:
they got back to imposing their will and that was good. staley is still over rated to me and they still have to do better in pass protection. the only reason we do not get sack more is due to the very good footwork of ck. I know troy A loves our line and he may be right about how good it is in run protection but they still have pass protection issues in my opinion

Dude really? After his performance against the Packers in obvious agony you had to go there? He shut down one of the hottest pass rushers in the NFL. Shut Him Down. Joe earned his check for the season.
[ Edited by WINiner on Jan 14, 2013 at 8:03 AM ]
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Originally posted by megusta49:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1EzJ0y3clI

this is awesome

LMAO!!!!!
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
We are easily the best run blocking O-line. Pass blocking needs work. It would almost be like cheating if this was a dominant pass blocking line. It would be impossible to stop this team.

I would have agreed with you in the first part of the year and in years past but not now.

They have jelled in the pass blocking department over the last half of the season. Kaep has had plenty of time to throw and had way more time than Rodgers.

I sure hope we can afford to keep all these guys in the coming years cause it is fun having a line like this.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by cciowa:
they got back to imposing their will and that was good. staley is still over rated to me and they still have to do better in pass protection. the only reason we do not get sack more is due to the very good footwork of ck. I know troy A loves our line and he may be right about how good it is in run protection but they still have pass protection issues in my opinion

Dude really? After his performance against the Packers in obvious agony you had to go there? He shut down one of the hottest pass rushers in the NFL. Shut Him Down. Joe earned his check for the season.
Just my opinion i think ck was responsible as much as staley for making that long haired freak look like a big dummy and i think the best play on clay was when one of our gaurds pancaked him into the ground.
Shout out to Bruce Miller as well. Not an OL, but definitely helps open up some lanes for the RB. He usually wins his 1 on 1 block.
I dont know, i mean to me... I knew Staley , Lupati, Davis and Goodwin would be decent.. I was a bit worried about Kilgore i mean he sat in the bench for a while before he got the nod but he's done pretty well .. much props to him and the rest of the line... Props to Baalke at being the best friggin GM in Football and Harbaugh for knowing how to actually COACH.
Win or Lose we are building a beautiful thing here in SF .. Winners!
Can't wait to watch these guys against an undersized Falcons DLine.
2 great games in a row...have they finally figured it out?
btw I loved Boone getting in the face of the falcons player that hit Kaepernick in the head.
Originally posted by lazy:
2 great games in a row...have they finally figured it out?
btw I loved Boone getting in the face of the falcons player that hit Kaepernick in the head.

In the post game, he towered over AD

Yet he is ONLY 300 pounds,

I know he lost a lot of weight once he stopped drinking but I don't believe it
O-Line was a huge reason why we won. Gave Kap enough time in the pocket and opened up some pretty huge holes for Gore and LMJ. Expect them to be even better come 2 weeks from now.
What a fantastic year

I hope Iupati is ok